TeleTech Reviews in Springfield, MO | Glassdoor

TeleTech Chairman and CEO Kenneth D. Tuchman
Kenneth D. Tuchman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Need better work life balance policies (in 36 reviews)

• The team leads are not trained in the department that they are watching (in 69 reviews)

1. "Talent Acquisition Specialist II"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist II in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist II in Springfield, MO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You walk through the door and you feel like you are family

Cons

I don't know of any

Advice to Management

Always remain positive and encourage your agents

2. "Not good."

Former Employee - USAA MSR in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - USAA MSR in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech (More than a year)

Pros

Some coworkers were pretty nice

Cons

Team lead was unprofessional
    Training style

Advice to Management

Y Cord sooner, make sure your trainers have a plan for training each day, and have it reviewed by upper management.

On the floor team leads were unprofessional.

3. "Customer loyalty"

Former Employee - Customer Loyalty Representative in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Loyalty Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Happy to help customers with any issues they might have. Quick typer, multitasker.

Cons

Don't like when people bother me when I'm working.

Advice to Management

If need to improve tell me and show me what I can do to correct the issue I messed up on.

"It paid the bills."

Former Employee - Technical Service Representative in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Technical Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It would be fairly easy to move up and/or get a raise as long as you were competent and reliable.
    If you do well in a temporary project, they will contact you for a rehire.
    The sign on bonus or referral bonuses are great!

Cons

The building was constructed to increase depression. The walls are dark and/or bland.
    If there is a dress code it isn't enforced and so the overall feel of the place is somewhat unprofessional.
    The general attitude of the other employees is somewhat dark and or cynical.
    The general attitude of the managers is often condescendingly/obnoxiously cheerful.

Advice to Management

Keep your personal life to yourself especially if you want any respect and especially if you want to inspire those under you strive for greater results.

Don't promise bonuses you aren't going to grant. Fire project managers immediately if they do this.

TeleTech Response

Jun 30, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thanks for the review! We're glad you liked the bonuses and the opportunity to move up the career ladder. Thanks for letting us know your thoughts about the building and work environment. Each year... More

"Save yourself the stress. This place offers nothing for what it does to you."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The USAA project the only secure project at the Springfield location, as the rest of the projects rarely stay for more than a year. If your willing to commit your adult working life and have a chunk taken out of your pay there are insurance and 401k benefits. You can keep a low profile if you don't try to ask or suggest anything of management.

Cons

Zero communication in consideration to the constantly changing rules of the client. The only way to know anything is to get into good favor with a team lead. If you're in good favor with a team lead you'll be able to join the team lead's near eight hour huddle around their desk and almost never have to work.

Getting into the good graces or not having much a life outside of work seems to be the only way someone could advance in the company.

Most of the employees look like survivors of a nuclear holocaust. Tons of enormously overweight people or rail thin, scary skinny people to maneuver around between the entrance and your desk. They will not get out of your way either no matter the amount of 'excuse mes".

Due to the level of society TeleTech employees from you're going to witness a lot of rude, obnoxious behavior. Name calling, laughing at others by those who look at least 50 happens all the time. Big loud maniacal laughs that honest to God sound like they're from a mentally challenged person are heard at all hours of the day. The whole lack of containment is a trait of lower class people. There's a mouse and cockroach infestation, but to the company's credit it's likely due to an outside source.

Dress code adherence is impossible due to how much you're paid, and especially for males who have a more defined dress code, while females have a "anything not skanky" dress code. Management seems to be aware of this, so they don't press it too much.

Tons of immature guys playing with children's toys at their desk, and some these guys make me glad children aren't allowed on the campus.

There isn't any kind of stimulation allowed if you happen to work in the credit card or fraud section of the USAA floor.

Calls from military veterans and those currently servicing in the military are easy and polite calls due to the nature of most of those in the military, but you'll take calls from people who aren't in military and never were who call in just to make small talk, chit-chat, brag about their vacation or boring life, trying to make themselves feel superior and expect 100% emotional investment. The most upsetting thing about this is that there are injured veterans who are waiting on hold, and who will never bring up injuries, yet mostly middle aged and old women will prattle on and on about how unfairly they're treated.

Advice to Management

Teletech, you've made it clear that you don't care. You never will. I'll never forgive your company for what trouble you've caused me. You treat humans like cheap slaves. I'm telling you now that you're on your way of painting yourself in a corner, and when that finally happens it's "good bye, Springfield". You'll have to find another city to suck the life out of.

"P&C insurance agent/customer service rep"

Current Employee - P&C Insurance Agent/Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time

Pros

Steady, (some) room for advancement, 401k, health ins, p4p (bonus), eap, yearly pay raises until the third year of employment

Cons

Repetative. Job caps out at 3 years at 17.50. Mout people will never see advancement opportunities.

7. "Customer Service Agent"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech full-time

Pros

Nice break room, lockers, and different schedules

Cons

typical call center job, no real room for growth

"Worst Company I have ever worked for"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech (More than a year)

Pros

Team Leads try but the culture at Teletech does not favor employees. Pretty good benefits. Low pay for the responsibility.

Cons

This company does not care about employees. Worked in USAA unit on fraud and account takeover. They trained us and then moved us to another discipline. Training was a circus with little discipline in class. Lousy sick pay allowances. The company clearly worships money at the expense of employees.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring good people who want to make a difference. You don't work to keep them happy. Hire losers who will not care if they are screwed around.

"It's better then some but it lacks real dynamic."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Best Buy in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Best Buy in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy interview, classroom learning was focused enough to give you basic skills and pay was enough if you got and easy job like Best Buy.

Cons

For the pay they demand high adherence to metrics and can sometimes push you to sell when you morally do not agree or else!

Advice to Management

Pay your performers better. Take feedback on performance of supersvisors seriously and don't try to take Christmas bonuses away from employees who fulfilled all the mega overtime requirements. .....like don't even try it's stressful and demented.

"Pretty bad place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money and some good friendships made

Cons

Dirty floors, desks, illness spread like crazy. You only get 3 sick days a year and many people used those the first month of the year due to all the nasty people there. Everyone around me was sick and had to come to work because they had no time to use. Guess what? The rest of us got sick too. It is hard to come to work because it is so drab and depressing in there. You can't see outside, no books, no paper, nothing. You want to kill yourself on some days, it is so depressing in there. I'm only there for the pay, but will be leaving soon. They had a temp trainer that made fun of people behind their backs, and made everyone afraid to ask her a question in class so they consulted with each other. When she saw them talking, she told them to stop. They were lost. The only way to get ahead into a new position is to be liked by a certain team lead that works there. It is a miserable existence for most of us. The best part is leaving at the end of the day.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the reps, they will tell the truth about how they feel. Have sick time be accumulative like other call centers. Favoritism is so ovvious, make it stop!

Showing 99 of 1,978 reviews