TeleTech Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
TeleTech Chairman and CEO Kenneth D. Tuchman
Kenneth D. Tuchman

Pros
Cons
  • Toxic leadership and lack of respect for work life balance (in 31 reviews)

• Upper management is terrible and most of the team leads aren't great either (in 61 reviews)

1. "DONT GET COMFORTABLE"

Former Employee - CASE MANAGER/EMAIL/SAFETY in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - CASE MANAGER/EMAIL/SAFETY in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at TeleTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the team leads really care but in the end they can NOT save your job.

Cons

The QA team and Ops Mgr will twist the rules to make it allowable to fire someone unethically.

"No Stability"

Former Employee - Product Support Specialist in Fairburn, GA
    Former Employee - Product Support Specialist in Fairburn, GA

I worked at TeleTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Working from home
    -Great way to improve customer service skills
    -Friendly coworkers

Cons

-Training was not sufficient or efficient. Thrown to the wolves.
    -Horrible communication - in the dark about many changes.
    -Constant changes
    -Schedule changes mid-week without notification.
    -Very challenging and stressful work reciprocated with low pay.
    -Inclined to answer inquiries out of the scope of expertise under the demand of the metrics system.

Advice to Management

Create a more streamlined training session with well-trained instructors and ensure employees are ready for calls. Examples and walkthroughs from experienced staff would have helped tremendously. Email notifications should be sent to inform of schedule changes.

3. "It's Alright!"

Former Employee - Work At Home Agent in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Work At Home Agent in Miami, FL

I worked at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay well and the training is fun.

Cons

Professionalism is key when it comes to their people!

Advice to Management

N/A

"horrible!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Raleigh, NC

I worked at TeleTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work at home, pay isn't too bad

Cons

Training is horrible. When you ask a question, they constantly say "moving on" The don't offer any help and trying to get through to someone in HR is a nightmare.

Advice to Management

Hire better trainers and be more employee friendly

6. "this job smh"

Former Employee - Lead Customer Support in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Lead Customer Support in Norcross, GA

I worked at TeleTech full-time

Pros

Not much but the compensation was good

Cons

too many to list, company is closing very soon and jobs will be lost. Very unfortunate because its a fin place to work.

Advice to Management

none

"So-so"

Current Employee - Csr1 in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Csr1 in Allentown, PA

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is very nice and do all they can to make the job as enjoyable as possible.

Cons

This is honestly a horrible job. If there's anywhere else you can find a job, even if it pays a 1.50 or more less, take it. This should only be a last resort. Anyways, this job is very difficult and my site location pays 12.00 an hour. For 12.00 an hour you get two computers and a dozen or so programs that you are responsible for using while you help irate customers scream and yell over the phone bc (the big bank your contracted to work for) charged them a 35.00 OD fee. Oh, and if that isn't bad enough, (this big bank that your contracting for pays their in house employees that do the same thing 25.00 an hour). And to make it worse? (Teletech is paid 25.00 an hour for your services and they keep your other half). Believe me, if currently working on finding another job. Out of the 20 people I was hired with, only 2 of us are left.

Advice to Management

our job sucks, you know it we know it so just continue to leave us be.

"Customer service"

Former Employee - Manager in Bozeman, MT
    Former Employee - Manager in Bozeman, MT

I worked at TeleTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Highest pay in Kalispell

Cons

Horrible not recommended They see you as number not a person. Horrible horrible

Advice to Management

Be supportive. We are people not robots

"I read these negative reviews, I went to work there, I'm adding to these negative reviews"

Former Employee - Member Services Agent in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Member Services Agent in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Insurance is cheap if you're single, no kids, and you don't smoke. You get to sit on your butt for eight hours. That's about it.

Cons

They lie to you. My team lead admitted corporate screwed me over over mistakes that corporate had made. Nothing they could or would do. You also know by people's color of lanyard how long they've been at Teletech. Green means a year or more. I hit that mark, and nothing, no acknowledgement, no award, no nothing. My team lead had no idea about how long I'd been there. Three weeks after my year was up, this person tossed a green lanyard to me, no congratulations, no certificate, no nothing. Folks, there's a reason why this place has an over 40% turnover. Right now only a handful of the agents that were here a year ago are still here. If you can operate a computer and have reasonable ethics, they can use you; for the computer, not the ethics. Corporate is a group of anonymous pinheads in the Philippines. This job is for experience, nothing more. I came here for a years worth of recent work history, and I got it. You won't make a career here unless you become team lead or get into sales.

Advice to Management

If the managers at Springfield Teletech did actually read the advice on glassdoor, you might not be losing over half your staff every three months.

TeleTech Response

Apr 4, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

We apologize that your experience with TeleTech didn't match our reputation as a great company to work at. We will definitely forward this to our team in Springfield, I hope you can send us an email ... More

10. "Okay If You Can Handle Negativity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You have almost 2 months of paid training which is just hanging out most of the time (depending on trainer). You have a possibility for bonuses if you are a top performing agent. People are pretty nice.

Cons

You are dealing with upset bank customers 95% of the time so if you don't like constant negativity this isn't the job for you. It can really make you feel down after working there a while (my opinion that is shared by others I worked there with).

TeleTech Response

Mar 29, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for the review. We're glad you enjoyed the paid training and incentives for performing employees. Sometimes, dealing with upset customers can be challenging. My advice for you is not to ... More

"It depends on what project you work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're full time they will always have a place for you. Hard to get fired from there if you show up and are not a complete bafoon.

Cons

Very few chances to actually move up. Bonuses are unfairly determined. The less work you do the more likely you are to get a bonus as it is more difficult to find fault in a small amount of work. Pay is not competitive in most projects. You can make a lot more money in other call centers. You're treated like a high schooler. Dress code, no food at your station, and have to leave your phone in your locker. Lockers do not have cameras near them which causes a ton of theft. Not allowed to verify employment so no matter how hard you work your managers would never be able to confirm it to another prospective employer if you wanted to move on to something better. Constant schedule changes.

Advice to Management

Focus more on employee retention as opposed to bringing in new employees. Wouldn't need a monthly job fair if people stopped quitting.

Showing 286 of 1,698 reviews