Technicolor Reviews | Glassdoor

Technicolor Reviews

Updated September 22, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good work environment, good salary (in 34 reviews)

• work/life balance, good relationship with colleagues, (in 13 reviews)

1. "Supervisor"

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Memphis, TN

I worked at Technicolor (More than 10 years)

Pros

Production line made daily production goals

Cons

Down size dvd sells on a decline

Advice to Management

Training and coaching is definitely a must show appreciation and awards build moral.

2. "No much growth"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Burbank, CA

I worked at Technicolor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not as per the current industry standards. so, has nothing to say

Cons

everything
    Will be a huge list.

Advice to Management

Look closely to what is going on arround you and start fixing the mistakes or it will be a brain drain.

"Run away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

I worked at Technicolor full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Heath Benefits/Co Workers/ That's it.

Cons

Very bad management. Overpaid Six Sigma blowhards who have no clue what their staff does. If you like working with misogynists then work at Technicolor Camarillo. Employees are overworked and underappreciated. People are quitting in waves and hundreds have recently been laid off. They consistently push the good people out. The working environment is like a mausoleum. Quiet and gloomy. It is really sad. If they just had the right management, they could survive. Most people are looking for jobs as they don't know how long the place will last.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring high priced, ego maniac directors. You could get three well experiences managers for the price of one current director.

4. "Production supervisor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Technicolor (More than a year)

Pros

Fast pace building, good people

Cons

Bad process, and bad rules

Advice to Management

Change the rules

"Champions of labor Exploitation"

I worked at Technicolor full-time

Pros

Teaches you how to be creative in cost cutting, outsourcing to slave labor abroad.

Cons

Their insistence on near slave labor at MPC should be criminal.

Advice to Management

You should all go to jail for what you are doing at MPC visual effects. Crooks.

"Do not work here. Trust me, you will regret it."

Former Employee - Administrative in Camarillo, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative in Camarillo, CA

I worked at Technicolor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay can be above average.
    Some name recognition, which can help you build your personal brand. It was a paycheck and the health benefits we decent. Time off was good. Liked the two weeks vacation.

Cons

No work life balance. Management is cutthroat. The culture is toxic. No one wants to work at Technicolor. People are mean. No one spoke to each other and my own boss would go on vacation and would never tell me. If I never went by to say hello I wouldn't talk to her in weeks. The worse place I have ever worked. HR is pathetic. The head of the division is an evil troll. This is a French company. I will never work for a French company again. In Paris they make heartless business decisions.

Advice to Management

Realize your employees are your most valuable asset. Don't treat them as disposable.

"Basically a paycheck and not even a good one."

Former Employee - Picker/Packer in Madison, AL
    Former Employee - Picker/Packer in Madison, AL

I worked at Technicolor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to get hired, overall nice management

Cons

You are basically a number and that's it. It seemed to be that white and African American employee's at technicolor were the minority, if you were Spanish you could basically do as you please and there were no consequences. No long term advances. Nothing to look forward to. No benefits.

Advice to Management

This place is so unorganized! Treat all employees the SAME! Give your employees something to look forward to in the future and the turn over may not be so bad.

8. "Great experience"

I worked at Technicolor part-time

Pros

Value your skills, flexible schedule

Cons

Tedious work, may not be for everyone

"WAS a great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Technicolor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We have some of the smartest people working here and a lot of very dedicated people.

Cons

older work force, few younger people being hired. Constantly reducing the work force, and upper middle management is just shuffled around

Advice to Management

Communicate your intentions of where things are going, what the next steps are on how you are going to get there. no communication is almost always viewed in a negative way

"Slightly disappointed Ontario FSSC employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Technicolor full-time

Pros

Amazing people to work with on a daily basis. The bright spot in what might be a dull and dreary day.

Cons

Corporate made an impacting decision to close the FSSC in Ontario, California and move the finance operations to Guadalajara. WOW! Talk about having the wind knocked out of you and the rug pulled out from under you. To say it's extremely disappointing is putting it mildly. After the news is given, management expects people to hurry up and get over their emotions regarding the news, grow up and be professional about it. Yes, it is what it is but it's still like a grieving process. Process...not overnight. No, we will not be acting like we are in kindergarten but at least have the common decency to give people some time. When you spend as much time at work like Technicolor employees do, you become a family. Now you're told there's a big divorce coming or a death and here's the date. Time...process...patience. Nice of them to provide a severance and bonus reward for staying until the expected target date. However when you hear through the grapevine that employees that have been at this location for one year or less are getting pretty close to what employees are getting that have been here over 5 years - it's like another rug being pulled. Hurtful. Disappointment. Really makes you feel that ALL the hard work you out in over the years wasn't as appreciated as you thought...it's a painful wake up call.

Advice to Management

Me CEO: don't send a company wide email talking about the successful integration of Cisco Connected Home when you know that an integral part of that success was just laid off. Also, don't close out your email saying you're looking forward to continuing our work together to make 2017 another productive year when Ontario FSSC is closing in a few short months. Be considerate and think about who receives the email and how they will feel when they read this. Upper management, if you truly appreciate your people, show them that you do. Be truthful and honest about how much you really appreciate them. Don't dangle a gift box in front of someone and then when they open it it's only a partial gift. It's still a nice gesture and people are truly grateful for it. But don't act like the amount is based on position AND tenure. Otherwise it looks like you are just thinking of us as numbers on a budget report instead of looking at the individual, their tenure and their performance as an employee.