Telecare Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Anne L. Bakar

Pros
  • Great team of people to work with (in 9 reviews)

• Good benefits and working environment (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • High turn around, low pay, high stress, position duties depend a lot in administrator (in 10 reviews)

• If mental health is that common, than surely staff may also have special needs (in 6 reviews)

1. "PSC 2"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

I have been working at Telecare Corporation part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free CPR training, Flexible Scheduling, Good Benefits

Cons

Fighting for more hours, pay wages

2. "People may come and go, but they often come back to Telecare"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked at Telecare for 15 years in a variety of settings (inpatient and outpatient). I have found Telecare to be extremely ethical, conscientious, supportive of growth and inspiring. I have seen people leave for larger or more profitable companies and many of them return. It is the culture, diversity and working together towards positive outcomes for our client's that brings us together.

Cons

It's apparently hard to work elsewhere once you've experienced the Telecare Way.

Advice to Management

Great job!

3. "8 years and COUNTING!"

Current Employee - Administrator in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Administrator in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love working for a company whose philosophy is Recovery. RCCS is not only something that we used with members but we also use with each other. Telecare's Recovery Philosophy, is what drive treatment here! I love how corporate helps guide us with new initiatives, all while listening to what we need at the program level. Telecare is a great place to work!

Cons

Telecare is growing rapidly, at times it may be growing too fast. However, Telecare is focused on hiring for some brand new positions, recreating the on boarding and training experience. It's an exciting time to be with Telecare!

5. "A truly people oriented company."

Current Employee - Administrator in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Administrator in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent resources, focus on quality and results that maintains a client first philosophy.

Cons

As the economy and resources are rapidly changing there can be tumultuous start-ups, depending upon your perspective these can be exciting and rewarding versus frustruating and tedious.

Advice to Management

Management is the best I've known.

6. "A growing organization with a good heart"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There is a deep, foundational passion is at the heart of everything. The staff here want to make a positive difference in the lives of people we serve – as well as build and maintain a really good, inclusive, supportive place to work. The organization has a strong mission and, also, a strong vision for the future. It’s not always easy, but the people here – both staff and leaders – work hard to do the right thing. They strive to serve people in a compassionate and effective way right now, while also taking steps to make services better in the future. The people at Telecare are amazing. I have been here for 15+ years and am proud to be part of this organization.

Cons

This is not a con, but a fact of life: change is constant. There is a lot of change in the healthcare industry overall, and Telecare has to adapt along with it. This means that there’s always something in progress here: new processes, new technology, new skills to learn. We’re getting better at planning and managing change, but we can always improve in this area further.

Advice to Management

Keep building good systems and structures. Keep listening to staff and taking ideas to heart. Keep making it easier for staff and leaders to learn, grow, and develop for the future. Keep up the good work.

"Good people, poorly managed."

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, great environment to develop Psych nursing skills. Decent benefits: $5 / month Kaiser. Close to freeway. Decent opportunities to be had for management experience.

Cons

Staffing gets very spotty and unit safety is not prioritized. Some staff form to cliques. Management is dismissive with staff concerns and transparency is low.

Advice to Management

Research ways to reduce turnover and develop a system to improve efficiency. The staffing issues are eating away at nursing budget due to Kaiser contract.

"Rehab Therapist"

Former Employee - Rehabilitation Therapist in Bend, OR
    Former Employee - Rehabilitation Therapist in Bend, OR

I worked at Telecare Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Progressive client-centered approach. Access to training and professional development. Values their employee's.

Cons

Health of the program is dependent on a great clinical director. When ours left, the entire program suffered for years until another competent director stepped in. More oversight needed for directors that are not doing well managing the program.

Advice to Management

Support the directors of your smaller programs.

Mar 8, 2017 – HR director

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate your positive feedback about our client-centered approach and training. We do value our employees greatly: their passion and ... More

"NOC Team Lead"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Super good employee inter-relations, wonderful recovery-centered client care, very satisfying work, great CEO. Good healthcare, 3% on 401K match.

Cons

low wages, minimal raises, need more minorities on staff for better diversity

Advice to Management

Raise wages...streamline our lengthy hiring process...recruit minority staff to reflect the same diversity as we see in our clients...

Mar 8, 2017 – HR director

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Thank you for your positive feedback about our benefits, client care and kind words about our CEO. Although Telecare is 100% committed to ... More

"Payroll Supervisor - Not what you'd expect"

Former Employee - Payroll Supervisor in Alameda, CA
    Former Employee - Payroll Supervisor in Alameda, CA

I worked at Telecare Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Telecare mission statement is good. The execution of the mission I cannot speak on as I did not work at the different sites... I worked in the corporate office.................

Cons

If the different programs/sites are ran like the Payroll Department..... There is very much left to be desired. The reason I choose to resign after 6 SHORT/STRESSFUL months.

Advice to Management

OVERALL management team seams to be okay... However upper management seams to be disconnected from the general overview of departments and functionality. Leaving departments NOT FUNCTIONING at a level of competence. Change is often uncomfortable but NEEDED... And this company did not embrace/research change. Your voice is not heard nor sought. You will loose GREAT employees because you don't check in with them... Please do regular check ins open door policy that allows your core (people doing the work) team to have a voice.

11. "Mission-Driven, Fun Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Mission-driven staff and leadership!!!!! I cannot emphasize enough how awesome it is to work with people who really want to make a difference in the lives of others and don't think of it as work!
    - Offers grants and scholarships for higher education
    - The people are super friendly and caring
    - Emphasizes creating a respectful environment for both staff and clients
    - Open to and uses company-wide feedback to guide initiatives
    - Pretty decent benefits package
    - Knows where to get delicious cakes for birthdays or parties or just whenever you need cake (like every day)

Cons

- Their mental health benefits could be a lot better (there's a limited amount offered through an Employee Assistance Program, but given the industry they are in you would think you'd be 100% covered)
    - "Market rate" pay does not always line up with market rates by county, so it's hard to meet the cost of living (and raises and promotions are not easy to come by)

Advice to Management

It would be great to have more company-wide events to help foster the "family" environment they strive to achieve (like networking events so nurses can meet peers at different programs, etc.-- larger events not just for the leaders to attend). I think most of the negative feedback on here is just because people feel neglected (or they're underpaid).

Jan 27, 2017 – HR director

Thank you for taking the time leave a review. We are thrilled to read your positive comments about Telecare’s mission and, of course, our people. We also appreciate the concerns you have raised and ... More