Teamworks (NC) Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 11, 2018

4.7
Zach Maurides

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Teamworks employment review."

Current Employee - Customer Support Associate in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Support Associate in Durham, NC

Pros

Great team environment with great benefits.

Cons

Growing company trying to put people in new positions.

Advice to Management

Management team here is great and very professional.

2. "Sales"

I have been working at Teamworks (NC) full-time

Pros

Incredible people to work with and mission to serve its customers

Cons

Not a lot of opportunity for growth in certain areas of the company

3. "Can’t Imagine Leaving"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Success in Durham, NC

I have been working at Teamworks (NC) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You cannot do this job anywhere else. We have such a cool and unique opportunity to make an impact in college and professional athletics and that is so motivating.

GREAT people that have become more than co-workers, but more like family.

Cool downtown office space with lots do for dinner, drinks, social events after work.

CEO cares way more than your normal leader. He’s super motivating and it has been so cool getting to know him and work for him. Same goes for the rest of the executive team. They want to see us succeed and are constantly making sure we are doing well at work but also outside of work.

Good benefits and pay for a start up.

Can’t imagine ever leaving!

Cons

We’re growing super fast so there’s always going to be a growing pains here and there.

Can sometimes create a tense environment if leadership team is stressed out. It ripples down to middle management and then to us.

Don’t apply if you are looking for a 9-5 job, because it is not that at all. You get your work done and that may be in 30 hours some weeks and some weeks that’s 70 hours, but it’s worth it!

Outgrowing our current building and looks like we will basically outgrow our next planned building by the end of the year but that’s a good sign of growth!

Advice to Management

Keep motivating your employees. This is a FUN place to work but as we grow we have to keep that culture.

Also keep listening to your current employees. They are the ones that are on the phone with customers everyday, their perspective is invaluable!

Hire and promote from within!! You have incredibly talented employees that will leave if they feel they are always overlooked.

4. "100% Recommend"

I have been working at Teamworks (NC) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are so many great things to say about Teamworks!
    -Great people that want to see the company continue to grow.
    -The culture is amazing and the company is always looking for ways to keep the employees engaged!
    -Flexible work schedule.
    -Benefits are the best I’ve had!
    -Optimum program that focuses on all areas of your health (physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, financial)
    -One on Ones with the CEO when you are hired are a great way to get to know him, as well as learn more about the history of the company!
    -Collaboration among teams is an every day occurrence.
    -Teamworks wants to see their employees succeed!
    -Office in downtown Durham that is close to many restaurants and attractions.

It would be easy to go on and on about the many benefits of the company and how Teamworks truly is a great place to work!

Cons

There really aren’t any cons that I can think of. I would say that there can be longer hours during some seasons, but working with great people makes the time enjoyable!

Advice to Management

Keep taking the time to hire the right people! Looking forward to how Teamworks continues to grow!

5. "This is a no brainer!"

Current Employee - Sales in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Sales in Durham, NC

I have been working at Teamworks (NC) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture
    Core Values
    Focus on Elite Athletics
    People (Exceptional talent)
    Location (Downtown Durham, NC)
    GREAT PRODUCT!

Cons

Not really a "con" per say, but this is not your typical 9-5 career. Teamworks is a fast moving train so make sure you are ready for it. The aforementioned "pros" make the occasional later nights or early mornings worth it!

Advice to Management

Keep finding creative ways to keep everyone aligned as we continue to grow - great job so far!

6. "Exciting Times!"

I have been working at Teamworks (NC) full-time

Pros

- Really fun people to work with
    - Opportunities for growth and learning
    - Caring executives
    - Compensation fair
    - Pleasant office environment

Cons

- Most people have heavy work loads
    - Processes not developed yet
    - Rate of change seems dizzying for some

Advice to Management

Improve hiring process and do more research on those you hire instead of depending on essays/tests

7. "Whatever is necessary"

I have been working at Teamworks (NC) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Autonomy, fantastic culture, strong team cohesion, accessible and inspirational executive leadership. Fantastic feeling of a very united team, aligned with common goals and values.

Cons

Some expected growing pains with the transition away from a start-up feel to a real, full fledged company.

"Hard Work but worth it"

I have been working at Teamworks (NC) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is great and really facilitates collaboration and communication. It's awesome to be a part of something that is growing fast and watching everyone WIN.

Cons

This is a startup so it's not for everyone. If you want a new title every year then this isn't the best environment for you. Sometimes you have to work long hours but that is what working for a startup is like. If you want a 9-5 job where you don't have to think a lot, then this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep ensuring the right people join the family!

"Great Culture, Great People, Great Future Ahead"

Current Employee - One of the First 20 Employees in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - One of the First 20 Employees in Durham, NC

I have been working at Teamworks (NC) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great office, getting ready to expand again. Sounds cliche, but the people - you really do feel like part of a family, and there's so many incredibly smart, hardworking people around you you can't help but learn something every day.

We are selling to some of the most recognizable names in elite athletics (pro & college). It's cool to be able to tell your friends and family that your company just brought on another NFL team or their favorite DI collegiate athletic department.

The company is growing like crazy - there's tons of opportunity for high performers.

Even though we only have about 60 people as I'm writing this, the benefits package better than what I had when I was working at a fortune 500 company.

Everyone, from top leadership to software engineers to sales people to the person sitting at the front desk, are doing everything in their power to build a truly great company. It really feels like we're part of something important here.

Cons

The pace of growth can be disorienting. Some people who joined early on risk the company outgrowing them. Standards for performance keep going up - there's a high bar.

Certain seasons of the year can become incredibly busy. They are trying to hire quickly for areas where help is needed, but can take new employees a couple of months to get up to speed and truly help ease workloads.

There's strong leadership, but today not very much in the way of middle management. This creates two problems for the team - 1) VP level people are forced to spend a lot of time on day to day operational issues instead of focusing on strategic initiatives, which isn't good in the long term and 2) for employees coming in it can sometimes be hard to see a career growth path because there's not a clear line of progression through roles that currently exist (i.e. jr. staff --> sr staff --> manager --> director --> VP... in some cases today the path looks like sr staff --> VP). On the other hand, it gives less senior people access to top leadership that they might not otherwise have at a company with a deeper hierarchy, so it's not an entirely bad thing, just something to be aware of. I know they are starting to open up additional management roles so this should be less of an issue 6 months from now.

Advice to Management

Finish building out middle management.

Let's hurry and get into the additional office space we keep hearing about - we're not quite full yet, but it's looking like things could start feeling tight by early next year if we don't have the new office space next door opened up.

Keep communicating - part of the reason the culture is so great is that everyone feels like they're part of something really big. Management does a good job of sharing their vision for the future, and needs to keep this up to keep the entire team motivated as the company continue to grow.

"Not your average startup"

I have been working at Teamworks (NC) full-time

Pros

Relaxed work environment with hard working people. The customers are exciting to work with and the culture is great.

Cons

Teamworks is growing quickly which can make for long hours during back-to-school season.