TeleTech Reviews | Glassdoor

1,661 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,661 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Does not promote a healthy work life balance (in 32 reviews)

• a few team leads communicate well and others like mine didn't have the soft skills (in 61 reviews)

1. "This job saved me..."

Former Employee - Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at TeleTech part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Work-From-Home Job

-Not Overly Micro-Managed
    I've worked for many call centers before- this place gives you a bit more freedom

-They Focus on Quality, not just quantity
    Some managers/team leads are not just stats oriented and are about the treatment of the customers, not just the numbers.

-Staff is helpful and friendly

-They give staff Voluntary-Time-Off and offer extra hours when available

-Very good group-based training

Cons

-Working from home could be difficult if you don't have a good internet connection- have at least 50mbps connection and the computer you have is fast, and last- make sure you have no packet loss- otherwise customers may have trouble hearing you.

-Pay is a bit low- but it's better than having no job.

-Sometimes they have to cut/increase hours - this could be either a pro or con (but usually they only are slow a few times a year)

Advice to Management

Keep your management friendly, Give your staff a better road map of a career path (maybe higher pay or management positions) for your employees- this would entice them to work harder. Besides that- I'd say this is one of the best companies I've worked for call-center wise.

2. "Customer service representative"

Former Employee - Licensed Health Insurance Agent/Customer Service Representative in Sherwood, AR

I worked at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved the fact that I got to make a difference

Cons

Stack ranking wasn't my favorite but it is an incentive for getting the shift that you really want

Advice to Management

I loved working for most of my supervisors but there were a few that could have been more people oriented

3. "Unprofessional and Disorganized"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rockledge, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rockledge, FL

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros that I have seen nor heard. Employees from other offices have to cover since they can't keep enough in one office alone they constantly leave. The pay is less than Walmart I hear. Company is constantly advertising for staff but no one wants to stay at this company.

Cons

Everything so far. Teletech is run by idiots. If you ask for a manager you are told none are on duty. What kind of professionalism is that? Poorly run and extremely disorganized. Classes are rescheduled over and over or just cancelled without notice. Extreme unprofessionalism.

Advice to Management

Hire professionals and you will keep professionals!

TeleTech Response

Jun 16, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

We apologize that your experience with TeleTech didn't match our reputation as a great company to work at. We'll reach out to our team in Rockledge and make sure this isn't happening. Thank you for ... More

4. "Trainer/Team Lead"

Former Employee - Trainer/Team Lead in Ennis, TX
    Former Employee - Trainer/Team Lead in Ennis, TX

I worked at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is quick to give anyone a chance and they rehire more then they new hire.

Cons

They do not keep the employees updated on end dates or scheduals effectively enough when end of season for some projects comes around.

Advice to Management

Notify your employees more effectively of lay off deadlines.

5. "DONT GET COMFORTABLE"

Former Employee - CASE MANAGER/EMAIL/SAFETY in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - CASE MANAGER/EMAIL/SAFETY in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at TeleTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the team leads really care but in the end they can NOT save your job.

Cons

The QA team and Ops Mgr will twist the rules to make it allowable to fire someone unethically.

6. "Sacrifice training to fill the room"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent Advocate Tier I in Paducah, KY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent Advocate Tier I in Paducah, KY

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They obviously trained the first couple of classes effectively to land such an important client as United Healthcare in an area (Western KY) starving for jobs. United Healthcare has a lofty goal of helping medicare senior citizens utilize their medicare plans through agent advocate with compassion and empathy.

Cons

However the minute they proved themselves, they started sacrificing the training to fill the room by having a remote instructor so that all communication had to be via headphone, which is the same headphone you are trying to watch a video through, starting , stopping a video 15 times, because all communication is in your ear Trying to fill the floor they proceeded to try to push at least 90 people to the floor at one week intervals of 30 making classroom activity, call floor activity. Call floor activity is interruptive by nature, but trying to learn there is incomprehensible! To be able to navigate the research databases necessary to give seniors correct answers in addition to compassion and empathy one must be able to comprehend the flow of information through the database of indexes to get to the proper solution. They are there but when every video listened to and every paragraph read is interrupted by conversation in your ear by headphone because they refuse to have an "onsite" instructor, then comprehension ceases. They have people who were well trained to fill the position of onsite instructor, but decline to use them. They would rather have 1 person out of 10 stick than to have 1 full class of 20-30 well trained employees from a "learning environment" in an industry that has high attrition to begin with. What are they thinking??

Well they thought they could use the HOME CSR method to train a class of 30..... on the call floor no less where the radio is playing in the background in addition to 50 people speaking in the ambient environment and 15 people speaking in your ear plus a video that your supposed to comprehend.

Advice to Management

If you do not care how the agents are trained, how can the agents show intelligent compassion ? How is one to comprehend to volume of information necessary to be understood in an environment where you cannot hear yourself think in "training" on a call floor from week 2 of 6 weeks of training? Additionally there is no greater example of an employee nag than Teletech, forcing their employees to clock in an out for even 15 min breaks by way of biometric time clock (8 times a day) when they have a computer program that tracks every minute on the clock. The computers log you off... and track the official time card but here you are standing in line to get to your break where the time is already ticking down on your time. Security does not have to be painful to employees. Your apathy toward ensuring the agents receive the same training UHC designed will ensure you loose this account unless you start comprehensive training in a learning environment with an onsite trainer.

"TeleTech"

Current Employee - Vice President Real-estate in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President Real-estate in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work life balance is available

Cons

Its a great place to work

Advice to Management

No advice, keep up the good work

"P&C insurance agent/customer service rep"

Current Employee - P&C Insurance Agent/Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time

Pros

Steady, (some) room for advancement, 401k, health ins, p4p (bonus), eap, yearly pay raises until the third year of employment

Cons

Repetative. Job caps out at 3 years at 17.50. Mout people will never see advancement opportunities.

9. "CSR Bank of America"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is good for our area.

Cons

Earn bonuses but dont receive them without a fight. We hear you doesn't work HR is not on site. Everyone passes the buck.

10. "Customer Service Agent"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech full-time

Pros

Nice break room, lockers, and different schedules

Cons

typical call center job, no real room for growth

Showing 1,661 of 1,730 reviews