Tech 2000 Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Tech 2000 full-time

Pros

Tech 2000 recruits some of the best and has a very smart, hard-working team. The supportive, collaborative environment provides several opportunities to learn and grow. The fast-paced work environment makes Tech 2000 a fun place to work and accomplish great things.

Cons

Similarly to other organizations, it can be quite disorganized at times. There is a strong emphasis on process which is mostly beneficial but can lead to too many unnecessary meetings to discuss processes. It is essential to maintain consistent communication and transparency, especially in a smaller company.

Advice to Management

Tech 2000 has some of the finest and most brilliant management professionals in the industry. I would continue to create a strong work environment that is fast paced and allows for growth.

"Tech 2000"

Pros

Working at Tech 2000 was an absolute pleasure. The work environment was top notch. The best part about the job was the relationships that the co-workers had. The passion and motivation that all of the employees brought to the table made it feel like you were not at work.

Some Additional Pros:

-Free parking
    -Great cake (when its brought)
    -Absolute great work environment

Cons

The whole time I was here I can honestly say that there has been one con. It tends to get slightly to cold in the summer and to warm in the winter.

Advice to Management

I was here for the transition of the new CEO and everything was going great when I left.

"New CEO, Company in Decline"

Pros

Free Parking, near the metro, cake on birthdays

Cons

Highly disorganized, reactive new management. New owner undermines leadership and uses untrained individuals to carry out critical tasks. CEO talks about firing people publicly and often, and believes that dissent is a healthy attribute in a company, so employees work in "C.Y.A" mode. People hang up on you when you have conversations with them and will send emails in ALL CAPS to yell at you -- and the CEO doesn't do anything about it.
    Do not leave an existing job to join this company.

Advice to Management

Quit undermining leadership and talking bad about your employees to others. Not good for morale. Spend some time on a product road map and work to gather all information prior to making decisions. When you let the poor performers take over control the strong employees leave.

"Staff"

Pros

Location maybe if you live in the area. Most employees do not last 6 months in this place and if they do, it's because they are looking for a better opportunity elsewhere and it's taking longer than they wanted.

Cons

Cons: Work ethics; management; environment; salary; mission...
    I have never worked for such a dysfunctional company. People are hired, fired, laid off, quit on a weekly basis. At this rate, the only employees may be the Churchwells.

Advice to Management

This company is a joke. Stop asking new employees to post on Glassdoor to boost your rating, it's cheesy and absolutely not right. Most new employees have left the company anyway because your lack of management and professionalism.

5. "System Administrator"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Tech 2000 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Just great people. Especially the leaders. We're a small team so there isn't much room for politics or managers vying for power. But there's always a chance someone will try to undermine there way to the top.

Not at Tech 2000. Our leadership team always asks us how we can improve as a company or how they can as individuals. We're all expected to think about why we do things.

Cons

Small teams are, I think intrinsically, less forgiving of those who aren't all in. This causes more awkwardness than strife but if you're looking for cog-in-the-machine type work you might not fit with our mission-driven team.

Advice to Management

Think hard but act quickly. Reward generously when someone excels. Teach often when you think investment is worth it. Remove impediments immediately.

6. "Tech 2000 Inc."

Current Employee - Sales in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Sales in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Tech 2000 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Tech 2000 is an extremely fast paced, and friendly place to work. For what is a relatively small staff, employees are extremely diligent and sharp at what they do. Tech 2000 has an exceptionally good group of people running the company who have fostered what is a family working environment which makes you feel extremely welcome the second you step into the office. I will never forget how good they were to me. I was surprised with a cake on my birthday only after my second day at the office.

Cons

Tech 2000 employees work very well together and have designed a system where when members are absent, the most essential tasks are still seen out. What that means is that workers are all dependent on each other and that means there is a greater level of accountability there than in most companies.

Advice to Management

Management does not micromanage which personally, I had no problems with. This means there is a greater level of trust placed on workers. No one is chasing after you, or making sure that you are completing your tasks, rather, deadlines are expected to be met in order to ensure that projects are executed.

7. "Fantastic organization!"

Current Employee - Recruiting
    Current Employee - Recruiting

Pros

COO is amazing - I love 4D! The culture if fun but you definitely have to be prepared to work hard.

Cons

There's always lots of change and busy days - but it's great if you like that kind of stuff.

8. "This is a great company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Pros

Awesome company to work for. Great vision, great team and excellent customer service. It feels good to work for a company with such high standards that is doing good things.

Cons

They company is growing and very busy. Can be stressful at times.

Advice to Management

Reward your A+ employees. Let them know you appreciate their hard work.

"Current Employee- Team Oriented Environment"

Current Employee - Current Employee
    Current Employee - Current Employee

I have been working at Tech 2000 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great opportunities to learn and grow as a professional.
    -Friendly work environment
    -Very Team Oriented
    -Great Benefits

Cons

Its a small company so projects sometimes have to move pretty quickly. Organization skills are a must.

"Challenging work - great culture"

I have been working at Tech 2000 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tech 2000 has an innovative, entrepreneurial culture and provides significant training to its employees. Its fast paced and the work is challenging. Good culture with ample opportunity for increasing responsibility if you perform and are passionate for your work.

Cons

Its a small company so there's nowhere to hide if you aren't performing. Don't expect to coast here.