TeleTech Reviews | Glassdoor

1,633 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,633 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Toxic leadership and lack of respect for work life balance (in 31 reviews)

• Upper management is terrible and most of the team leads aren't great either (in 60 reviews)

"Property and Casualty Agent"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greeley, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greeley, CO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Occasional opportunities to advance and benefits including dental, health, and 401K. Training is thorough and well-paced for a variety of employees.

Cons

Training set high expectations for production work, which is not fulfilled. There is an extreme lack of communication between team leads and representatives, questions and inquiries will take weeks to get answers or results. Mostly, it is extremely difficult to build rapport with anyone other than your teammates during training. There is rarely downtime in between calls, and chit chat in any down time is frowned upon. There is no "culture" nor team building and makes the environment feel very callous.

Advice to Management

Produce a culture and create a friendly work environment.

Feb 9, 2016 – Social Media Specialist

Thanks for sharing your review. We'll be sure to take note of the things we need to improve.

2. "Hard company to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at TeleTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most fun I ever had

Cons

The directions changed to much

Advice to Management

Start with a plan and allow your team to execute.

"Decent Job"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Montgomery, AL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Montgomery, AL

Pros

The option for Work@Home is great

Cons

Pay is low
    mostly seasonal positions

Advice to Management

too much of a revolving door with team leads-no steady support with tech issues.

Feb 5, 2016 – Social Media Specialist

Our work from home has been really convenient for a lot of our employees but like all things, it's far from perfect. Thanks for sharing with us your concerns, we'll make sure to work on those. ... More

"This is my honest assessment working here."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Morgantown, WV
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Morgantown, WV

I worked at TeleTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, excellent benefits, work experience in banking and credit cards. Very easy interview and testing. The work experience gained will allow you to understand banking and you can take the knowledge gained to other jobs. The experience gained will allow you further your education if you want to get into banking. Great entry level job to get your foot in the door. I loved the system we used to work on accounts very efficient. I also loved helping the customers calling in. Helping people made my day which I consider it to be a excellent perk.

Cons

The metrics are impossible to meet and are set up in such a way to make you fail. You may have perfect metrics but then they can micro manage your calls. All can lead to write ups and possible termination. There is a high turnover rate with employees. Customers who call in often call back 2-5 times due to agents transferring them to other departments and not solving the issue. This is done to keep talk time down and avoid a bad CEW score. The system is set up in such a way that you can be fired for not meeting goals; however, there are many other things you can be fired for such as attendance, transferring customers too much warm or cold which is considered call avoidance, bad CEWS, high talk time which is not your fault when you do your job handling first call resolution. Often you are doing a number of things that can take longer that 5 minutes such as answering questions, account work (often customers have more than one account & questions), account reviews, trouble shooting, research, and other daily services that we are expected to provide/resolve. If you are doing lost/stolen CEWS should not be held against you because it is not the CSR's fault all departments are closed which includes call escalations. It is not the CSR's fault we can not do any account maintenance either on lost/stolen days. For SC it needs to be simplified to speed the time it takes to research. Often the section you need is found at the bottom which you just wasted 3 minutes digging for. It needs to be restructured to make it faster to find. If you use the bathroom when you are supposed to be on the floor they will deduct the time from your pay. The unaccounted time window is very small. If you come in and you are sick and you have to use the bathroom more you will see the time deducted from your pay if you go over your unaccounted time. This has happened to many people. This can also lead to a write up and possible termination. It is considered call avoidance. No matter what you do there is always the threat of being fired which is the main reason for the high turnover rate. The work life balance is not good and can be very stressful. If you decide to become a blended agent meaning you can service deposits and credit card accounts there is no increase in pay. You make the same amount. You become more available for over time and you can be promoted to a Coach/TL position which is the benefit of becoming blended. You will be responsible for handling two different accounts and you must be updated for any changes which can happen daily. You are doing twice the work for the same pay which is unfair. This also will change your metrics which can have a negative impact resulting in write ups and termination. When it comes to bad CEWS we were told if you did everything you were supposed to do it could be scrubbed. This is untrue and you will still be held accountable for bad CEWS even though you did your job perfectly. Often customers will call in wanting fees and credits put back on their account and very rarely is it a bank error. Often it is the customers responsibility and fault for not properly handling their bank account or credit card. When they are told the fee has been properly assessed and must remain on the account that will lead to a automatic bad CEW which the CSR gets even though you did everything correctly to help educate that customer to avoid being charged in the future. If you are not good dealing with customers (angry, unsatisfied, unsure, desperate, confused, etc) this is not the job for you. Often you will deal with a variety of personalities that are calling in with a variety of problems. You must be able to handle people no matter what mood the person is experiencing on the other line. You have to be calm, professional, polite, and understanding no matter what they say. It is a lot of pressure dealing with customers, but the company metrics along with micro management creates high stress wondering if you will be fired today.

Advice to Management

I suggest hiring a outside Human Resource consultant to work with your Human Capital, and talk to your employees. It is a shame that you offer great pay and benefits but the turnover rate is exceptionally high due to the current metric system. Stop making your employees feel that they can be fired any second. There is no job security which creates high stress, and a poor outlook for your employees. As a former employee you feel that no matter what you do there is always something management can find and fire you for. This creates a negative atmosphere and unpleasant work experience. Dealing with the customers is easier than constantly being micro managed by management every time you take a call. The stress created is not worth the pay and creates a hostile work environment for the employee.

"Beware."

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Springfield, MO

Pros

They don't care about you. Seriously. You get to blend in.

Cons

They don't care about you. They done even cre about family deaths.

"It's a great place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Rockledge, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Rockledge, FL

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everybody is so friendly!!!

Cons

The break room food, they need to chg it up some

Advice to Management

Great job. Keep up the good job

Jan 12, 2016 – Social Media Specialist

Thanks for the 5 stars! It truly means a lot to get feedback like this.

"training couch(Licensed)"

Former Employee - Licensed Health Insurance Agent in Corsicana, TX
    Former Employee - Licensed Health Insurance Agent in Corsicana, TX

I worked at TeleTech (More than a year)

Pros

close to home,decent pay, bit it changes with the client

Cons

tell you things, or promise you money and never come through with it.

Advice to Management

GET ORGANIZED

"Still waiting to be paid properly"

Current Employee - Licensed Insurance Sales Agent in Rockledge, FL
    Current Employee - Licensed Insurance Sales Agent in Rockledge, FL

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the worst possible place to work. You will be lucky to get paid, let alone paid what you are promised. They even mess with your time card, so you have to constantly check daily to make sure all of your hours are accounted for and keep a personal log of hrs worked. It took them 2 months to finally pay me my back pay they didn't pay me for. They even paid me the wrong wage less than I was supposed to be paid. Promised incentives and bonuses. Still haven't seen those. Management makes promises at the rockledge location that they never keep. The locations project manager is never there and when he is, he's playing games on his computer, then leaves early. He doesn't even know the products or have knowledge of the products offered for the clients. Team support is a joke, nobody knows what is going on. And they have everyone one worried about loosing thier jobs constantly. They fire people in large groups In front of colleagues while they are working with coming calls.

Cons

Management is terrible
    No team support
    Your lucky if you actually get a pay check
    Lied about bonuses
    Lied about incentives they promised
    Fire colleagues in front of other team members in large groups

Advice to Management

Follow through with promises and learn to pay your employees what they earned. Don't fire people in front of team members.

10. "Unfortunace"

Current Employee - Provider Service Advocate in Ennis, TX
    Current Employee - Provider Service Advocate in Ennis, TX

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Locally based and easy to apply and be hired.

Cons

The pay is laughable, even for the area to which it employs.

Advice to Management

Up the pay, properly train ALL staff on the systems and contracts utilized therein.

11. "Great"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in McAllen, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in McAllen, TX

Pros

Just great place to work, good pay, young people

Cons

They need more people, can't really say anything bad without lying. If you dont like to work dont apply for this one thats it

Advice to Management

Aknowledge more those who to a hard work

Jan 18, 2016 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for the 5 stars! We're delighted you liked working with TeleTech! Good luck on your future career!

Showing 1,633 of 1,700 reviews