Teladoc Health Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Teladoc Health CEO Jason Gorevic
Jason Gorevic
Pros
Cons
  • "I don't believe upper management really cares about the people who work here(in 6 reviews)

• "You're expected to work like in a startup (long hours, weekends) but without the potential exit-scenario of a startup(in 5 reviews)

"Awesome, mission driven company that cares about people"

Current Employee - Vice President Operations in Quincy, MA

I have been working at Teladoc Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Most employees and leaders are completely focused on delivering high quality services. Expert Medical Opinions provide piece of mind and transparency that cannot be replicated in any other setting. All employees have the ability to impact members' lives directly, every day.

Cons

Very fast paced environment, requires focus and passion - which is a pro for anyone who thrives in that environment but some folks struggle to keep up.

Advice to Management

Continue to hold out for and hire smart, professional, driven employees for all positions. We do important work, only strong people who strive for excellence need apply.

Teladoc Health2019-07-03

"Don’t bother"

Former Employee - Mrc

I worked at Teladoc Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay and benefits. Some of the people are great. New people are often chewed up and spit out.

Cons

Poor management, company is trying to stay afloat after losing its core team, core values, you’re now just a number there. Sad....used to be fun. Burn out central.

Advice to Management

No advice other than to abandon ship. Company needs an entire overhaul.

Teladoc Health2019-10-22
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Flexible"

Current Employee - Physician in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Teladoc Health part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible, can sign on and off as needed, paid per consult

Cons

Text a lot, not always busy depending on the states you have licenses in

Teladoc Health2019-09-16
  5. "Great company"

Current Employee - Client Manager

I have been working at Teladoc Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People are wonderful, company & CEO are really innovative

Cons

Sharing knowledge, training are the only downfall here

Teladoc Health2019-09-04
  6. "job review"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Lewisville, TX

I worked at Teladoc Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

the work environment was cool

Cons

the company should pay better.

Advice to Management

give more incentives

Teladoc Health2019-09-12

"Cover Up"

Current Employee - Management in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at Teladoc Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Bullet Proof Glass and Armed Security Guards

Cons

C Suite, VPs . We have had so much turnover it’s pathetic. We have been bullied to keep our mouth shut and threatened. It should be called TelaRetaliation because if you tell, your are eliminated, forced out. Environment is built on dishonesty and it starts with the leaders.

Advice to Management

Watch you tube on what harassment entails. Watch more YouTube and find out what happens when you continue to harass people. Watch more YouTube videos on how to improve culture.

Teladoc Health2019-09-30

"Mission without a Soul"

Current Employee - Technology in Purchase, NY

I have been working at Teladoc Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Innovative company that pushes boundaries of virtual care Good position to take advantage of the market with strong products People are friendly (but stressed) Pizza and snacks (but only if you are in HQ in New York) RSU and ESOP program

Cons

Teladoc is on a mission! Which is great but there is no culture. With many acquisitions there has been almost no effort to radiate or promote culture. It feels more like we're being run by a private equity but with all the detractors of being a public company. The pursuit of sales/marketing and product, while good for quarterly earnings, has made everything else secondary. The prevailing culture is one of... self-protection and self-promotion. You often feel like you are on your own to solve problems, without much support from leadership or peers. People are spread geographically (globally) and with the recent mergers and acquisitions it is unclear who is responsible so projects often languish without leaders. There is no benefit to taking ownership in these cases. Reorganizations are frequent, poorly communicated, and seemingly haphazard. Employees feel like they have very little say in direction of department and company and often give in to just being task completers. While churn isn't a particular issue a number of people seem to just come and go without anyone caring. Management doesn't seem to communicate well together or down to the front line and productivity and professional development suffer. There are still a fair number of 'Peter principle' managers there that have been promoted due to seniority though that's lessening due to attrition or being forced out. The problem is that they are being replaced by folks from 'big health' and finance. Other things: poor tactical to strategic alignment, lack of professional development, lack of investment in non core areas, some questionable management practices. I don't think it's much different than a typical corporation; Teladoc has certainly grown out of its start-up phase. If not for the mission, would I otherwise still be here?

Advice to Management

Your next acquisition should not be a company, it should be a soul. Find your culture and make it a non-negotiable, make your execs, SVPs, VPs, directors, and managers own it and call them out. Think about actually building people up instead of keeping their spot on the carousel warm. The next jump in the organization is not a product or a service, it is the expressed and collective will to propel the company... forward where people are personally and professionally invested; your stock options are not a good proxy for cultural investment. And will some of the CxOs actual come off of their thrones to address all those who support them in their organization in an engaging way? As they say, "I don't care what you know until I know that you care".

Teladoc Health2019-08-23
  9. "Great place to work with awesome growth opportunity"

Current Employee - Finance & Accounting

I have been working at Teladoc Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Teladoc Health has a great culture and they care about their employees.

Cons

There really aren't any, I love working here.

Advice to Management

Continue to make sure we don't loose sight of our mission.

Teladoc Health2019-06-25
  10. "Member services"

Current Employee - Member Services in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at Teladoc Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits , incentives and hours

Cons

Do not accept doctors note as excuse

Advice to Management

Great company! Need more team Bonding activities

Teladoc Health2019-05-21

"Not about people but potential profits"

Current Employee - Management in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at Teladoc Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible schedule at times. RSU if you're not terminated before you are awarded shares.

Cons

Incompetent leadership worried more about raising share prices in order to sell. Termination for any reason without any validation. Safety concerns with local police almost weekly.

Advice to Management

Invest in training at all levels. Treat employees with respect. Upgrade operating systems to avoid ongoing outages.

Teladoc Health2019-04-28