TeleTech Reviews | Glassdoor

TeleTech Chairman and CEO Kenneth D. Tuchman
Kenneth D. Tuchman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Need better work life balance policies (in 33 reviews)

• a few team leads communicate well and others like mine didn't have the soft skills (in 63 reviews)

1. "Not the greatest place in the world"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rensselaer, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rensselaer, IN

I worked at TeleTech (Less than a year)

Pros

Remote work is great but the drama is not

Cons

They let people go for no reason

2. "Worst Company to Work for"

Current Employee - Senior Team Lead
    Current Employee - Senior Team Lead

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Absolutely nothing. Everything good about this job came from Optum, who we were bought from. Teletech adds no value to this position.

Cons

Benefits - They lie about what you get and when. We were promised benefits such as telemedicine. It took them 3 months to deliver on benefits we were promised.
    Pay - Under market rate for nearly all positions below directors. They are experts at outsourcing so their goal is to hire only the cheapest labor.
    Culture - They have none. Unless their culture attempts to emulate deaf culture, which if so, they're doing an excellent job.
    PTO - You accrue far below what other companies offer. I lost nearly a week of PTO accrual after Teletech's acquisition. I believe their goal is to work you to death so they can hire someone else for cheaper.
    Misc. - Management sucks. No promotion opportunities. No way to get in contact with HR or IT besides their ridiculous and buggy ticket system. Overall, this company is a joke.

Advice to Management

Quit your jobs and close the company. I couldn't find a more soulless people in a Kitten Killing club if I tried.

"Employees are just a number."

Current Employee - Telecommunications Architect in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Telecommunications Architect in Denver, CO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The ability to work remote and not in some cubicle. My peers are great and that's the only thing keeping me here for now.

Cons

Continually assigning more and more work with no relief in sight. Work weeks are continually 60 hrs plus. Company values are a joke. You can bring things up to management and nothing changes. Just keeps getting worse.

Advice to Management

Pull your heads out of the sand.

"One of the worst jobs I've ever had"

Former Employee - CSR2 in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - CSR2 in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some schedule flexibility for adult students. Most of the coworkers were nice. If you have the right friends in the company, you can move up pretty quickly and easily, and you don't even need to know how to do your job.

Cons

Several written company policies (no food/eating at desk, no websites not directly related to work, no paper at desk, no phones on the floor) were broadly ignored and only enforced when they wanted to fire someone. Favoritism, cronyism, nepotism were extremely common. If you want to move up, you MUST have the right friends, job performance or qualifications don't matter at all. You will probably work for someone that does not know how to do their job, but it'll be your fault if there are any problems.

Advice to Management

None, this place will suck the joy from your life.

5. "License Agent"

I have been working at TeleTech full-time

Pros

Location depends on where you live easy hiring process

Cons

No benefits, do not allow you to have a purse phone keys at your desk horrible company, low pay

Advice to Management

Hire trustworthy people

"Customer Service Specialist"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Englewood, CO

I have been working at TeleTech part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is not so great when it comes to their lower seniority employees and the Team Leads only get paid $3.00 more than their counterpart and they are so inferior in knowing anything about the project that they're over

Cons

Nothing to brag about you cannot move up unless you are a butt kisser

Advice to Management

Clean up your act and act as professional employers and stop sleeping with your Team Leads to get your point over. This is a lousy company for anyone to work ...please do not stop here keep it moving

"Low paid high school"

Current Employee - Tech Support for Slingtv in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Tech Support for Slingtv in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a job if desperate.

Cons

Low pay. Low quality people from agents to ops managers. Very ghetto. They don't drug test or require anything to work there.

Advice to Management

Resign

TeleTech Response

Jul 17, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

We apologize that your experience with TeleTech didn't match our reputation as a great company to work at. Drug testing is a requirement for work and we certainly adhere to it.

"IT Leadership Team"

Former Employee - IT Vice President in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - IT Vice President in Englewood, CO

I worked at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very little. As a member of the Sr. Leadership team brought in to make a significant turn around effort, it was a daily battle with the "old political guard". The company is dying with over 23% turnover annually at the corporate level. Senior leaders care about nothing but their bonus, and will intentionally initiate work to damage their peers to improve their own bonus potential.

Cons

Senior Level leaders are pure "yes men" and will sacrifice anyone and anything to insure their own bonus - I have never seen such an unethical company in my career and was grateful when I left the company. You can't change a company if your not supported. Too many old political leaders who accept kick-backs from vendors to line their own pockets.

Advice to Management

wipe our the sr leaders, as they will never tell you the truth, they will not do what is best for the company as a whole, because your bonus program pays them for poor behavior

"Save yourself the stress. This place offers nothing for what it does to you."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The USAA project the only secure project at the Springfield location, as the rest of the projects rarely stay for more than a year. If your willing to commit your adult working life and have a chunk taken out of your pay there are insurance and 401k benefits. You can keep a low profile if you don't try to ask or suggest anything of management.

Cons

Zero communication in consideration to the constantly changing rules of the client. The only way to know anything is to get into good favor with a team lead. If you're in good favor with a team lead you'll be able to join the team lead's near eight hour huddle around their desk and almost never have to work.

Getting into the good graces or not having much a life outside of work seems to be the only way someone could advance in the company.

Most of the employees look like survivors of a nuclear holocaust. Tons of enormously overweight people or rail thin, scary skinny people to maneuver around between the entrance and your desk. They will not get out of your way either no matter the amount of 'excuse mes".

Due to the level of society TeleTech employees from you're going to witness a lot of rude, obnoxious behavior. Name calling, laughing at others by those who look at least 50 happens all the time. Big loud maniacal laughs that honest to God sound like they're from a mentally challenged person are heard at all hours of the day. The whole lack of containment is a trait of lower class people. There's a mouse and cockroach infestation, but to the company's credit it's likely due to an outside source.

Dress code adherence is impossible due to how much you're paid, and especially for males who have a more defined dress code, while females have a "anything not skanky" dress code. Management seems to be aware of this, so they don't press it too much.

Tons of immature guys playing with children's toys at their desk, and some these guys make me glad children aren't allowed on the campus.

There isn't any kind of stimulation allowed if you happen to work in the credit card or fraud section of the USAA floor.

Calls from military veterans and those currently servicing in the military are easy and polite calls due to the nature of most of those in the military, but you'll take calls from people who aren't in military and never were who call in just to make small talk, chit-chat, brag about their vacation or boring life, trying to make themselves feel superior and expect 100% emotional investment. The most upsetting thing about this is that there are injured veterans who are waiting on hold, and who will never bring up injuries, yet mostly middle aged and old women will prattle on and on about how unfairly they're treated.

Advice to Management

Teletech, you've made it clear that you don't care. You never will. I'll never forgive your company for what trouble you've caused me. You treat humans like cheap slaves. I'm telling you now that you're on your way of painting yourself in a corner, and when that finally happens it's "good bye, Springfield". You'll have to find another city to suck the life out of.

"WORST COMPANY EVER"

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

there are no pros at all

Cons

this is the worst company I have ever worked for in my life. They don't have a human resources department to talk to so if you have problems you wont talk to anyone and you have to submit tickets on a website and they respond whenever they want to. Nothing is consistant at all.

TeleTech Response

Jun 30, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

We apologize that your experience with TeleTech didn't match our reputation as a great company to work at. We found that submitting a ticket online has the same quality of resolve when it comes to... More

Showing 358 of 1,824 reviews