Technipower Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jeff McCoy

Pros
  • There are a few good people that are mostly gone by now (in 5 reviews)

• Its a good place to learn how to do old school style recruiting and its fundamentals (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • They will try to sell you on the idea that they have the best commission structure around which is simply untrue (in 8 reviews)

• The base pay is on the lower side, yes, however, I cannot stress enough that if you JUST DO THE JOB, you will never live off of your base pay (in 7 reviews)

1. "Excellent position if you embrace heavy outbound calling / relation building"

Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Technipower full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working across wide range of industries with professional hiring managers, building win-win relationships with clients and engineering job seekers. Lucrative commission opportunities; exciting work environment.

Cons

Pipelines can take time to build; not a lot of servicing of inbound business

Advice to Management

Increase/Diversify new marketing drives to supplement all the calls

"Operating Management... WAKE UP"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Roswell, GA

I worked at Technipower full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Learn well about the industry and leave ready for great pay, culture and respect at the next company

Cons

Technipower= A poorly operating vehicle on a new highway with a delusional driver

Advice to Management

Value your employees. We have all left to compete against you on the same platform with higher pay and better benefits. There is no stopping that train...but you could. Like you told us, "YOU COULD TURN THIS THING AROUND TOMORROW". You really can.

"Stay away"

Former Employee - Sales in Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Sales in Roswell, GA

I worked at Technipower full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Operations Manager is the only one who cares about you or the company but his hand are tied on making it better.
    Sales Manager for the company tries so hard to keep employees positive. .but her hands are tied too.

Cons

Base pay is $26,000...
    Management talks about you behind your back
    Do not trust anyone there
    Too many clicks..if not friends with management you will go no where with company
    Over 20 people have quit since new year.
    Training is horrible...the trainer has no clue what she is doing.

Advice to Management

Get new management
    The President/ owner needs to care about the company. .and his employees
    Could careless that the turnover is so high

4. "TechniPower"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Roswell, GA

I worked at Technipower (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, great people, great way to get your feet wet in the staffing industry

Cons

low base, could use more structure

Advice to Management

Don't promote for social status

"McDonalds is a better option"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Roswell, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Roswell, GA

I have been working at Technipower full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can always count on the management....to make fake glassdoor posts, monitor social media, waste time with pointless meeting, and hire people as fast as they quit. Owner is stuck in the past which gives the office a cool 80's office feel- complete with 80s pay, methods, and technology. This is a GREAT PLACE to apply if you have no good experience or anything that would stop you from being hired elsewhere.

Cons

Pay is garbage (and before the standard manager response below-- industry average for sales and recruiting is around 45k plus commision. Not 500 a week with terrible benefits which you might be charged for twice) Culture is terrible. Change is a cardinal sin and fireable offense. This is what the world calls a sinking ship, so if you wonder what drowning feels like climb aboard.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. That way you can go out of business and end the blight on the industry.

Dec 7, 2016 – Director or Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. We wish you well in all your future endeavors.

"Stay away unless you absolutely need a job"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Technipower full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people you work alongside with.

Cons

Everything here is a joke. The only people who say positive things are people who have never worked anywhere else and know any better. There will most likely be some company response to this that is written be one of the "kool-aid drinking" group. All the people with real talent left awhile ago.

Their entire mantra is to rip clients off 1-2 times with industry high markups, rather than actually build relationships with clients.

Now working on the other side of the fence (internal recruiter), I would never sign this company up as a vendor to use.

Advice to Management

Sell to someone who cares, shows up, and gives more advice than "pick up the phone". The owner has never had a job outside this company and is stuck in "old school" mentality.

"Sinking Ship"

Former Employee - Account Executive/Internal Recruiter in Canton, GA
    Former Employee - Account Executive/Internal Recruiter in Canton, GA

I worked at Technipower full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The minimal paycheck ($500/week).

Cons

The upper management doesn't communicate down at all. The company is going under so they are letting hoards of people go at once. Absolutely ridiculous call goals to make each day. Little territories to work within. No feedback on work done, so you better hope you are doing well or sucking up to management and on their good side, because your job could be at stake and they will smile at you and tell you you're doing a fantastic job and to keep it up. They tend to let people go right before they are eligible for benefits. They are all about closing deals, so unless you close a deal before your 3 months probationary period is up, you're screwed. Don't try to have a family and work this job, because they don't care if your child is sick or you don't have someone to watch your kid. No reviews to better yourself or guidance from anyone. The culture is that of any sales environment, so watch out for yourself.

Advice to Management

Actually communicate to your employees. Give honest feedback or at least quarterly reviews so people can improve. Up the base pay because we all know $2,000 a month is a joke. Get rid of Jeff. He's never there anyways and doesn't know half the employees' names.

Nov 9, 2016 – Director or Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. TechniPower offers a traditional inside sales opportunity. We give all of our employees the tools & training necessary to be successful in our industry. At the end ... More

"Good Place to learn - then move on"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Roswell, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Roswell, GA

I have been working at Technipower full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training is ok. Great to learn about making the sales call and doing it. That's all.

Cons

A lot of favoritism to management. If you are new, don't look for your jobs to be filled. Recruiters will not work on them.!!! People that have been there a while are snobby. A lot of clicks. Don't look to make more than 27K a year for 1st year. A lot of turnover. HR does nothing!!! Why have one.???

Advice to Management

Be Fair to everyone. Work every job. Not just the ones for management. No one likes it here. Move on.

Sep 26, 2016 – Director or Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. We do our very best to train & manage our sales staff to make the correct reads when a client engages us to assist in their hiring. One of the most challenging ... More

"Account Executive"

I have been working at Technipower full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a growing company so you have a lot of chances to move up and create what you want to do for a career. The people are awesome. The environment is fun because the people who work here really make it that way. There are a lot of changes since I've been here, but they seem to be for the better. Recently they switched everyone to pro plan commissions so that is awesome and a relief. I can also see a future where I had difficulty before. So far I like the changes. The Director of Operations is also one of the best people you will ever meet, and the director of sales really cares about the people and the company so that's refreshing.

Cons

The salary is low. There are some people who are great and other who are negative and will find every reason not to work and bring others down with them. That is the thing I dislike the most. Why can't you just be happy when other people do well? Why can't you just work?

Advice to Management

Consider paying a higher base- although the commission is really good right now. Maybe add some cool incentives like if you hit a certain amount you get a laptop or something like that.

"Exceptional Company!"

I have been working at Technipower full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great place to work. I have never worked at a company that is so family oriented and actually cares about you at the office and outside of the office. There are so many different opportunities to grow and flourish within the company as well. As long as you are willing to pick up the phone and do the work you will be successful. Management is there to help, but do not sit over your shoulder to make sure you do your job. If you are a self-motivated individual you have the opportunity to make as much money as you want. You are given all the tools to be successful and you are trained to eventually move into a management role.

Cons

Base is low, but you have a chance to make whatever you want with the uncapped commision structure.

Advice to Management

Continue the training sessions. They are very helpful!