Technicolor Reviews | Glassdoor

Technicolor Reviews

Updated December 6, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good work environment, good salary (in 37 reviews)

• Support for work life balance as long as you take care of your task (in 14 reviews)

Cons

"WAS a great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Technicolor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We have some of the smartest people working here and a lot of very dedicated people.

Cons

older work force, few younger people being hired. Constantly reducing the work force, and upper middle management is just shuffled around

Advice to Management

Communicate your intentions of where things are going, what the next steps are on how you are going to get there. no communication is almost always viewed in a negative way

"Slightly disappointed Ontario FSSC employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Technicolor full-time

Pros

Amazing people to work with on a daily basis. The bright spot in what might be a dull and dreary day.

Cons

Corporate made an impacting decision to close the FSSC in Ontario, California and move the finance operations to Guadalajara. WOW! Talk about having the wind knocked out of you and the rug pulled out from under you. To say it's extremely disappointing is putting it mildly. After the news is given, management expects people to hurry up and get over their emotions regarding the news, grow up and be professional about it. Yes, it is what it is but it's still like a grieving process. Process...not overnight. No, we will not be acting like we are in kindergarten but at least have the common decency to give people some time. When you spend as much time at work like Technicolor employees do, you become a family. Now you're told there's a big divorce coming or a death and here's the date. Time...process...patience. Nice of them to provide a severance and bonus reward for staying until the expected target date. However when you hear through the grapevine that employees that have been at this location for one year or less are getting pretty close to what employees are getting that have been here over 5 years - it's like another rug being pulled. Hurtful. Disappointment. Really makes you feel that ALL the hard work you out in over the years wasn't as appreciated as you thought...it's a painful wake up call.

Advice to Management

Me CEO: don't send a company wide email talking about the successful integration of Cisco Connected Home when you know that an integral part of that success was just laid off. Also, don't close out your email saying you're looking forward to continuing our work together to make 2017 another productive year when Ontario FSSC is closing in a few short months. Be considerate and think about who receives the email and how they will feel when they read this. Upper management, if you truly appreciate your people, show them that you do. Be truthful and honest about how much you really appreciate them. Don't dangle a gift box in front of someone and then when they open it it's only a partial gift. It's still a nice gesture and people are truly grateful for it. But don't act like the amount is based on position AND tenure. Otherwise it looks like you are just thinking of us as numbers on a budget report instead of looking at the individual, their tenure and their performance as an employee.

3. "Love my job"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Livonia, MI

I worked at Technicolor full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Leadship was awesome. The company taught us how to be a leader and help each other.

Cons

Things always change from day to day.

4. "Review for Technicolor"

Former Employee - Engineer in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Engineer in Memphis, TN

I worked at Technicolor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people to work with in all areas.

Cons

Shrinking business and reductions in work force on going.

Advice to Management

None

"Not recommended"

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Technicolor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefit is not bad comparing to same type of companies.

Cons

It is not professional high tech company. Political games are everywhere. It is an old school. They don't care about technology or development. It is pure management oriented company.

"Happy to no longer be employed there"

Pros

Flexibility - My own office - pizza in the cafeteria

Cons

Not enough space to go through the cons, unfortunately

Advice to Management

Quit hiring retirees that come in and ruin the company

7. "The best company to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

I worked at Technicolor full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I wish that company never close in Michigan

Cons

Nice coworker .Good managment.Good Comunication with temporary coworkers.

"Abandon ship!"

I worked at Technicolor full-time

Pros

Nice people. Decent pay, but negotiate high when you join because no raises after that. Ever.

Cons

Here is a company where senior management frequently does not show up to work but expects staff and lower level management to work a lot of overtime, including weekends. The office space is overcrowded and possibly a fire hazard in some cases. Entire business units are shut down with little warning. Not a stable or happy work environment.

Advice to Management

I guarantee that the simple act of making the office space less crowded and more livable would go a long way to improving morale. If people are miserable and treated like cattle, it's hard to get invested in making Technicolor succeed. You're competing with other employers, why make it easy for them to steal your talent?

9. "Sr. Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Manager Operations Plannnig & Account Services in Livonia, MI

I worked at Technicolor full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Diversity, multiple locations, opportunity, learning movie studio operations

Cons

Downsizing, moving operations and Account Services to Memphis, TN and Mexico

Advice to Management

Research the company; Turnover; growth, customer base/history

10. "okay"

I have been working at Technicolor full-time

Pros

the job is very easy

Cons

when the work gets slow, they send you home