TechTurn Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fun place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Fast paced, always changing with business needs. Lots of fun people that seem to know a lot about the computer business.

Cons

Management needs to listen to the employees more. There are lots of ideas that the employees have that could be used to make better company.

Advice to Management

There needs to be a better company culture. Listen to the employees and don't just focus on the amount of computers that each employee can process

2. "Morons"

Former Contractor - Lv I Repair Tech in Ashland, VA
    Former Contractor - Lv I Repair Tech in Ashland, VA

I worked at TechTurn as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Won't mess with your pay.

Cons

Hiring contract company will sweet talk you to joining them, but once you're in, you're crap.

Some supervisors are a joke.

Management are morons and think that they shouldn't give you respect.

You work in a crappy warehouse environment and management works in cozy office.

People that are late or not doing what they're supposed to aren't punished.

If you decide to quit, they'll sweet talk you to stay and within 3 days later, they'll get rid of you.

Advice to Management

Learn how successful companies work.

"Terrible management"

Former Employee - Just Another Number in Ashland, VA
    Former Employee - Just Another Number in Ashland, VA

I worked at TechTurn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay you on time, that's about it.

Cons

The number one problem with this company is leadership. The leadership from top to bottom is completely incompetent, and very under-qualified. You are just a number here, and don't let anything said ever fool you. You're required to wait for a whistle to go to lunch, you're required to work non-stop without a seconds break. All of this with the added bonus of no AC during the summer months. There is no communication from the top down, and leadership looks down on every employee, not even looking at them as they walk by. I actually said hello to the HR rep once, and she gave me probably the dirtiest look I'll ever receive in my life, like I didn't have the right to be saying words to her. While I was still there they even told an employee who had put his two week notice in to leave halfway through the aforementioned notice. You can't even quit the right way without being thrown out the door like trash.

Overall a terrible company to work for, I personally worked in the Ashland warehouse, but I can't imagine the Austin one being any better. Hopefully the buy out from Arrow Electronics will push old leadership out of the way and put new people in charge because the leadership here is absolutely laughable.

Advice to Management

The people doing the work are the ones that know how to do the work. Communicate with your employees, and give them freedoms and production will sky rocket. You have intelligent people here, and it's a shame you look down at them in such a way, because this company could flourish if it cared about its employees. Essentially, get off your high horse, you look like fools, and are fools.

"They use you, then lose you"

Former Employee - QC Specialist in Ashland, VA
    Former Employee - QC Specialist in Ashland, VA

Pros

They pay you on time, they give you 3 breaks a day, and they will let you work plenty of overtime if you need it.

Cons

You work in an NON Air-Conditioned warehouse, where it gets to be at about 100+ degrees inside for many consecutive days. Lots of ignorant people and lots of incompetence going on between you and your "leads". I was there for about a year and the Senior Management said not one word to me the whole time I was employed there, even though we walked past each other numerous times a day. You are just a number here. They hire people for a couple of months and then they Lay them off. They can't keep people here, that is why they always have ads out for employment.