Ted Baker London Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Raymond Stuart Kelvin

Pros
Cons
  • Poor management, low pay and long hours (in 8 reviews)

• Management is concerned more about how they look towards upper management rather than as a team, (in 7 reviews)

1. "Growth and Development! Leaders are Welcomed"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Ted Baker London full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Luxury retail at its finest! This Company is an elevated Brand without all the cold stuffiness that you would normally get with upscale retailers. Ted Baker is a warm, friendly and "Quirky" No Ordinary Design Label! I love Ted Baker because when they talk about growth and development they mean it. They give you the budget and payroll and time to invest into your team

Cons

I love the Brand too much to really say that there are any cons. We have a Clothing cap per season that allows us to only buy a "set " amount of TB clothing at a VERY generous discount "the amount set" is based upon position and status of PT v.s. FT v.s. exempt/non-exempt. If any thing, because I LOVE wearing Ted Baker at a discount, this clothing cap could always be greater

Advice to Management

Continue investing in your people! This is the cornerstone of your success

2. "Store Manager"

Pros

Amazing people, great product, major focus on internal growth, and fun.

Cons

Too much focus on operations

"Fun Company"

Current Employee - Floor Manager in Bloomingdale, IL
    Current Employee - Floor Manager in Bloomingdale, IL

I have been working at Ted Baker London part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun Company to work for, the higher up management is really involved in every part of the company. The make working retail really fun with different training activities and selling challenges.

Cons

They constantly want someone responding to all there emails, which can be challenging if you are trying to focus on customers.

Advice to Management

Don't make the sales team do the work of others.

5. "AWESOME"

Current Intern - Intern in New York, NY
    Current Intern - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Ted Baker London as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Its a great company to get your foot in the door in the fashion industry. The people are awesome and making coming to work feel like I'm not at work.

Cons

Sometimes the people are a little less focused on the task at hand and sometime wouldn't give me much to do.

Advice to Management

Keep on being easy to talk to but also make sure newbees are being trained to their fullest potential.

6. "Retail Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

Pros

Amazing team and working enviroment

Cons

There is no complaint so far

7. "Great"

Former Employee - Sales Professional/Clientele Specialist in Oceanside, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Professional/Clientele Specialist in Oceanside, NY

I worked at Ted Baker London (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome management great benefits, awesome coworkers paid time off

Cons

Nothing bad to say they were great to me but time to move on

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing it's a great way to encourage associates

"Excellent Experience at Lenox Atlanta"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ted Baker London part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love everything about working at Ted! Great pay for working retail, great team, nice bonus checks, the product practically sells itself. --I have to address some of the Atlanta reviews because I'm feeling like bitter individuals are just spreading utter lies and I wouldn't want anyone considering working for Ted Lenox to confused-- A. The person who claimed to be a current employee at Ted who go fired for being overweight HAD to be a bogus review. Who are you?!? I'm a female and by far the biggest female on our team (size 14-16) and my job has never been threatened because if it. That review was just bogus. B. I don't know whether this reviewer had a different manager then me but we definitely don't have weak leadership. Ken is the current manager and he's pretty awesome. You don't have to take my word, obviously we are doing very well under his management. A manager doesn't have to be a tool to be respected.
    The team actually has a great manager and assistant manager who are both excellent communicators and fun to work with. You will never be confused about where you stand and what you need to improve on. Both managers, while respected, are fun to be around. Definitely not the typical dreaded feeling in retail of having your manager breath down your neck constantly or anything. Everyone is well trained and equipped to do things for themselves and take initiative without being told to.

Cons

While I have no qualms with my team there are a few minor cons about working in a concession store inside of Bloomingdales

Size 5-- I don't like the fact that we do not carry a size 5 in store! Nordstrom has it and it creates competition where it shouldn't be since we obviously have the fuller Ted collection.

No benefits-- I don't like that as a part timer I don't receive benefits. Insurance outside of a company is always more costly for less coverage.

Bloomingdales-- The most annoying, if not ONLY annoying thing about working in a concession store is being in the middle of Bloomingdales shark-like sales people who don't always value connecting with the customer and selling the merchandise in a fashion that will avoid returns. It can be very frustrating. I do find myself having to guard my sales from bloomies associates and keep the peace to avoid severing relationships on the floor, its a balancing act.

Bloomingdales Return Policy- The return policy just sucks. I don't know how else to say it. They take back everything, and in a town where stylists return worn things constantly and people simply buy things knowing they are going to wear an item once and return it, the store has GOT to hold customers and sales clerks taking back returns more accountable.

Advice to Management

None. I'm pretty satisfied with the company overall.

9. "Colorful Company with Enthusiastic Employees"

Former Intern - PR Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - PR Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Ted Baker London as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity for creativity, usually only have 1 or 2 interns per department so they really utilize you

Cons

Unpaid and at the time did not have space for interns in the office, so had to work out of the showroom (have moved location since & now have a full set up for interns)

10. "Fit for one who's in the social crowd"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

Pros

Meeting new, interesting contacts. Pretty laid back environment. Boutique style clothing so not too much to handle. Flexible, good balance of work/personal life.

Cons

No commission. No benefits for part-time employees. Bonus dictated on whether store makes numbers or not.

11. "Best in fashion retail"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I worked at Ted Baker London full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good training, progression, fun place to work, family atmosphere

Cons

Salary although competitive needs increase, more uniform discount needed