Tec-Masters Reviews | Glassdoor

Tec-Masters Reviews

3.5
Marvin P. Carroll

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "IT Service Delivery Rep"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cotuit, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cotuit, MA

Pros

Fantastic environment to work contracted to AT&T on NMCI Next Generation worlds largest intranet.
    Great Project Team Leads that support you in every way.
    Great Huntsville, AL staff that always goes the extra mile.

Cons

Would be nice to work for them on Cape Cod in Massachusetts in a STEM job.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Good Job!

2. "Not bad."

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Tec-Masters as a contractor

Pros

If you do good work they find work. Current and prior employees on good terms get preference.
    Quick and capable HR.

Cons

Contract work is always a gamble. No room for advancement shy of changing jobs.

Advice to Management

Tec Master's used to be know for excellent employee benefits. Maybe work on bringing some of the older benefits back.

3. "Great working environment, but not enough pay"

I worked at Tec-Masters full-time

Pros

The relationships between colleagues, supervisors, subordinates, and corporate headquarters were very positive. The work/life balance was acceptable, and the opportunities to work individually or as a team were available.

Cons

As most of the employees at my site were retired military, I believe that Tec-Masters bid low on the contract because the retired folk had supplementary income. As such, the salary was 10K less than comparable positions in the same area. There also does not seem to be much expansion, leaving not much opportunity to move up, unless people leave.

Advice to Management

There was acceptable oversight from both managers and corporate level heads. Employees were allowed to complete tasks without constant supervision. Your company seems to really care about the employees.

4. "Senior Cyber Security Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Cyber Security Analyst in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Senior Cyber Security Analyst in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Tec-Masters (More than a year)

Pros

Usual defense contractor, as long as there is DoD work they will be in business.

Cons

The pay is the lowest in the industry. Does not have any contracts, always subbing to other contractors.

Advice to Management

Need to provide feedback to employees and especially need to perform annual performance so that employees could get a since of where they need to make improvements.

5. "Good company"

Former Employee - Logistics Engineer in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Tec-Masters (More than 8 years)

Pros

Relaxed work environment. Most of the management are friendly and supportive.

Cons

I don't have a lot of negative things to say about the company.

6. "Mediocre Company That is Long in the Tooth."

Former Employee - Logistics Engineer in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Tec-Masters (More than 5 years)

Pros

Easy work environment. Ability to work flex hours. Attitude is "As long as the job is done and done on time and correct" they really don't watch the clock as to when you come and go.

I would work here again but, only for better pay.

Cons

Leadership is lacking. Non-confrontational attitude among supervisors, managers, corporate level makes for bad employees to remain on job which in turn creates a toxic atmosphere.

The pay is low level while expecting you to put in top level work, most of the time with little to no training.

7. "IT Project Manager & Health care IT Design."

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Tec-Masters full-time

Pros

34 years exp. In Federal IT Area's

Cons

To much travel over last 6 years

Advice to Management

hire more people

"Just another number"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Tec-Masters as a contractor

Pros

The benefits are good and the repayment of expenses is prompt. The on-boarding process seemed as efficient as can be expected. The wages seemed fairly competitive, though were dictated by the contract.

Cons

We are just numbers at Tec-Masters. With the sequester occurring, we all felt there could be issues with our federal contract and ultimately our future employment. Unfortunately we were assured that all was well with the contract and that there would be no issues; we were funded for a year. Two weeks later we were informed that the project was scoped down and that mobile engineers would no longer be needed.

This is a situation where we could have been advised that there was a fair chance that we could lose our positions weeks earlier. Rather than being set at ease, let us know the real chances or even that you as a company don't know, but least of all give us a false sense of security.

We were given a two weeks notice. If there was genuine concern for the employees, as we have been told so many times before, we could have been given some heads up to better prepare and put out resumes.

Finally if it truly came as a surprise, then the contract managers need to have better communication with the federal client. There is a lack of situational awareness that can affect the overall stability of the contract and ultimately ones employment security.

Advice to Management

I would suggest that you be honest with your employees and not worry if they are going to leave. If you have a good relationship with your contractors, and are up front and honest with them, yes many will have a plan B and sure some will leave, but you will know the ones that stay are the loyal ones. Don't get so calloused that you forget the faces behind the numbers, we know and understand that we can be released with a two week notice, it does not mean that you have no further responsibility to your employees after a notice is served.

I would also suggest having a better line of communication with the federal client. It is unlikely that discussions of this type were made at the zero hour without anyone's knowledge. By strengthening the relationship with the client the layoff may have been minimized and at the very least a longer timeline for reduction established.

9. "Employee-Focused"

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Fort Sill, OK
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Fort Sill, OK

I worked at Tec-Masters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredibly supportive small business. My bosses were focused on the client needs, but checked in with me frequently to see how I was doing and what I might need.

Cons

It's a small company. Is they have a contract, you have a job. When the contract ends, there may not be another project within the company.

"IA Security"

Former Employee - Cyber Security in Woodbridge, VA
    Former Employee - Cyber Security in Woodbridge, VA

I worked at Tec-Masters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not much to say about it

Cons

-Informed the employee will have one certain job but ended up putting in a different position
    -Poor compensation
    -HR and all management not well communication at all and you will never hear back from them until you have bothered them over and over. Only get response from the management after 5+ emails
    -Stay away from this place at all cause
    -While my stay with this company I had several other co workers leave because of the same reason

Advice to Management

Try to make better management team, HR and response time. The HR team has no clue what they are doing; they never email back their employees.