TeleTech Technical Support Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
TeleTech Chairman and CEO Kenneth D. Tuchman
Kenneth D. Tuchman

Pros
Cons
  • Does not promote a healthy work life balance (in 32 reviews)

• a few team leads communicate well and others like mine didn't have the soft skills (in 61 reviews)

1. "They are a decent company and they definitely take care of their employees."

Current Contractor - Technical Support Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Contractor - Technical Support Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at TeleTech as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

You can work from home and don't need a house phone which is rare
    Great training
    Possible room for growth
    There is always somebody there to help if you have trouble with anything

Cons

The pay is average, should be more opportunity for overtime or bonuses
    A lot of information to learn in a short time

"It's work..."

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great entry-level position as a Technical Support/Customer Service Representative.
    Possibility to be pulled into other projects or initiatives.
    Good pay for location.

Cons

The training experience was horrible.
    Training was highly disorganized, seemed very unprepared to take on as many associates as they hired.

Advice to Management

Consider assembling a new-hire package and emailing them to associates to fill out 1-2 weeks ahead of first day so it stream-lines our on-boarding process.

Jan 31, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thanks for the review! We're glad you like the work and the pay you're getting at TeleTech. We apologize if the training course wasn't as neat as it should've been. We will definitely look into it ... More

"wah"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Akron, OH

I worked at TeleTech (Less than a year)

Pros

work from home position, paid training

Cons

threatens your job day1 and all throughout training

Advice to Management

make a worker feel welcome instead of telling them how they WILL be fired for ...

Dec 8, 2016 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for the review. We're glad you liked the benefits of working from home and the paid training. We apologize if the communication and motivation were done in a negative way, it's always ... More

4. "Awesome Job !"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative/Customer Service Representative in Hopkinsville, KY

Pros

Different clients , great benefits , amazing training , interview process and job offer process fast

Cons

Pay rate , nothing else I can think of

Advice to Management

Management is pretty decent with each other the clients I've worked with. I've worked with seasonal clients such as intuit , and United health care and I've worked with a permanent client USAA. I can truly say USAA was probably the most interesting out of all of them but I would return to any of them in a heart beat. I've never had an issue with management they are very understanding especially during times of family emergencies! They also work around school schedules!

Oct 3, 2016 – Social Media Specialist

Thanks for the 5 stars! And thank you for working at TeleTech. It's so good to hear that you've had a great relationship with our clients. I know this might be late for you but we recently launched ... More

5. "Great company to work for, Iam a seasonal tech support agent from work at home for a teletech project."

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Macon, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Macon, GA

I have been working at TeleTech part-time (More than a year)

Pros

the best thing about the company is they have set schedule for working at home employees and they give good opportunities for those people who love technology and want to make their career in tech field.

Cons

You have to do your best and use all the resources given by a company to assist the customer to resolve their tech issues.

6. "Ok company"

Former Employee - Technical Support Tax Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Technical Support Tax Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at TeleTech (Less than a year)

Pros

Love the Flexible work schedule, and easy to navigate systems.

Cons

The supervisors was unorganized and is never prepared to start the shift.

"candid critique from an AMERICAN"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at TeleTech part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

About the only positive thing I can say about working for TeleTech is that it felt good to be able to help customers who called in and actually fix their problems, and have them express genuine gratitude for the assistance. Those occasional moments of appreciation were what kept me going.

Cons

I had the misfortune of being employed by TeleTech as a work-from-home phone agent, providing technical support for TurboTax customers. The job lasted 6 months, and the levels of utter cluelessness, mismanagement, and short-sighted incompetence were baffling. The stubborn reliance upon badly flawed software like SalesForce and IC-Client was extraordinary. Customer service would suffer greatly from daily glitches, while us phone reps would have to scramble to give customers excuses for whatever technical problem happened to come up that day.

Calls were routinely dropped and customers hung up on when us employees attempted to transfer them to another department. Dealing with angry customers was a soul-sucking experience, which was made even worse by the fact that us employees felt powerless to do anything about it to actually effect change, our hands tied by the restrictive policies and multiple layers of "chain of command" at both TeleTech and Intuit (parent company of TurboTax).

Most departments at TeleTech refuse to even take phone calls, instead choosing to hide behind their emails and only offer online or "chat" support, most notably the Human Resources dept. There was a ton of offshoring to foreign countries, along with indecipherable accents, badly-worded corporate communications riddled with typos and poor grammar, and a fundamental lack of understanding of US culture and communication styles. If you call up your local cable provider or credit card company, and are frustrated to get some clueless foreign rep stationed in whatever unknown country overseas, TeleTech is one of the driving forces behind that happening.

Working at this job had all the frustration of the red-tape and hopeless bureaucracy of a government entity, and the mind-numbing inefficiency right along with it. The month of "virtual training" we had didn't prepare us at all for the "real world" day-to-day customer problems we would encounter, and getting paid less than $10/hour for all this was an insult. Just watch the movie "Idiocracy" for an idea of how this company operates: the ignorant arrogant over-reliance on automated systems and flawed software replacing the logic of actual people. Sad, really.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more than $10/hour for starters. Reexamine the hapless inflexible over-reliance on technology that doesn't work. Have higher standards for the glitchy 3rd-party software employees rely on to do their jobs.

"Wonderful place to work."

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Ennis, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Ennis, TX

I worked at TeleTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is there to assist you in learning. The staff is friendly and very helpful. You can advance quickly.

Cons

No text books, and some of the "smart" people can't always teach what they know. My only regret was that I didn't change classes to someone I know would have been able to teach me in ways that my trainer could not.

Advice to Management

Upper Management is fine. They as so willing to assist you and help you succeed. You have to get with the right person to be able to take advantage of the knowledge they have to give to you.

"The experience with the company was great however management need help. The perks of the company were great with me."

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Ennis, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Ennis, TX

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The breaks at the touch of the computer. The food places down the street.

Cons

The lunch breaks were short it seems long but it not. not able to retain water because of talking.

Advice to Management

Be on time for everything they will hold it against you

10. "Great company to work with"

Former Contractor - Technical Support Representative in Canaveral As, FL
    Former Contractor - Technical Support Representative in Canaveral As, FL

I worked at TeleTech as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Everything meaning every single thing

Cons

Nothing meaning not any thing