Technisource Technical Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

Technisource President of Randstad Technologies Robert M. Dickey
Robert M. Dickey
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Generally good but the company went through three M&A's while I was there"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Technisource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good physical working conditions, Good clients, Good recruiting tools

Cons

Way too much emphasis on metrics. Poor branch managements

Advice to Management

Find managers that know the the following: industry, the local marketplace and how to sell

2. "Fired after 19.5 years, 51 years old"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Technisource full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent insurance coverage, however i was never sick, never filed 1 claim in 19.5 years.

Cons

Sales staff could not bring in high enough billing rates to allow recruiters to make their quota.

Advice to Management

Hire real sales people who look for high margin business, not low hangjng fruit.

"Horrible place to work.- Bloomington, IL office"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Bloomington, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Bloomington, IL

I worked at Technisource full-time

Pros

Pay was good. Good Medical insurance at OSF.

Cons

Micro-management. High Stress environment. Felt like high school most of the time. Branch Manager is terrible. He turns his employees against each other.

Advice to Management

Get that clown of a Branch Manager out of the Bloomington office.

"Only pay attention to bottom line"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Technisource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working for a large company, multiple clients, and many jobs to work.

Cons

The company signs large contracts with no fee on 90 day contract to hire positions, so when you place good people, the come off quickly as they are made permanent.

Accounting determines performance - I worked and placed many 3 month contract to hire consultants who would then go permanent after 90 days, so my attrition was heavy, which was regarded as a negative mark against me even though the clients loved the people I was placing there.

Commission structure is terrible - it seems great when you see the plan until you find out that the Gross Margin they calculate is split in half between the recruiter and salesperson (which they don't reveal in the interviews).

Advice to Management

If you are going to sign a bunch of 90 day contract to hire contracts, don't count it against your recruiters when their consultants go permanent.

5. "Technical Recruiter"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The training program, R101, was great. Salary was decent. The health benefits were great as well at the time I was too young to appreciate them.

Cons

Some senior management were not very competent. Very little opportunity for commission in my office. I could only recruit for one client and there was no opportunity to make big commissions on permanent placements.

Advice to Management

Bring back the R101 program if you have not done that already. Increase commission for recruiters working with contract only clients so they have the same chance at money that recruiters in regular offices do.

"Technisource is a good company with very bad management"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

Pros

The people in the office are amazing to work with and are so helpful. They are also willing to promote within if you exceed far beyond expectations. The upper management is wonderful at Technisource, they are very responsive and encouraging and want to be involved to help when needed.

Cons

The managers in my office are extremely hard to work for, they are very harsh when your numbers are low, and very nice when they are good. They are not willing to work with people in ways to improve performance they would rather fire you and find another person to train; even if your numbers are low for reasons beyond your control like orders closing, or having ridiculous job orders that are impossible to fill. They are not impartial at all, it is clear who they like and who they don't because if they like you then you will receive easy orders to work on and you will get credit for hires that aren't yours, if they don't like you then you get impossible orders to fill that go no where and they have a nasty and condescending attitude towards you. They get very agitated if you are sick or your child is sick and tell you that you can't take the day off that you have to work from home.

Advice to Management

I would say you need to better screen your managers and pay attention to the number of employees in any location that are being fired or quitting. If the turnover rate is high I would look at who's in charge and find out where the disconnect is.