TeleTech Reviews in Springfield, MO | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
TeleTech Chairman and CEO Kenneth D. Tuchman
Kenneth D. Tuchman

Pros
Cons
  • No work life balance, certain campaigns require you to work 10 (in 30 reviews)

• This is a call center job with pretty tight security measures (in 44 reviews)

1. "Great Company to work for"

Former Employee - Programmer/Data Ana in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Programmer/Data Ana in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small business atmosphere, lots of ability to affect change, and your questions and concerns were always addressed

Cons

There's no opportunity for advancement, really, within the company.

Advice to Management

Focus on building plans for employee advancement.

Mar 16, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thanks for the great feedback! We do really care about our employees and we're glad all your concerns were met during your time here. That's unfortunate if you feel there were no opportunities for ... More

"I read these negative reviews, I went to work there, I'm adding to these negative reviews"

Former Employee - Member Services Agent in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Member Services Agent in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Insurance is cheap if you're single, no kids, and you don't smoke. You get to sit on your butt for eight hours. That's about it.

Cons

They lie to you. My team lead admitted corporate screwed me over over mistakes that corporate had made. Nothing they could or would do. You also know by people's color of lanyard how long they've been at Teletech. Green means a year or more. I hit that mark, and nothing, no acknowledgement, no award, no nothing. My team lead had no idea about how long I'd been there. Three weeks after my year was up, this person tossed a green lanyard to me, no congratulations, no certificate, no nothing. Folks, there's a reason why this place has an over 40% turnover. Right now only a handful of the agents that were here a year ago are still here. If you can operate a computer and have reasonable ethics, they can use you; for the computer, not the ethics. Corporate is a group of anonymous pinheads in the Philippines. This job is for experience, nothing more. I came here for a years worth of recent work history, and I got it. You won't make a career here unless you become team lead or get into sales.

Advice to Management

If the managers at Springfield Teletech did actually read the advice on glassdoor, you might not be losing over half your staff every three months.

3. "It depends on what project you work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're full time they will always have a place for you. Hard to get fired from there if you show up and are not a complete bafoon.

Cons

Very few chances to actually move up. Bonuses are unfairly determined. The less work you do the more likely you are to get a bonus as it is more difficult to find fault in a small amount of work. Pay is not competitive in most projects. You can make a lot more money in other call centers. You're treated like a high schooler. Dress code, no food at your station, and have to leave your phone in your locker. Lockers do not have cameras near them which causes a ton of theft. Not allowed to verify employment so no matter how hard you work your managers would never be able to confirm it to another prospective employer if you wanted to move on to something better. Constant schedule changes.

Advice to Management

Focus more on employee retention as opposed to bringing in new employees. Wouldn't need a monthly job fair if people stopped quitting.

"Customer Service"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent Benefits, employee discounts.

Mediocre compensation

Cons

Very repetitive
    Not much opportunity for advancement

Feb 7, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thanks for the feedback! We're glad you liked the benefits and employee discounts available for you. You know, each year management really tries its best to leverage your pay. We've certainly ... More

6. "Great place to build a career"

Current Employee - Lead Trainer in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Lead Trainer in Springfield, MO

Pros

Rapid advancement is typical. Thorough training and support for advancement is always available. Clean and comfortable work environment. Pay is above average for the market. Leadership is almost completely homegrown and still very aware of what it's like to be on the phones.

Cons

Communication is always a challenge when so many clients are all under one roof. Coordinating a unified message between internal and external clients can be challenging at times.

Jan 11, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thanks for the great review! TeleTech is really big on creating a great working environment for its employees. And you're absolutely right, there's opportunity for career advancement which we'll even ... More

7. "Quality Assurance Specialist"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They train on the job, no previous experience necessary.

Cons

It is an online-sales-type of job.

Advice to Management

Promote more people to the quality assurance level, it gives incentive to achieve excellence, and recognition to the representative.

Jan 4, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thanks for the review! We're glad you liked our training, we make sure you're equipped with all the tools and information you need to do your job well. Each year, we review our benefits and ... More

"Banking - Deposit Service Representative"

Current Employee - Deposits Member Service Representative in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Deposits Member Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at TeleTech part-time

Pros

A/C in summer and heat in winter in the building, benefits for full-time employees only, a cafeteria with okay food selection at okay prices, high priced vending machines available

Cons

This call center company offers no benefits to part-time workers, pays wages below the federal poverty guidelines in the majority of their positions in Springfield Missouri, and hires supervisors with no people skills. Poor equipment: computers that crash & headsets that you can not hear with. Regarding the Banking line of business: No appeals process in place for the employee regarding Member Satisfaction Survey's. The employee is always wrong and told "I am sure there was something else your could have done/said."

Advice to Management

Do not discriminate between part-time and full-time workers when selecting people from within to move to another line of business. This company has overlooked very qualified employees and hired people off of the street instead of asking all top performing employees if they would like to move to another line of business that paid higher wages. A slap in the face to current hard working dedicated employees. Buy new headsets and hire enough IT personnel to keep computers running smoothly.

Feb 1, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for the review. We apologize that your experience with TeleTech hasn't matched our reputation as a great company to work at. We do try our best to offer as much as we can to the ... More

"From the largest project at sgf site"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I put 3 purely because of benefits, it's hard to beat their benefits and compensation, it's better than average for any other entry level jobs you will find in Springfield and you get to just sit down and talk to people across the country every day.
    Paid, scheduled and guaranteed breaks.
    Benefits: 401k, health/dental/vision, hsa/fsa, discounts, company sponsored life and add ins, company contributions to some benefits, other benefits during open enrollment.
    You can get pay incentives if you don't end up getting cheated out of them.
    Scheduling can be flexible on other projects but some are more rigid like MSAS, they do work with school schedules and that's it, you'll have a hard time with any other exceptions being made on this side. The one key difference is in-chair time. If you have a call center project that is going for in-chair time it is much less flexible but you will get your hours guaranteed and may be able to work overtime but drawback, you are less likely to get time off and may have to trade days to get what you want off. In contrast, when you get on a project where the client does not care about in-chair time but rather call volume, you are more likely to be able to go home early(VTO) everyday or get sent home on most days that aren't busy but you're taking a cut out of your paycheck because it can get addictive but is also unreliable. It's up to you what you find more beneficial because Teletech has both kinds of projects but more often you will get call volume projects.
    Despite the atmosphere, there are a lot of people you will meet, a lot of coworkers come to work and don't care about what they do, but you also will find there are quite a few that do care about people and will care about you.
    vending machines that take cards.
    updated bathrooms.
    Allow you to have some items, depending on the project, books/cards etc.
    Allows you to have clear bags as an alternative to no bag behind the wall.

Cons

Computers. Slow systems and pulling up applications is always an issue with nearly all of the computers and they rarely get fixed and they will end up doing the same things and they have not allowed for this with your start up time.
    Speaking of pay incentives, they haven't found a way to accurately measure and weigh stats comparatively for people who take calls and those who don't, broken or on special projects, so good luck earning pay when you're competing against people who don't take calls and have no handle time and are weighed differently(and unfairly) than you, they also have drawbacks if you do end up on one of those projects because you may still take calls but not everyday or not for long, so one bad call could ruin your stats.
    There are also a lot of errors in stats, sometimes scheduling but especially in the case of your stats, they will never get fixed. Bad surveys follow you for months even if they aren't your fault.
    Hard work is often frowned upon at this project and not rewarded and it's not even encouraged. It seems that they would rather have people who are drones whether they do things wrong or not.
    People that make errors on a regular basis are often protected, while someone who makes an error once or does something everyone has done may get canned because often there is a bias for or against people and targeting of certain people by certain team leads. Most of them are witch-hunters, not even a lie. Management will also come after you for no reason or for the site or Teletech's technical issues or because they feel like it.
    Often it's the corrupt people that get to the top.
    You will also not get opportunities unless you're associated with the right people, thus they often go to people who don't work as hard or are less qualified and you'll be told they're no longer available.
    Teletech often and especially on this project gets very clique-ey and some people will have a problem with you when you just come to work and do your job everyday.
    The training at Teletech is a joke. It is a huge waste of time and you will be put on the floor without adequate information guaranteed, no doubt about it. This can be true with any call center though, there is no way to prepare you for every call you will get on the floor. The floor is where you learn everything and if anyone tells you otherwise they haven't been on the floor enough to know. This will be after weeks of training, however. Teletech is rampant with misinformation and outdated information because they have a hard time keeping people up to date and informing agents of updates until they're supposedly in effect, red-tape with clients and a lack of motivation prevents them from fixing this situation. You will get in trouble for doing the right thing and the wrong thing because of it even if you're given the wrong information, even by trainers or team leads or floorwalkers/coaches.
    Team Leads are very distracted, they often don't actually listen to you. If you ask two of them the same question, you will get two different answers and they will both tell you the other is wrong.
    Lighting. I don't recommend working behind the wall period but especially because you lose the natural lighting (and tv).
    Lunch theft.
    Parking sucks, it will be a race and your spot will be gone if you leave and come back, there are also not enough handicap parking spots on both major sides of the building for the amount of people that work mon-fri and sometimes even saturdays.
    If you can deal with all of the drama, cheers to you but it will get to you someday. Be smart.
    The music. If they shut off the music it'd be so much better. I think we were stuck on the same horrible oldies songs, not even classics, for about 6 months before anything was done about it, it might be ok now they threw in a few more of those songs.

Advice to Management

Get off your high horse or find a different job. Promote people that actually put in the work and care about other people. Take a step back, seriously. The insider corruption with promotions is what has you in such a disaster, dysfunctional workplace because you don't care about the skilled people, you throw them under a bus instead. You lose people left and right because of all of the issues here, you can't even keep new people here anymore. Management is not a pretty pedestal as you all are treating it.

"Run away as fast as you can."

Current Employee - USAA MSR in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - USAA MSR in Springfield, MO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

How do I come up with 20 words about the pros of working for Teletech. Team leads try to help. They are the only ones with empathy for employees, probably because they were line level employees themselves. I have had a workmans comp claim for over 8 weeks but nothing has been done about it.

Cons

Team Leads try to make things bearable but they are hindered by the company culture which cares more for the customers and profits than its employees. Further, a part of every day is spent fighting outdated computers, phone systems and software. It goes down at least once a day. Promises made are not kept. They expect 100% from employees but don't hold themselves to the same standard.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your front line employees. Know that satisfied employees make for happy (USAA) members.

Nov 28, 2016 – Social Media Specialist

We apologize that your experience with TeleTech didn't match our reputation as a great company to work in. Management and IT are aware of the system issues and are doing their best to resolve this ... More

"Health Solutions Insurance Sales"

Current Employee - Health Insurance Agent in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Health Insurance Agent in Springfield, MO

Pros

Good Pay
    Steady Schedule
    Work with school schedule

Cons

Management only cares about the numbers.
    No recognition for a job well done
    NO advancement opportunities
    Hard to get vacation time you have earned approved

Sep 5, 2016 – Social Media Specialist

Thanks for the feedback. Getting a time off at work becomes challenging specially during the early days of employment, but we do give that liberally once you become full time.

Showing 90 of 1,608 reviews