TeleSign Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Aled Miles

1. "Nice people and opportunity to contribute"

Former Employee - General & Administrative in Marina del Rey, CA
    Former Employee - General & Administrative in Marina del Rey, CA

I worked at TeleSign full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-- Analytical group of high emotional-quotient employees where everyone is smart and nice. TeleSigners are consensus builders who want to work with other consensus builders.
    -- CFO is exceptional and new CEO appears strong like previous and current leadership.
    -- Thoughtful and engaged Board.
    -- Room for patient and thoughtful leaders to achieve small wins and be a part of a collective transformation into next levels of revenue growth and market share.
    -- Views from office.

Cons

-- So many snacks... avoid the junk food!
    -- Must love dogs.

Advice to Management

Take the time to get to know the strengths and motivations of both individual contributors and managers.

"Want to be one of the big guys"

I worked at TeleSign full-time

Pros

Laid back environment. Dog friendly. Great gym reimbursement and open pantry.

Cons

Awful atmosphere, bad energy. Very hard to make friends. Backstabbing environment. No culture.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees but action, not just words.

3. "Great company, great people, great products!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA

I have been working at TeleSign full-time

Pros

Strong leadership with track record of success (especially CEO and CFO)
    Product leadership
    Huge market potential
    Agile "start-up" culture
    Great work environment
    Flat hierarchy and minimal politics
    Opportunity to have real impact
    Growth and promotion opportunities (company promotes from within often)
    Beautiful workspace in Silicon Beach

Cons

No cons! It is a great place to work for individuals who thrive in nimble and fast paced environments.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on development of new products and maintaining our unique culture and talented people.

"MNA"

Current Employee - MNA in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - MNA in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at TeleSign full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Industry
    Great individuals
    Global Coverage
    As the leader in mobile identity solutions, TeleSign currently helps customers secure more than 3.5 billion user accounts from compromise and fraud.

Cons

Communication among departments
    Slow reaction to market trends

Advice to Management

Listen people and feedback then act on it

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at TeleSign full-time

Pros

Great new office with gorgeous views, fully stocked kitchen, fun office environment, dog-friendly office (MDR), transparency and communication from management, really smart people who understand work/life balance (work hard, play hard), gym memberships, lots of career opportunities...a great experience so far!

Cons

No formal performance review process, maternity/paternity benefits are minimal, company could be better connected with the surrounding community (volunteering, donating, etc.), no more car washes, and some growing pains but these are to be expected.

Advice to Management

Like the new company guidelines and hope to see these expand and spread throughout the company. We are all on the same team and having the same short and long-term goals help keep everyone heading in the same direction in a cohesive fashion.

"Best company I've ever worked for"

Pros

We're all a team here! I couldn't ask for a better group of people to work with. We have a full kitchen, games and great team building events from time to time.

Cons

Traffic in the Marina, but it's not unbearable.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work :)

"Great company"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Marina del Rey, CA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Marina del Rey, CA

I worked at TeleSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, good benefits, great office, nice people. And dogs!

Cons

Sometimes the commute to work, company transitioning to mid-size firm

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

"Amazing Company"

Pros

Everything. Great leadership from c-level down, awesome space, smart people, terrific products. This company treats its people well. Open pantry, gym membership, fun events. The CEO sets the tone and he is awesome. Best company I have ever worked for.

Cons

There really are none. But if you are not at the top of your game or striving to be, it's not the place for you. You have to be prepared to take on a lot and learn quickly and perform way above average every day.

Advice to Management

Don't change.

"Being part of a meaningful industry in a company led by a brilliant Executive team"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Account Manager in Marina del Rey, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Account Manager in Marina del Rey, CA

I have been working at TeleSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- If you are dedicated to your role and put in hard work, you will be noticed and heard.
    - Extremely friendly staff - from your co-workers, to your manager, to your manager's boss...: everyone has a good attitude and is a pleasure to be around.
    - Your peers and your bosses want you to succeed. This is extremely important because not only they want you to be successful but they help lead the way - again, your efforts are not overlooked.
    - You will never hear a NO whenever you ask for help, from any department, at any time.
    - The office space is really nice - views of Marina del Rey, great kitchen and lounge area...

Cons

- Although perks & benefits are offered to all employees, they could be expanded and offered with better options (example, healthcare options could be better).
    - Salaries are a little low compared to industry standards.

Honestly, these are the only 2 things and even though they may seem big, I still highly recommend this company - it's really hard to find any other cons from working at TeleSign.

Advice to Management

Dear Management: you are awesome! It would be great to have a monthly newsletter or monthly update on the company plans & statuses - perhaps by the means of some KPI's in place to keep us informed of where the business is at & where it is going. You are smart & talented people, share with us what you are thinking more often... It will rub off on us and make everyone even more passionate and perform better. Share the vision and the destination - we will march in the same direction. :)

"Successful, fast-growing company that values its employees"

Current Employee - California in Marina del Rey, CA

I have been working at TeleSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Open Policy, and a great atmosphere where your ideas and contributions are valued. Every time I'm in a meeting, I find myself in awe by my peers and the many smart, talented, diverse individuals around me. I think it actually pushes me to do my best, and want to add value in anyway I can. I can talk to almost anyone, including the CEO (who is awesome and knows almost everyone in this now, big and continuously growing company by name) -- which coming from my last employer is a big plus.

Can't complain about the perks either - brand new HQ office, sully stocked fridge, gym memberships, dogs in the office, lunch & learns, pool table, and more

Cons

Miss the free car washes since the move.. but can't really complain

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep communicating! so excited for everything in store