Teen Vogue Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Charles H. Townsend
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Phenomenal company and mission"

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Teen Vogue full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are some of the best, brightest and most dedicated I've ever met.

Cons

There are many cons.

2. "Photo Editor"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in New York, NY
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in New York, NY

Pros

Creative decision-making and conversation, pleasant working environment, well-known publication

Cons

As a freelancer there is a lack of work at times but no other cons to recall

3. "Sales Assistant - To be or not to be?"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant

Pros

- Work culture is probably the best thing at TV. The team is young, fun and energetic; you definitely feel that they want to make a difference and want to work together to keep the Teen Vogue name thriving.

- Opportunity to explore and grow within the Conde Nast brand.

-Brand is evolving with technology and social media so the culture and work is fresh and experimental which makes for a fast pace and upbeat environment.

Cons

- As a sales assistant, the pay is not enough to support yourself in today's NYC.

- Very administrative role, so sometimes you feel that all your education has gone to waste to printing and filing.

Advice to Management

- The role of sales assistant should not exceed more than a year and a half, as at this point the role should evolve due to the skills and knowledge acquired.

"Amazing Internship"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Teen Vogue as an intern

Pros

I never experienced the harsh Conde Nast environment others have described. I was given real writing work, made great contacts, and never felt abused.

Cons

The hours can be long but I never felt that they were never excessive. Also the lack of pay wasn't great.

"Amazing and Helpful Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Teen Vogue (Less than a year)

Pros

This was not an internship to solely get coffee for the editors. It was a real hands on experience. There was a lot of work to get done, but without fail when the clock hit 6 pm I was told I can pick up where I left off tomorrow and go home. I learned valuable skills and how the web department of a magazine works. It's a shame that the internship program is no longer around because people felt uncompensated. Of course, it would be nice to get paid for any internship, but the experience you gain is worth the time.

Cons

I thoroughly enjoyed everything about my 5 months at Teen Vogue

6. "Fun yet Rigid"

Former Employee - Freelance
    Former Employee - Freelance

Pros

fun, nice people to work with, perks such as free makeup and clothing

Cons

rigid, very corporate, no employee appreciation, no employee bonding

7. "Great learning opportunity"

Current Intern - Bookings and Photography in New York, NY
    Current Intern - Bookings and Photography in New York, NY

I have been working at Teen Vogue as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked in the Bookings and Photography department and loved all the people I worked with. They were able to make it a fun work environment that was able to keep a realistic perspective on the work we were all doing.

Cons

Long hours with little recognition is a con to any fashion or editorial position that you'll encounter. If you are working in this industry you should love what you are doing because the financial benefits are few and far between

Advice to Management

It would be great if HR was less of a barrier and upper level management had more of a say directly in who gets hired and how fast that can happen

"horrible, slavery, depressing environment"

Former Intern - Accessories/Fashion Closet Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Accessories/Fashion Closet Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Teen Vogue as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

to be able to put it on my resume, everyone that sees it respects me a little more that i actually survived this internship

Cons

no room for growth, everyone is sad and miserable, was never paid my stipend, unfriendly atmosphere. my currently employer had to run a background check when i was hired and teen vogue couldn't even confirm i had worked there!

Advice to Management

probably treat their interns better since they are the ones that do the grunt work.

9. "Typical Fashion Intern at Famous Publication"

Former Intern - Fashion Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Fashion Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Teen Vogue as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

-get to see some celebrities in the office
    -get a real feel of the inner workings of a major publication
    -get to be around a lot of amazing fashion

Cons

-like basically every other fashion internship there are a lot of errands and no pay (now there may be a stipend though, but still it's minimal).
    - fashion attitudes

Advice to Management

let the interns do more important and less mundane tasks instead of always running errands

"I had a horrible experience at Teen Vogue and would dissuade people from applying there."

Former Employee - Accessories/Fashion Closet Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Accessories/Fashion Closet Intern in New York, NY

Pros

Obviously it's well-known and is a good name for your resume; location is great, right in the middle of Times Square; short walk from Port Authority for commuters

Cons

I was completely taken advantage of at Teen Vogue. I realize that I was an intern, but the day I got there, they completely changed my internship and reassigned me to an internship I didn't even apply for because someone had left the company and it switched everything up (which really shouldn't have affected me, but it's a long story). I was completely disrespected, treated extremely rudely, and was expected to do personal errands such as fetch coffee, lunch, and shoe repairs for an employee (not company related). All those tasks are for a personal PAID assistant, not an intern. I didn't expect to be treated like gold, I know I was an intern, but it was ridiculous how rude people were.

Advice to Management

Have some respect for your interns, it could come back to be you in the ass one day. There's no need to be so rude. You pick clothes for a girl's magazine. Grow up.