Technical Connections Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Scott MacKinnon
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Working with Technical Connection was a great deal"

Former Contractor - Senior Software Engineer in Irvine, CA
    Former Contractor - Senior Software Engineer in Irvine, CA

I worked at Technical Connections as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your help and guidance from the beginning up to this end of my contract.
    It’s really a great deal working with Technical Connections which help bring up my career to another level.

Thank you again for believing me in the beginning and hope to keep in touch with you guys.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good job.

2. "Don't do it!"

Pros

The only pro is flexible hours, but the policy is abused so much that it's actually more a con (see below).

Cons

A culture that discourages hard work and rewards excuses. The management is barely in the office, often coming in at noon or later and then leaving before 5. This attitude trickles down to the recruiters and sales teams resulting in general laziness and a complete lack of ability to compete with other firms who hold their staff to higher standards. The flexible hours are nice in theory but are not working in an industry that is completely flooded with competition.

Advice to Management

Lead by example

Technical Connections Response

Jul 3, 2017 – CEO

I'm sorry your time here at Technical Connections wasn't as rewarding as it can be for some. We will take your criticism to heart and see how we can continue to evolve in a positive manner.

"Account Manager experience"

I have been working at Technical Connections full-time

Pros

TCI has been in Los Angeles for over 33 years, and they have established a great network of both clients and candidates. Our work environment is very collaborative and friendly, and we provide the opportunity to work in sales, recruitment or to run a full desk!

Cons

TCI headquarters is far from my home, so I'm not able to be in the office interacting with the team as much as I would like.

4. "Good people, good place"

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

Pros

Not a typical agency. They combine the appeal of a boutique agency, with enough people to make a dent in a client's requirements.

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind as a con. I got a great foundation of how to recruit while being professional, and only have positive input.

Advice to Management

Keep letting people who perform write their own ticket. The freedom I had, given my proven worth, had a lot to do with me staying so long.

5. "Very Supportive Staff"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

They were able to get me a position at a great company relatively quickly. My recruiter was particularly good about following up after each phase of the process. The rest of the staff I met at their office seemed friendly.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any cons; they were a pleasure to work with.

6. "Hardworking and supportive"

Current Contractor - Data Conversion Specialist in Burbank, CA
    Current Contractor - Data Conversion Specialist in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Technical Connections as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Its great to have a contracting company that looks out for its contractors. They are great about checking in and keeping informed of status and ensuring the job fits the contractor.

Cons

No Cons, I'm very pleased with TCI

Advice to Management

Continue supporting your employees and contractors.

7. "Caring and Diligent but Pay is On the Low End"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Technical Connections as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

As recruiters go, Technical Connections are one of the nicer firms I have worked with. Their staff is genuine and a pleasure to work with and they are very competent. They are also good about searing through their listings and contacting candidates when an appropriate opening comes up - something all too rare in this industry. The HR staff is also helpful, pleasant and well informed.

Cons

As a contractor you aren't interacting with the TCI staff on a regular basis and they are mostly a conduit for pay and benefits. Their pay rate is lower than other companies placing for the exact same position and their benefits are limited, though that is relatively standard for contractors.

Advice to Management

Consider paying your contractors a more competitive rate.