Techtronic Industries North America Reviews | Glassdoor

Techtronic Industries North America Reviews

Updated August 12, 2018

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Techtronic Industries North America CEO Joseph Galli Jr.
Joseph Galli Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Company vehicle (use on personal and business time)" (in 36 reviews)

• "The company vehicle, gas card, great benefits and team culture are just a few of the amazing perks this company can offer" (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • "Someones having to conform to specific accounts especially The Home Depot" (in 104 reviews)

• "You feel like/are a glorified Home Depot employee most days" (in 24 reviews)

1. "Field Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Territory Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at Techtronic Industries North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company offers a great opportunity to grow professionally and provides upward mobility that is rarely seen in entry level positions. The flexibility offered when working, there is no micromanaging going on and you are allowed a lot of autonomy in your day to day. The benefit package is good including 401K matching, medical, and company truck.

Cons

You must be willing to relocate, to increase your upward opportunities within the company. There is a good amount of competition for positions.

Advice to Management

Allow more flexibility with scheduling of field sales representatives.

2. "Manager"

I have been working at Techtronic Industries North America full-time

Pros

Team Environment, Motivated, Passionate! Incredible room for growth through different paths.

Cons

The more willing you are to relocate, the faster you will be able to grow. If you won't relocate it will be a lot tough.

Advice to Management

Keep the training and development of all employees going. It is great when we all get together and keep learning new things!

3. "Couldn't work for a better company"

Pros

Fast growing company. Great career advancement with tons of job options. Company vehicle

Cons

No office for the first role (Or most of the following sales roles)
    There are a lot of times where you don't work with a coworker for over a month. In the first role, you work in different Home Depots every day, which sometimes involves a lot of merchandising resets.

4. "Field Sales and Marketing Representative (LDP)"

I have been working at Techtronic Industries North America full-time

Pros

TTi is honestly a very great company to work for. The perks and benefits are some of the best I've ever seen on the market. You get a company truck with gas, insurance, and any maintenance all paid by TTi. In addition, you get a company iPhone all paid for by TTi as well.

Work-life balance is also rated A+. You will only work 40 hours per week (usually 7:00 am-3:30 pm with a 30 min lunch).

As far as work goes, it is important to know that as part of the Leadership Development Program, you will start out working in Home Depot. You'll be expected to complete different objectives and work side by side with associates to promote all of TTi's products.

I know working in Home Depot doesn't sound very appealing, but I can tell you first hand that this role is what you make it to be. If you want to have fun and play music in the aisles on a Milwaukee, Ridgid or Ryobi speaker and show off our different tools, then you can do that! Don't worry if you don't know much about power tools. There is a whole team dedicated to training Field Sales Reps, and they will actually fly you to Wisconsin a couple of months after your start date to teach you all about the different tools.

In the end, as long as you're not doing anything just morally and ethically wrong, the sky is the limit with how you can approach this first role.

Cons

In my personal experience, I do not have any cons. As mentioned above, if you come into the role with the right mindset, knowing that this is just preparing you for what's to come next, then you will not find any cons in this first position.

5. "Building a Career"

Current Employee - Field Sales and Marketing Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Field Sales and Marketing Representative in Tampa, FL

Pros

TTI is a company where I hope to remain my entire career. The upward mobility is endless, and all divisions of TTI are growing and expanding. We are a people first company, with a focus on our customers, our professional growth, and our results. If you put in the work, the results and recognition will follow. Beyond the field role, which focuses on sales & marketing, there are opportunities to go into operations, management, product development, marketing, & sales roles. This is a great job for recent college grads who are looking to grow their career and be continuously challenged.

Cons

Many will not consider this a con, but, willingness to relocate is very important (you will be compensated!)

Advice to Management

Continue having a people first mindset.

6. "Phenomenal opportunity"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Techtronic Industries North America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great salary, awesome benefits, room for quick upward mobility really a great way to start your career out of college!

Cons

None that come to mind

7. "Great company"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Techtronic Industries North America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing benefits, fair salary, company paid vehicle while in the field, opportunity for promotions quicker than most other companies.

Cons

Very competitive company and a lot of qualified employees looking for promotions.

8. "Fast Growing, Employee Minded,"

I have been working at Techtronic Industries North America full-time

Pros

- Awesome Company Culture
    - Great Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental 401K, Company Truck and Phone)
    - Growing Fast
    - Amazing Brands
    - Vertical AND Horizontal Mobility Within the Company

Cons

First roll can become tedious for some but staying on board pays off.

9. "Great Company"

I have been working at Techtronic Industries North America full-time

Pros

Great leadership development program that leads to unbelievable career opportunity. The culture is amazing, everyone here is so helpful and understanding.

Cons

Its a very competitive company

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and providing opportunity!

10. "Territory Manager"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Incredible company culture! Promotes individual growth and helps you build your skills to get to the next level. Great team atmosphere with everybody helping out to make you your best.

Cons

Being open to relocation helps with your career, being stuck in one location isn't a problem but may hinder promotion ability.