TeleTech Reviews | Glassdoor

1,591 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,591 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • No work life balance, certain campaigns require you to work 10 (in 30 reviews)

• This is a call center job with pretty tight security measures (in 45 reviews)

1. "Great Company to work for"

Former Employee - Programmer/Data Ana in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Programmer/Data Ana in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small business atmosphere, lots of ability to affect change, and your questions and concerns were always addressed

Cons

There's no opportunity for advancement, really, within the company.

Advice to Management

Focus on building plans for employee advancement.

Mar 16, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thanks for the great feedback! We do really care about our employees and we're glad all your concerns were met during your time here. That's unfortunate if you feel there were no opportunities for ... More

"Watch out!"

Former Employee - Safety & Security Agent in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Safety & Security Agent in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many clients to work for, find the right fit.

Cons

Fired for cursing, AFTER the call ended.

Advice to Management

Consider how long someone has worked for you, be sure you are making a decision based on ALL the facts, not just one person's opinion, ensure that you disclose ALL information to ALL employees. It is unfair to put someone on a final and tell them not to do something while on A CALL, but if they do it OFF a call fire them anyway.

Apr 4, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thanks for the review. Do you mind sending us an email at socialmediateam@teletech.com so we can look further into this incident? We'll wait for your message.

"Beware!!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at TeleTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedules, nice people,

Cons

If you get fired the company will say you resigned just so you can't get unemployment benefits. Hard to get verification of anything once your gone.

Advice to Management

When a former needs verification of employment and reason for termination it shouldn't be so hard to get

"Stressful Job"

Former Employee - Dispatcher in Morgantown, WV
    Former Employee - Dispatcher in Morgantown, WV

I worked at TeleTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of over time opportunities

Cons

Customers are angry idiots and also they switch around what team you're on every couple months you have to relocate your seating and have new TL which will either be helpful or useless

Advice to Management

My friend was just fired there after being there almost 2 years he was always professional compared to a lot of other working there especially management. He was let go for "too many escalations" when he had no prior warnings for that. Teletext has a 3 strike policy and allow you to track your performance to avoid this sort of thing. This is totally unfair! This job (unless you move up) is just talking to idiots who can't manage their bank account and get posed when you canthink give their fees back. Fees are 90% of the calls and yes they are upset and will ask for a manager most of the time! How can you get rid of someone for this. Tally unacceptable. Aside from this when I worked there I had to have an ADA form to allow me to go to the restroom any time I needed without it affecting my stats. They made me jump through hoops. It wasn't enough to get a signed document from my doctor but I had to upland it to a website and wait for 2 months before it was finally approved and my TL gave me false information about how it worked. I was told whatever time I took for ADA would come out of my break time. I had to go to a higher up and speak with him about it. Very annoying job and very stressful to deal with customers let alone your superiors.

6. "Okay If You Can Handle Negativity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You have almost 2 months of paid training which is just hanging out most of the time (depending on trainer). You have a possibility for bonuses if you are a top performing agent. People are pretty nice.

Cons

You are dealing with upset bank customers 95% of the time so if you don't like constant negativity this isn't the job for you. It can really make you feel down after working there a while (my opinion that is shared by others I worked there with).

Mar 29, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for the review. We're glad you enjoyed the paid training and incentives for performing employees. Sometimes, dealing with upset customers can be challenging. My advice for you is not to ... More

"VP Sales"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Judi Hands leadership. Many management changes. As the new sales leader Judi is providing strong and decisive leadership which has been lacking

Cons

To many layers to get anything approved and completed. Not competitive for the services offered even though senior management thinks they are.

Advice to Management

Need to make more streamlined

Mar 20, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for the review. We're glad you like what the new leadership brings, and we're glad too that you're sharing what you think the company needs to improve on. We're always going to strive to ... More

8. "It depends on what project you work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're full time they will always have a place for you. Hard to get fired from there if you show up and are not a complete bafoon.

Cons

Very few chances to actually move up. Bonuses are unfairly determined. The less work you do the more likely you are to get a bonus as it is more difficult to find fault in a small amount of work. Pay is not competitive in most projects. You can make a lot more money in other call centers. You're treated like a high schooler. Dress code, no food at your station, and have to leave your phone in your locker. Lockers do not have cameras near them which causes a ton of theft. Not allowed to verify employment so no matter how hard you work your managers would never be able to confirm it to another prospective employer if you wanted to move on to something better. Constant schedule changes.

Advice to Management

Focus more on employee retention as opposed to bringing in new employees. Wouldn't need a monthly job fair if people stopped quitting.

"Truth"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Paducah, KY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Paducah, KY

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You have nice co-workers and good benefits.

Cons

Communication problems and no raises and no opportunity to advanced and favoritism

"Quality Assurance Specialist"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helping others (agents, team leads, managers, etc.)
    Self-paced

Cons

Management handles situations poorly.
    Low pay for all the job duties.
    Not a warm, friendly or team environment.

Advice to Management

Put more value into your agents, they do a lot of work to be compensated so low, they put on many hats.

Mar 16, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thanks for the review! We're glad you find joy in helping your co-workers at work. Each year, management really tries to leverage employee salary and benefit. We'll do our best to provide you with ... More

"A great foot in the door"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Westlake, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Westlake, OH

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So working here for myself meant a great foot in the door. Not only do you have the opportunity to gain customer service experience, but you also have the benefits that come with it. After 30 days you can get a Fitbit from 17-60$ from the basic model to the Fitbit Charge. And another great part of having worked with Teletech is that they are a 3rd party Call Center for Nissan and it's subsidiaries. So I got a chance to work under Infiniti(The Luxury Brand). And that will help when applying to future positions.

Cons

On the flip side, when Infiniti no longer needed us. Come to find out that they laid us off and tried to make up for it by reducing our pay rate from 11 to 10$ an hour to work for a different department. The worst part is that there was no notice at all, and upon employment was never notified that the job was temporary. They just pulled us aside and had a meeting letting us know we will be losing our jobs and offered the lower rate position to those people that wanted to stay. Oh and another huge issue was that Teletech never had a contract through Infiniti. So in the end Teletech screwed us between the buttcheeks and we had nothing to do besides go with the flow.
    Just a footnote upon the position changing our schedules changed making it extremely inconvienient to get to work.

Advice to Management

Don't list your job description on Indeed saying "Career advancement opportunities" and "Competitive pay" and then drop a whole group of employees pay a dollar and expect no one to say anything about it.

Mar 16, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you're able to maximize the work experience at TeleTech. Laying off employees is very hard and certainly isn't our favorite thing to do. Although these things ... More

Showing 1,591 of 1,653 reviews