Teknion Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

David Feldberg

"Marketing Manager"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Marlton, NJ

I worked at Teknion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Best leadership I’ve ever experienced. They really knew about the concerns of the employees and they acted on what was best for the culture.

Cons

If you have a good solid work ethic there won’t be any cons. There aren’t any cons to report as I never experienced any during my employment.

Advice to Management

I hope your keeping up the leadership and mentoring you have in the past

Teknion2018-02-10

"regional manager"

Former Employee - Regional Manager

I worked at Teknion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fair company to work for. Probably used to be a great company.

Cons

Poor Mid level management, managers have been there for double digit years and have no desire to improve their regions or departments. They are there to use their corporate credit card for meals & drinks and collect their pay check. Upper management is too focused on silly marketing and company events to even realize it. I literally saw/talked to my manager twice a year(some might consider this a blessing),... but really just proves nobody under the executive level is held accountable for anything.

Teknion2018-09-12

September 19, 2018Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We pride our management teams on working closely with their departments to grow and improve so it is disappointing to hear this was your experience. We appreciate your insights into your experience with Teknion.

"Good company, but not great."

Current Employee - District Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Teknion full-time for more than a year

Pros

- sales effectiveness team - vertical integration and customization of project is a good story to tell. - for the most part good people that work there - company is growing and out pacing the industry - design oriented company

Cons

- bad expenses policy (a)you are responsible for any late fees (b) travel expenses are only reimbursed at like $10 for breakfast and lunch. (So don’t get a lunch if you are traveling for the company) - company for the most part has substandard dealer partners - sales structure is designed so you don’t share information with coworkers as easily, especially if they are in another territory. Unfortunately this is not... a customer first model, more of a political one. - underpaid A&D representatives - commission is paid twice a year. (1/4 in July and 3/4 in January. ) If you don’t get more than your goal than you get nothing. - sales goals can feel arbitrary, don’t expect to be able to give feedback unless you are a RVP or above - PAF’s ( basically means that your product isn’t going to arrive and they told you about 2 days before it is scheduled to install... unfortunately happens all to often)

Advice to Management

- Re-examine you expense policy - get rid of Michael Vanderbil’s design in the showrooms ( the design concepts are pure mediocrity, and do not speak to today’s clients or their taste level) - set up more common goals among regions, teams and company. - pay your A&D team the same as other manufacturers

Teknion2018-06-13

July 2, 2018Director, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback about your experience working with us. We appreciate it greatly and look forward to the opportunity to discuss any of your concerns further. Please contact HR at your convenience.

4. "District Manager"

Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Teknion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team, work from home, lots of trust.

Cons

Some red tape as with any large company.

Advice to Management

Continue trusting and empowering your sales staff!

Teknion2018-02-09

"pamela saxton"

Former Employee - District Manager in Marina del Rey, CA

I worked at Teknion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good designed product, unique corporate culture

Cons

Terrible distribution channel makes for difficulty in promoting the brand

Advice to Management

Get better dealers

Teknion2016-03-08

"Great Entrepreneurial Company"

Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Teknion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not micro managed, encouraged to think of territory as own, beautiful product and wonderful team spirit

Cons

dealer distribution needs to be more keyed into the Teknion brand upper management is open to listening, but you still have to stay the course

Advice to Management

Be willing to change and listen to the new blood

Teknion2015-06-23
  7. "This is a very nice place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Territory Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Teknion full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I like the people I work with

Cons

Like any job, not every day is perfect

Teknion2019-08-26

"Teknion forced me to write glassdoor review...others are likely fake"

Former Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Teknion full-time for less than a year

Pros

My job paid well and it was easy to start out as a manager.

Cons

Most people are managers of vps. Management is a joke, and many managers regularly don't show up for work under the guise of having meetings offsite. They also do very little work, except for covering their own behinds and throwing their teams under the bus. My boss was verbally abusive to me multiple times in front of my team, and it only worsened until I left. SO MUCH politics, so if you're not close... friends with the management team your position is not protected. As part of my HR work review, I was FORCED to write a glassdoor review which they in turn could monitor. Not cool. This is intended to put the facts straight.

Advice to Management

Lazy managers get promoted and hard workers get no recognition. I'm guessing that the CEO has no clue what his managers are up to. Here's a clue: getting credit for the work that their team does.

Teknion2019-05-14

May 27, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We encourage all employees to share their experience with Teknion to help us continue to improve. In regards to the experience you’ve had, please contact Human Resources to further discuss. We look forward to the opportunity to address your concerns ...

9. "CAD Manager"

Current Employee - CAD Manager in North York, ON

I have been working at Teknion full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Colleagues Company culture Lots of opportunities to grow within the company Senior management Company is not afraid to invest in its employees

Cons

Working hours not flexible Salary could be more competitive

Teknion2018-12-21

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Teknion full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing people to work with. Great culture the CEO knows everyone by first name and is engaging with everyone. We have a company sponsored cafe.... great food !

Cons

CSO is arrogant and self absorbed and sexist.

Advice to Management

Do not let the CSO control you

Teknion2018-08-21

August 21, 2018Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. Teknion takes all Glassdoor reviews seriously and would like to discuss this with you further. We strongly encourage you to contact Human Resources so that we might learn more about your comments.

Found 13 reviews