TekVista Reviews | Glassdoor

TekVista Reviews

4.9
Nisha Nair

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Business Systems Analyst"

Former Employee - Business Analyst Intern in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst Intern in Fremont, CA

I worked at TekVista full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Peaceful work environment.
    Flexible work hours.
    Smooth HR relations.

Cons

Less work from home flexibility

Advice to Management

Improve employee-management communications

2. "Best Consulting Company for H1B holders"

Pros

Employees are treated as Asset.
    The management and recruiting staff were very helpful in securing contract work for me. They are very friendly and helpful.
    Extremely transparent
    Very supportive & knowledgable colleagues
    Smooth and tension free H1B & Green Card process

Cons

No Per Diem, No relocation expense

Advice to Management

Excellent management. Very transparent in their dealing and communication.

3. "Glad i worked with some good people."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

Pros

Business with Ethics. They tell upfront all the hard facts, especially in consulting. Didn't lure me in to it. I liked that brutal honesty, even though one could feel bit abrasive. The reason why I joined them is that. More over they don't have any contract, they will let me leave and joined the client with proper notice period. They only restrict the CLIENT on NON Compete. Clients pay them to hire good employees. So everything works out to my advantage. (unlike other companies who force employees to pay up )

Cons

They tell upfront all the hard facts, especially in consulting. Didn't lure me in to it.even though one could feel bit abrasive. I was hopping to get cajoled :)

Advice to Management

Nothing at this time

4. "A great releif and a fresh breath."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

Pros

Initially I was mad that they didn't offer proxy, but now I’m glad they didn't. They forced me to learn and helped me with the process. provided mock interviews and helped me with elevator speeches and prep me to have right attitude during interview. When I miss 2 questions, often tear and stress used to overpower me ... , but Mathew coached me with interview tips and tricks. Those practice sessions in front of mirror and replaying the iPhone recordings helped me well in understanding how I used to stutter while answering a question that I was not sure of. thank god to have such trainings. Now I feel good that they didn't offer proxy when I saw some leading companies in Bay Area got in news for FAKE resumes and PROXIES. At least my company is well respected and where I interviewed, they spoke highly about TEKVISTA consultants.

Then they helped me get the H1, even though I missed the lottery first year, they had patience with me and herlped me evolve. I got my h1 in the 2nd try.

Initially I felt bad when they told me they will not do Per Diems and other little things that I can save money. But when they explained how such tax avoidance gimmicks will invite Audits and how it could get jeopardize the life of fellow consultants and mine. I was glad that they are looking out for the employees future more than making more profit for them by saving taxes.

Overall they are a good company, and I’m glad that I’m working with bunch of technology professionals who have passion and not with bunch of sales crooks who only concentrate on having more and more profit.

Cons

During my OPT period I come to know about TEKvista from my senior batch. What made me feel different about them is they didn't offer PROXY. These guys were adamant that they will only entertain genuine talent only. They could get more consultants if they could do that.

Advice to Management

Sometimes when they tell things very honestly in a blunt fashion, one could feel cocky. Then I also realized that they are not sales people, but hands on technical team who are brute honest and straight forward. so they don't mince words. Appreciate their transparency in everything.

5. "Thank you!"

Former Employee - Management Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Management Analyst in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Mathew's interview coaching, especially the elevator speech part helped me with the interview. Coming from China and English being 2nd language, it was very helpful to have those tips and tricks. I remember my friend and fellow employee Marian who is from Ghana also expressed the same sentiment. Savvy marketing techniques helped me land is good projects and client. When my Client offered me a full time job, they supported my aspirations and allowed me to join without any fuss. They paid all my salary unlike others who create lot of fuss when an employee wants to join their clients. I will always recommend them to all my friends.

Cons

I wish they have a way to process green card faster. However I don't know what it entails.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you do best. Being honest and transparent and uphold the policy of equality and no favoritism.

6. "Tekvista, Inc is a great company to work with"

Current Employee - Computer Programmer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Computer Programmer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at TekVista (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working with this company past several years and my experience has been the most memorable one. They are one of the best companies in Bay Area when it comes to H1b filing, GC processing and finding you projects. I referred several of my friends and relatives who are part of Tekvista, Inc now. The best thing about them is that they are very transparent. The management team is very technical.

Cons

No cons that I can think of

7. "Excellent company to work"

Current Contractor - Computer Programmer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Contractor - Computer Programmer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at TekVista as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

The management team is very technical and helps and guides every consultants before and during the project. Very easily accessible and very co-operative.

Cons

I've been with Tekvista for last 5 years, had NO issues with the company or management.

TekVista Response

Apr 25, 2014 – CFO

Good to hear your feedback.

8. "Review for Tekvista"

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Fremont, CA

Pros

Tekvista is a very good consulting firm to work for. The employers spent substantial amount of time in training of the employees.The employers are very considerate, supportive and encouraging. The marketing team is very efficient. Overall it is an amazing place to work for.

Cons

The cut that the company takes from the salaries of the employees can be huge. It can be as much as 30%.

Advice to Management

I do not have much advice to offer as they seem to be pretty much on top of everything. So basically none