Tech Data Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Tech Data CEO and Director Bob Dutkowsky
Bob Dutkowsky

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • great people, great opportunity to grow (in 37 reviews)

• Great work-life balance, non-hostile environment (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Not a very good work life balance in my opinion (in 15 reviews)

• Very low pay compared to other simular jobs that I have done (in 27 reviews)

1. "TD Fun"

Current Employee - Production Associate in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Production Associate in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Tech Data full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its a good work enviroment

Cons

Low Salary for the amount of work that your are responsible for.

Advice to Management

Pay us at least the going average and actually train your employees

2. "Recent Grads Collecting a Paycheck"

Current Employee - Sales in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Tech Data full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Simple work, decent benefits, flexible hours

Cons

Little growth, not competitive on compensation

Advice to Management

Find the budget to keep talented employees

3. "sales"

I worked at Tech Data full-time

Pros

excellent lunch time and breaks

Cons

managers are super stressed out

4. "Not enough pay, work schedule was from 3 am to 330 pm. 6 days a week."

Former Employee - Cross Dock in Fontana, CA
    Former Employee - Cross Dock in Fontana, CA

I worked at Tech Data full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overtime checks and they get you forklift certified but other than that nothing much here. Oh maybe just the people that worked there were cool.

Cons

No outside work life, unprofessional management, no raises. No vacation time. Micromanage everything you do as well as expect you to never miss a day while working 72 hours a week for little pay.

5. "Warehouse"

I have been working at Tech Data full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overtime ,break room, people and the pay ok not great. Very clean warehouse and the maintenance team is awesome! They are probably the best I seen!

Cons

I have been there for 3 days. The training is awful, they just put me to work without training. They then told me to see if I am productive. I really didn't like hearing that. I have a good work history and I have been productive my whole life. Then they say on Friday I will get a production review. I just started! How can I get a review since I just started! I work 2 jobs and they don't care! Unfortunately this job is cutting into my other job where my benefits and better pay are. Because they say you can't leave until the job is finished. You will kill yourself for them! Again I just started working here! Not to mention in the break room people are looking for other jobs! Big red flag! That tells me they can't keep anyone!

Advice to Management

Be understanding

"Too Much Change"

Former Employee - Support Ops in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Support Ops in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Tech Data full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Acquired Avnet Technology Solutions in February 2017

Cons

Jobs moving to Clearwater, FL

Advice to Management

More communication!

"Product manager"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Tech Data full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Introduced to many other professional outlets and a wide variety of fields. Able to meet many partners and influential clientele.

Cons

Employee benefits lack and pay is not comparable with market. Better to work with direct vendor/partner. Human resources also not helpful.

Advice to Management

Loss of talent reoccurring due to poor pay/compensation.

"It's a paycheck..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Tech Data full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- With any large company and enough time spent, you have the opportunity to develop lasting business ties and friendships with people of a similar mindset. It's hit or miss with who you'll be working for and with and there are some standout wonderful people there. I met some of my best friends there, but that is more related to physical location than working environment I would assume.
    - I thoroughly enjoyed my time with TD before the merger, but it's a different company with new a new leader, set of principles, and direction.

Cons

- Office politics run rampant.
    - Lack of standardized training in nearly every department.
    - Lack of direction and feedback will depend entirely on your manager as they operate semi-autonomous fiefdoms of desk clumps.
    - Despite local awards, there is an obvious lack of real inclusion. An overbearing conservative mindset only fosters this as they use anecdotal examples rather than real solid statistics to market this facet.
    - HR is there to look out for the company and often powerless or straight unwilling to make any improvements.
    - Open floor plans do not foster a positive environment especially when the wage gap between even team members is stifling. It's also terrible for concentration in a technical field or when working with large calculations.
    - Lower level people (nearly all the general employees) are often kept entirely in the dark but are expected to react swiftly and with little to no support.
    - Will treat your employment like a gift you cannot repay.
    - High turnover in sales, internal logistics, and at logistic centers (warehouses).
    - Willing to undergo massive remodeling and branding projects while enduring layoffs had an unsurprisingly negative effect on company morale.
    - There is a clear double-standard in terms of daily responsibilities and expectations for what is seen as the "inner-circle" of management and their confidants and the rest of the employees. (The 13 Club was a nickname for the entry level people that felt a clear divide between those making entry level pay for years and those shopping for new Mercedes at their desk loudly.) There's nothing quite like watching bonuses get literally handed out to your team members while you're struggling.
    - Compared to a lot of places around here the pay is standard, but for IT professionals who are often able to work remote at companies, the financial incentive is minimal.
    - Meetings to have meetings about meetings. It's 2017 and anything that can said in a meeting can be done on a WebEx or in email. There are much better ways to build trust between a team than a meets on weekly numbers.
    - Don't expect a cost of living or raise in general without a promotion.

Advice to Management

Stop keeping obvious toxic elements in the workplace because you've found a way to justify their behavior.

"Former Anet employee now Tech Data"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Obetz, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Obetz, OH

I have been working at Tech Data full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

okay place I guess. never hear anything from upstairs on what you're doing

Cons

no information given across the board, never find anything out until last minute. pay below average in the area, leads need let go or trained in properly in speaking to employees, was in complete dark of the buyout till last couple of months, lots of uncertainty in the building, low moral. if you don't want to advance this is the place

Advice to Management

talk to your employees , find out what is going on and DO SOMETHING about it. Don't just placate us

"Associate Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Associate Sales Representative in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Associate Sales Representative in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Tech Data full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Your colleagues make the job tolerable. Free food as vendors are always sponsoring lunch and learns & snack a sells. Free gifts are given from time to time

Cons

Where do I begin... POOR MANAGEMENT, they do not know how to talk to there employees. They(Some) are very condescending and disrespectful and when you do speak your mind or try and stand up for yourself you are shunned.

The managers are clueless and have no idea what they're doing. They have processes that are counterintuitive to your success.

If you are an ASR, you will never get credit for the success of the team. It will always go to the SAR and your hard work will always be overlooked by management. But the moment the team starts to slip in terms of numbers, it is all your fault. Politics plays a huge role in this company. Even if you're a great employee, if they don't like you, you will not get ahead.

Which leads me to my next point, no room for growth.

Advice to Management

Learn to treat employees with respect.

Learn to set realistic goals.

Learn to be leaders instead of just managers