Telecare Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Anne L. Bakar

Pros
  • Great team of people to work with (in 9 reviews)

• Good benefits and working environment (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • High turn around, low pay, high stress, position duties depend a lot in administrator (in 9 reviews)

• If mental health is that common, than surely staff may also have special needs (in 6 reviews)

"Want to really make a difference and feel good? Work at Telecare."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

Pros

Telecare is a place where people can do really good, heartfelt work that matters -- really matters. Everything we do either directly or indirectly helps people with mental illness, and that's something I feel great about. We are all treated like family -- sometimes good, sometimes not, but it's never 'corporate-y' -- I always feel like an individual and very appreciated.

Cons

If you are not a clinical person, sometimes it can be difficult to find ways to advance. That's because although we are a large company, the corporate/administration side is actually very small. However, if you are a clinical person, there is lots of room to advance.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Seriously. The people in senior management really care about this work; it's kind of wonderful to be a part of.

"A great place to work; better if the departments would get out of their silo."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Pros

Telecare is a fast growing mental healthcare company that specializes in helping adults with mental impairments reach their full potential. This is a company that appears to be committed to the well-being of the people they serve. They focus on quality of care first, employee morale second, and profits third. I have experienced many instances where the most important thing is the what is best for the person being served even when there is significant costs involved.

The company is in five states and growth presents many opportunities for advancement which can be rare in the mental health field. They pride themselves for promoting from with in the company.

There is a high involvement culture from management and I have always felt supported and encouraged to take risks and grow as a professional. The company appears to be very well respected in the mental health community and they have been apart of major developments in the field over the last 40 years.

Cons

Because the company is so spread out geographically, it sometimes feels a bit disjointed. For example, new initiatives can be cumbersome to roll out or policy decisions may seem haphazard because they have no relevance. There seems to be limited options for advancement beyond the administrator level.

Departments seem to be at odds at times. For example, the HR and Finance departments sometimes "wag the dog." It appears the Finance and IT department have had difficulties keeping key personnel who seem to leave for bigger companies. Further, leadership of these departments seem disconnected from the Operations Department.

Advice to Management

Visit the programs outside of the Bay Area. Increase base salaries to keep key personnel. Reconsider having members of the Executive Committee also be members of the Board of Directors.

"Best Company Ever hands down"

Current Employee - Mental HEalth Employee in Alameda, CA
    Current Employee - Mental HEalth Employee in Alameda, CA

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's so nice to work for a company that actually cares about the community
    so often you find these kinds of companies who have these mission statements but never truly follow through. Telecare is NOT that company. I love working here.

Cons

I wish i got paid more...but who doesn't. that's just a part of the mental health system.
    I have to have a 20 word minimum but honestly the only thing there is to complain about is the PAY. which i blame medicaid for. sooo. not much else to say.

"Great work environment. Management empowers employees."

Current Employee - Case Manager in Modesto, CA
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Modesto, CA

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent program culture. Freedom to meet the needs of your clients in the best way you see fit. Nice perks (free lunches, company outings). Respect from all levels of management. I appreciate that the work is competitive.

Cons

Relatively low wages compared to similar position with the County.

6. "Awesome opportunity to shine"

Current Employee - Senior IT Solutions Architect
    Current Employee - Senior IT Solutions Architect

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time

Pros

Freedom to work on projects important to me that also meet company goals.

Cons

I have not experienced too many 'cons' yet, I would say that this large company has a lot of inertia and is a slow ship to turn.

"High integrity, great values both in client services and employee support"

Former Employee - Nurse
    Former Employee - Nurse

I worked at Telecare Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Telecare promotes clinical staff from within to administrative positions, which increases the support and understanding for work done by clinical staff. Many women in management, and diversity is consistent at all levels. Consistently pays competitively in a difficult field, where less well-administered outfits come and go, leaving jobs in the lurch without warning.

Cons

Overall, this is an undervalued field anywhere, and with Telecare, unless you work in a state where they have many units (i.e. CA), there is little room for advancement upwards in a clinical role.

Advice to Management

Don't skimp on team-building activities when budgeting (as I saw happen over my years there at one unit) as these build more cohesiveness when working in a high-stress occupation.

8. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent help for the mentally impaired in our community
    Great team work
    Good pay and benefits, would love more but who wouldn't?!
    Occasional bonuses!

Cons

Staff that complain or gossip about management or other staff. No where is perfect to work, have had this issue with every company I have worked for, so it's not a Telecare issue at all, but people act like it is.

Advice to Management

Say Thank You a little more to the staff, otherwise, keep up the good work!

"Like Direction"

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The CEO and leadership team truly care about employees. They visit us and we do employee surveys. We are not perfect but I feel leadership is going in right direction.

Cons

A lot of old school leaders fighting the change.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

10. "I am very happy, grateful and proud to be a part of the Telecare Corp and look forward to many more years with them."

Current Employee - Licensed Clinician in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Licensed Clinician in Orange, CA

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pleasant people to work with because the majority really care about the specialized population Telecare serves.

Cons

Sometimes management puts up with very inappropriate and uncivil attitude and behavior by some employees.

Advice to Management

No direct provider should be offered a position until they are able to articulate and have meaningful discussion about Recovery and Psychiatric Rehabilitation philosophy in comparison and contrast to the traditional medical model of care.

"Great place to work"

Pros

Community based contract. Organized order of operations. Good benefits and working environment. Close to home. Work hours were accommodating to my needs. Mission of service is in tune with community need.

Cons

Not enough oversight to employee accountability. Investigating problems lacking in honesty towards all employees. Lack of trust from employees when reporting problems that management will make appropriate unbiased decisions.