Tec Engineering Reviews | Glassdoor

Tec Engineering Reviews

2.5
CEO

1. "Engineers were great, Management was horrible"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

I worked at Tec Engineering full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have some great people working there. The atmosphere is informal and allows to build some great relationships. If you are an engineer or surveyor you are compensated well.

Cons

Where to start, at the top, worst CEO I have ever encountered. He treats the company as a tax shelter/ATM and doesn't really care to invest in it or its people. He will be the downfall of the company. I was let go after voicing my opinion to him, so don't be honest there. Best to just keep your head down and collect a paycheck.

They don't have, or want a strategic plan. Management doesn't meet regularly or communicate very well. The Vice President is merely a "yes man" and voice box of the CEO. He shows no real operations experience outside of managing billable hours. The company could be so much more, but it is doomed to be the same as long as the CEO/Vice President run it.

Advice to Management

Invest in a strategy, meet regularly and budget towards goals. I would honestly try looking at some sort of professional management model. Unfortunately, I know that will never happen given that leadership comes from the top and the CEO just doesn't have that capability.

2. "Great people, quality work, low on rules"

Pros

The people and personalities at the company are wonderful. It is a great place to begin an engineering career thanks to one-on-one attention with enough grace period to truly learn the work and process.

Cons

Without growth, it may become difficult to remain at the company while all the while "climbing the ladder." Often accountability lacks due to the laid back nature of the company.