Techtronic Industries North America Reviews | Glassdoor

Techtronic Industries North America Reviews

Updated May 2, 2018

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Techtronic Industries North America CEO Joseph Galli Jr.
Joseph Galli Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Company vehicle (use on personal and business time) (in 35 reviews)

• The company vehicle, gas card, great benefits and team culture are just a few of the amazing perks this company can offer (in 32 reviews)

Cons

"Field Sales and Marketing Representative"

I have been working at Techtronic Industries North America full-time

Pros

This company has a lot of outgoing, hard working individuals. They have training throughout your time with them to continue to help you grow. The first role did not seem so great, but once I understood the impact that I was making in the store, I enjoyed what I was doing everyday. This is not a job where you sit in an office, so the day always goes by quickly. The company gives you a Ford F-150, an IPhone, and has good benefits. There is a lot of growth within the company, and they always hire within!

Cons

Some people can feel impatient if they do not get a promotion right away, and if you're not willing to relocate you may need to wait longer for a promotion.

"Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Territory Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at Techtronic Industries North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You'd be hard pressed to find a company that invests more in training it's employees and pushing them out of their comfort zone to be successful. The first role isn't an easy one - working in The Home Depot can be tough. If you go in there with a positive attitude, utilize all the resources TTi gives you and work your tail off, you will get noticed and good things will happen for you down the road. The company vehicle, gas card, great benefits and team culture are just a few of the amazing perks this company can offer.

Cons

In your first role, you will be sent lots of boxes containing promotional signage, metal fixtures to display tools, and customer giveaways. At times it can seem like a lot, but if you are organized it is manageable.

Working in THD is challenging sometimes, but not impossible by any means. You are not an associate, you are a business partner on the front lines of TTi.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your employees, and promoting people before they are completely ready. It goes a long way, creating loyalty, pushing people out of their comfort zones and developing them as individuals and professionals.

"Great Company Exponential Career Opportunity"

I have been working at Techtronic Industries North America full-time

Pros

I have worked for TTI for almost 4 years now. I started right out of college in a very aggressive and high volume Home Depot store in Brooklyn, NY. At times it was tough, but all my hard work paid off and landed me a promotion only 12 months later.

You get a company issued F-150, company I-phone, and tons of tools to present and use. The pay is pretty competitive right out of college but honestly the career advancement potential is what really sold me on TTI. To be a manager running mutli-million dollar territories, or on the marketing team working on a massive advertising campaign, or on the product development team working on innovative solutions for our end users, all at the age of 23, is mind-blowing. No other company is going to give you that much responsibility at such an early age. You cannot put a price on the value that this experience gives to you. Is the job easy? Not everyday. But if you put in the work it will only pay dividends to you later down the road.

Cons

Some cons would be:
    - Working with The Home Depot can be difficult sometimes and even frustrating.
    - Relocation is sometimes (not always) necessary to be promoted quickly (could be a pro depending on how you look at it)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! The management I have been under has been excellent. Each manager I have had has always thought about what I wanted to do next and made sure that they were working with me to get me to that level.

4. "Incredible company - incredible opportunity"

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Field Sales Representative in Seattle, WA

Pros

Good hours, excellent benefits, great upward mobility, world class training

Cons

Not always local opportunities for growth, can’t be afraid of hard work.

Advice to Management

More frequent communication about promotion opportunities

5. "Awesome Company!"

I have been working at Techtronic Industries North America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company invests a lot into your development from the ground level. They continue to invest back into their employees with constant training. They offer a great starting salary as well as a vehicle. Great atmosphere for those who are competitive and want to learn all aspects of a business.

Cons

If you want to move up, depending on the position you want to go for, you may have to move if you want to move up fast.

6. "Growth, Opportunity, and Powerful Brands!"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Techtronic Industries North America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Rapid growth through innovative and exciting products
     -(I have been promoted 5 times in 5 years with TTI)
    -Recognized for your hard work and dedication
    -You can pave your career path in a multitude of opportunities
    -TTI invests in people and expansion (building an entirely new Headquarters in South Carolina, and expanding Milwaukee Tool Headquarters in Milwaukee)

Cons

-The fast paced, fast growing nature of the business and the amount of new products launching have led to initial growing pains and challenges
    -The entry level sales role in the field is a challenging and different position that may not be for everyone, however you will learn a lot and will be given opportunities to advance if willing
    - The first job can be anywhere in the country, however Relocation is a huge determining factor in career advancement

Advice to Management

-Address missed business opportunities in inventory management
    -At times it seems like everything is a priority and direction is constantly shifting, I know we have to partner with Home Depot and meet their demands, however priorities can be more concise

7. "Great Opportunities"

Former Employee - Territory Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Techtronic Industries North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TTi has a lot of great opportunities and help develop those with a hand work ethic into the career field that you want. The Leadership Development Program allows those that are in it to get promoted vertically and laterally.

I have seen a lot of people from all colleges get opportunities into Management, Sales, Marketing, and Product Management roles.

They provide you with a decent salary and company vehicle along with a gas card that you can use for work and personal use.

The training that they invest in each individual is heavy and you learn a lot of skills that you can use in your career in whichever field you choose.

They give you a good amount of vacation time and have a decent amount of holiday pay as well.

If you put in hard work and work with your team and management to grow the business you can do very well.

You are given a lot of freedom to be creative in adding value to your account that you manage.

Cons

A lot of people get impatient and discouraged when they don't get promoted in the time that they want to be.

My advice is to put your nose to the grindstone, work with your team and manager to help develop the skills you may be lacking in order to move forward.

The Leadership Development Program is great for those that work hard, have good time management, and have good interpersonal skills.

Advice to Management

Give sales reps side projects that help build their portfolio more and come up with ways to help retain our top talent

"Lack of Transparency All Around"

Former Employee - Msr
    Former Employee - Msr

I worked at Techtronic Industries North America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay
    Good medical benefits
    Paid work truck/gas card
    Expense paid quarterly meetings or training at Milwaukee Headquarters
    Cool giveaways

Cons

The main issue is there’s a big lack of transparency. When asked direct questions,there is no direct answer. I also came to find out that any other competing representative for Dewalt or Mikita make the same but also have more bonus opportunities.

There is a “good ol boy” culture there. LOTS of drinking at TTI functions which I found to be completely unprofessional. There’s a lot of hypocrisy in terms of how you conduct yourselves at these functions as well. Our territory manager sat us down a week before talking about how you shouldn’t really drink at these things as it looks bad to higher ups. Flash forward and that same territory manager is blacked out in front of all management and nobody cares.

There is a fun 101 or 102 training course where they fly you out to Milwaukee headquarters to train. One thing I can say is,being that my flight was delayed and rebooked I didn’t arrive until 3am...training was at 6am that day so i along with others were feeling it. I’d suggest leaving a 24 hour window prior to the first day so any of these issues could be fixed because nobody accommodated it.

My biggest issue was noticing I never really got paid for the egregious overtime I put in during travel or resets, on top of that there is no real direction. You are assumed to know what you are doing and if you make a mistake,you hear about it from every angle. I’d suggest relaxing and understand literally nobody but TTI cares about what signage is up in time or if something is measure precisely. Home Depot doesn’t care about the tiny things also. I get having integrity,but it completely blurred into a huge culture of micro management from people I haven’t even met.

Advice to Management

BE TRANSPARENT!!! If somebody challenges some short comings in the company,do not get defensive. Explain why it is like that,what the solution is,and the steps being taken. It’s not that difficult. Also,your HR department made a very awkward relationship with my manager because I called inquiring about something and he found out and therefore I felt pressured out of the company. With no transparency or privacy in serious matters,I would suggest TTI to individuals who are fresh out of college and willing to BREATHE tools and Milwaukee brand.

"Great company"

I worked at Techtronic Industries North America full-time

Pros

They invested a lot in training and development, and provided a company cell phone and car. This was the best job to start at after getting right out of college

Cons

I had a very hard time working in surrounding Home Depot's - it is difficult to work there as a woman. I was hit on constantly and was not taken seriously by the contractors.

10. "Lots of work to be done"

I have been working at Techtronic Industries North America full-time

Pros

Overall compensation and benefits are great

Cons

Processes and Systems are lagging behind the curve