KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,927

972 Comments

Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Former Contractor

Very collegial and supportive work environment

Jul 19, 2022 - Instructional Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Interesting projects (online course development for topics including digital health, tech literacy, agriculture...) -Highly collaborative work environment -Remote work flexible

Cons

-The course editing work can be redundant, though this is mitigated by opportunities to be involved in strategizing around effective content delivery

TechChange Response

We are grateful for your review. Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We really appreciate hearing ways that we can help balance some of the editing work. In addition to involving folks in strategic planning for content delivery, we are looking at potentially leveraging more copyeditors as well. Thank you again for your feedback.

2. 5.0
    Current Contractor

Technical Moderator

Jun 23, 2021 - Technical Moderator
    Business Outlook

Pros

choose your own flexible schedule

Cons

it is very fast paced

3. 5.0
    Current Contractor

Supportive collaborative team!

Apr 21, 2021 - Contractor
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Positive, healthy, and balanced work culture with passionate individuals who are supportive and value working together to meet goals

Cons

There are no cons to report.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee

Wonderful people with a great cause

Nov 8, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had a great time working at Techchange. The people here helped me grow as an Illustrator and most importantly as a person. As an artist, there is a lot of room to experiment with styles and to learn different mediums.

Cons

Deadlines might drag on depending on the clients.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Former Employee

Amazing people, great place to grow and learn

Feb 20, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

TechChange really has everything: great people, fantastic mission, interesting challenges. They give a tremendous amount of responsibility for people who are early on in their career. Leadership is charismatic and make TechChange a genuinely fun place to work. Staff who want to can also travel with some frequency to conferences and international partner offices.

Cons

Compensation is fair but on the lower end, startup environment can be hectic.

6. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Great Company and Great Culture

Mar 25, 2017 - Instructional Design in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Awesome staff - Felt supported and cared for by supervisor and teammates - Salary for undergraduate internship was great - Free food often

Cons

- Work can feel a bit repetitive, but it's important work!

7. 5.0
    Former Employee

Awesome place to gain great experience

Sep 30, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

you will learn a ton, and you're free to explore. Learning is always the main objective. Great office environment and free flowing coffee.

Cons

It's a little less structured than an internship at a bigger company might be but in return you can kind of work on what you want.

Continue reading
  8. 5.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Great Place to work

Jun 8, 2021 - Anonymous Contractor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Team and great culture

Cons

Still growing but lots of potential

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Community-oriented work culture

Jun 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Community-oriented and collaborative culture

Cons

- Understaffed, consistently at or over capacity

TechChange Response

We greatly appreciate your feedback. So happy to hear that you enjoy the community-oriented, collaborative culture here at TechChange. We are committed to keeping work/life balance front and center as we move forward and are excited to continue to grow the TechChange team to support all of the amazing growth we are experiencing as a company. Thank you for your patience with this process. Your hard work and dedication are so appreciated.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good colleagues

May 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team of people; everyone who works here is really talented.

Cons

Fledgling tech companies have growing pains. Benefits could be more generous.

TechChange Response

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are fortunate to have an incredibly talented team here at TechChange. We are grateful for everything they (and you!) contribute to the organization. We recognize that there are challenges that come with growth and appreciate your patience and flexibility. We also plan to continue to review our benefits program to ensure we are providing the best coverage and support possible for all TechChangers. Thanks again for sharing your feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Reviews