Found 6 of over 6 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 1.0Sep 17, 2019Director of OperationsCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSanta Clara, CA
Able to work remotely!
- Lack of training on tools/software/staff is expected to train/ certify on their own time unpaid Xero Certification before they even start the job. - The on-boarding of new clients and staff induction is broken - The exit of clients/ staff is broken - The business model with employees (remote) in the Philippines, Santa Clara, Bulgaria, and outsourcing the coding to a third party in India with no real cybersecurity. (Red Flag). - Customer Service is broken / Management doesn't reach out to customers regularly and when the time has gone by customer reaches out Sr. Mangement will pass the blame onto its staff and other instead of taking responsibility when the customer wants to move on and or cancel the agreement with Teamworks. - Files are out of date/ using multiple new/ old documents staff is always confused even after trying to clean up the files. - The owner goes to many conferences across the nation and meets up with other like companies in the professional accounting world like Xero con and other conferences to come back with great ideas but can't implement them into her own company.1
- 1.0Jan 21, 2019Office ManagerFormer Contractor, less than 1 yearSanta Clara, CA
Good location for a true business professional
No Ethics, Non Management by the owner, Carol Hower. She does not demonstrate any ability to run a business. Her business acumen is zero. Do not seek a position here! As the previous poster indicated,"save your sanity!"1
- 1.0Jan 21, 2016Senior Accounting ManagerFormer Employee, less than 1 year
Food and drinks in small kitchen.
I will have to 100% concur with the anonymous review that was provided July 2015. Carol, sadly, does not know how to run a business properly; she lacks business and personal morals. She is one that will smile in your face but stab you in the back. She did not have the ability to be honest, selfless, or reasonable. She promised new hires and new clients everything they wanted to hear to acquire them but never could deliver - ever. Let me provide an example; my mother passed away and Carol had the audacity to say that my absence during that week created an inconvenience and made her have to push out her home kitchen remodeling. Never in my life have I heard such a heartless and selfish statement from an employer.7
- 1.0Jul 16, 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Drinks in fridge Own Desk Air Conditioner
The Owner of the business is Carol Hower. She does NOT know how to properly run a business or communicate to her employees at all. She will throw messy work at you and expect you to complete in a heart beat. She brings in a bunch of clients when she is not properly staffed for the client work, and promises all her clients/new clients the world and over works her employees to the bone and wont care if you work from 8am to 12 midnight...as long as you meet her client promises and expectations because guess what? you work salary so she doesn't even have to worry about paying you overtime. Don't try to leave work on time like you're promised either or you will never hear the end of it. Or, she will just complain to any other employee within 3 feet of her about you and how you don't "prioritize your client work" and how "you don't do enough" when you're more then likely doing above and beyond what you originally were assigned. There has been more people leaving this company then any other company i have been previously employed for. The turn out rate is either within 2 weeks, or 3 months. Usually 3 months is the life span of a "normal" Teamworks employee. All the "original" employees left because carol is too difficult to work with, they were also just tired of picking up her own slack, and holding her hand through every little thing, which is unfortunate. Oh, and lets not forget about the "BONUS" she will promise you in the hiring process that you supposedly get ever quarter which is a total fabricated lie. Last time she awarded bonus's to employees it was last year around june 2014 after she had overworked them for over a year and felt they finally deserved it. This women is horrible to do business with, and to work with. If you are looking for accounting experience, look else where. You will save yourself a lot of self hate, regret, and stress. Every "Business Partner" carol has attempted to obtain has worked with her for a few months and realized how she runs her business and left as well. After the constant negativity, and rude comments i had to give up my position at Teamworks. It was a constant nightmare.. Carol is the definition of "Micro-manager" and i will forever regret accepting to ever work for such a buisness as TeamWorks, inc.8