Tecta Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

"Small Company....Big Heart"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Tecta Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Principal of TECTA cares a lot about his employees. Not just as employees, but as people. If you're looking to work for a small company with all of the nuance of a large family, then TECTA is where it’s at. This place is filled with real people of diverse backgrounds and varying abilities. Working in close proximity to others and the fact that the office itself is aesthetically rewarding, create an experience opposite to that of a staunch corporate office with a sea of cubicles. You will not get lost in the masses at TECTA. Which provides both opportunities for your strengths to shine, and equally for your weaknesses to be less transparent.

Cons

The Principal can be quirky in his management style at times. The size of the company precludes very much middle management or middle leadership. Our fearless leaders’ door is constantly revolving and therefore “overburdened, however, well intentioned” can often describe the availability of leadership to employees. The sometimes lack of professionalism is noticeable, but I can’t say that is a always “Con” as we are all human. Sometimes that same lack of professionalism can lead to the kind of flexibility we all need from time to time.

Advice to Management

Continue your loyal commitment to you employees. Increase your commitment to professionalism and consistency. Provide more proactive and consistent management. Find a way to hold employees more accountable. Keep up the good attitude and ever present ability to roll with the punches.

Sep 2, 2015 – Principal

I try to learn from my team members, and I appreciate the heartfelt input. Since this review was written, we have separated our office into teams, as separate as a small office with limited human ... More

"Extremely Unprofessional"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Location
    Parking
    Cool Office Design
    Good Office Manager

Cons

Employees are Tasked
    No leadership
    No growth opportunities

Advice to Management

Consider bringing in partners to handle leadership piece of business

Sep 2, 2015 – Principal

We very much enjoyed working with this team member. It was their first job in San Francisco though, and after a very short time they wanted partnership. We have a commitment to our long term staff ... More

"Creative Atmosphere"

Former Employee - Architect
    Former Employee - Architect

Pros

I had about two or three years of experience when I first started working here. I personally thought it was awesome to learn and get mentored by experienced architects and designers that work here. The principal is quite international, outspoken and at times, rather funny. It makes for a relaxed environment. It was also neat to be able to work on major, national projects. Definitely a place where one can get great experience and prove yourself. I got a great offer because of my work here!

Cons

The cons of working here really don't have anything to do with Tecta and/or its employees. I always wanted to make a huge salary, because I thought I was worth it! However, I look back in time. Was I really worth it? One learns, I suppose. On the other hand, my salary today is the direct result of my experience here. Boom!

Advice to Management

I am not a senior manager, so what advice can I give. I'm simply a worker bee that rolls up his sleeves and does what's asked of him. I guess my only advice would be to offer maybe some more hands on training in other aspects of the business - but we were so slammed with work, that might not have been productive.

Sep 2, 2015 – Principal

I was visiting a retail store we had designed, and a college class of architecture students came in for a field trip. They were marveling at the details, details that were designed by this very ... More