Telecom Brokerage Account Manager Reviews

Updated Mar 28, 2020

4.4
Telecom Brokerage President Geoff Shepstone
Geoff Shepstone
  1. "Great company, with great people!"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Telecom Brokerage full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Awesome Benefits, Gym, Continued training, opportunity for growth!

Cons

No cons, this is a great place as long as you show up, work hard, and care about what you do!

Human Resources Manager, Benefits & Culture

Thank you for sharing your experience!

2. "New Hire Interview Experience"

I have been working at Telecom Brokerage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working for a Company that Continues to Grow, Endless Opportunities, Monday-Friday Schedule, Employee Benefits, Commission

Cons

Only 3-4 Weeks into Job so no Cons

Human Resources Manager, Benefits & Culture

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience at TBI. If you have any further feedback to share please feel free to reach out to the HR team.

3. "Overall A Good Company"

I have been working at Telecom Brokerage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Results driven environment, you know where you stand, opportunity for upward movement, great co-workers, etc.

Cons

Managerial decisions can often cause your own performance to suffer even when it is outside of your control. Still, it's kind of the way every company is though.

Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. When decisions are made at the top many factors come into play. One of them is the way it will impact all of our employees. If you bear with us during our time of growth, I believe that our whole company will feel positive impact. Please reach out to the HR team if you want to discuss more!

"Outbound Account Manager- OmniCenter Sales"

1.0
    Current Employee - Outbound Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Telecom Brokerage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits/PTO are good Gym onsite Set schedule

Cons

Pay not on par with what we have to deal with Most incompetent, misogynistic, racist and bigot filled group I’ve ever worked with (from the top down. Even SR. Account managers make derogatory comments and down talk other employees) They tell you in training lying to the customer results in termination then your supervisor will blatantly tell you to mislead the customer “they don’t need to know that” “is it true? No. Is it exactly what I would have told the customer? Yes) Supervisors will micromanage you to death

Human Resources Generalist

Here at TBI we pay at or above market value for all our positions. We consistently reevaluate based on cost of living, and we have always provided uncapped commission for all our sales roles. Our Omni-Center management team consists of qualified individuals who understand the importance of treating everyone as equals, and fostering an open and welcoming environment. We provide all new managers with one-on-one training that gives them insight on how to properly manage a team. We have a zero tolerance policy against harassment or bullying of any kind and we take these concerns very seriously. Please do not hesitate to reach out to Human Resources if you would like to address this. We provide quality training to educate our sales team on best practices, and we provide access to TBI University which an online portal with a variety of telecom training materials and videos. Our managers are taught to provide valuable feedback and guidance to their employees, which in no way involves ‘misleading’ a customer. Our sales process is completely transparent; the sales reps are responsible for informing the client about the different service offerings and it is then their decision to sign up. After the sale is made, we provide excellent customer service for a smooth transition to the new carrier. We pride ourselves on assisting businesses to run more efficiently by offering a variety of solutions from some of the most well-known carriers in the industry. Thank you for your feedback.

5. "Account Manager"

I have been working at Telecom Brokerage full-time for more than a year

Pros

The opportunity for growth is top of the line. Moreover, the culture here is warm and welcoming. The relationships you build here will help your professional career and even trickle into your personal life.

Cons

I can't think of any cons here at TBI.

Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We're so proud of the warm and welcoming culture we've created at TBI. You're in luck - we're bringing back the mixed team outings in 2019! Stay tuned for more information.

6. "Awesome work environment"

4.0

I have been working at Telecom Brokerage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

TBI provides a great work environment for the employees, great benefits and team atmosphere. There is always team events & activities on a monthly basis. I've personally worked here for 4 years and what I've learned is what you put into your TBI career is what you get out of it and I can honestly say, I've enjoyed my TBI experience thus far.

Cons

Currently, no cons come to mind.

Human Resources Generalist

Thanks for sharing your insights! Our collaborative team atmosphere is extremely important to our team and we’re glad you’re still enjoying it 4 years later.

7. "This job takes the stress out of sales."

4.0

I have been working at Telecom Brokerage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The atmosphere and culture are great, I really feel like I have an impact on the company no matter how irrelevant my contributions to the company are on a financial scale. There is always something fun that HR has planned out to keep the overall Morale positive. It's honestly a great place to work. I love coming in most days. The benefits are amazing.

Cons

The reviews are pretty tedious at times. Sometimes we have a review once every few weeks or even once a week. It's not short either, reviews often go above the 30 minute mark which means I have less time to hit my cold calls and potentially miss out on sales. Any 40 minute review can be condensed into a 5 minute chat. I've heard the conspiracy before but I'm pretty sure HR writes a good portion of these. I don't mind it however.

Human Resources Generalist

Your feedback is appreciated! We value our team’s contributions to the business as we all play an important role that is essential to TBI’s success. Our managers make sure they can be available to provide quick feedback to benefit our employees and allow them to remain successful within their positions. We can confirm that the HR department at TBI does not write these reviews - we are simply responsible for being receptive to the valuable and honest feedback that our employees would like to share. The anonymous reviews will help us understand how our team truly feels and if we can be proactive in any way to make TBI an even better place to work!

"AWESOME PLACE TO WORK"

I have been working at Telecom Brokerage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome benefits. Amazing and helpful co-workers and a management team that invest in its employees!!!

Cons

For me there wasnt any cons....i left for personal reasons.

Human Resources Generalist

One of TBI’s top priorities is keeping our employees happy so that our business can thrive. Whether it be the generous benefits we have to offer or the way we contribute to our amazing culture by giving back to our employees, we make sure our team enjoys coming to work at TBI every day. Thank you for sharing your feedback!

"4 Full Years in the Making..."

I have been working at Telecom Brokerage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I just completed my 4 year anniversary, and I'm proud to say this company has made drastic changes (for the better) since I have began here in October of 2013. I worked at the old office (a "Class C" building) from Oct - Dec 2013, before we moved to our "Class A" building right next door at the Triangle Plaza. That itself showed a very positive change in itself. I have seen a ton of growth within the company. Growth includes the overall number of employees and colleagues getting promoted within the company. For example, I had my training class with Matthew Newman. He has shown great strides and is currently the Director of Sales in the Call Center. As the days and months go by, looking forward to growing more as an employee and being an asset to the company.

Cons

Doing more group activities/events (sporting events, concerts, "game" days, higher incentives, etc). I know this takes time & money, but I believe this can boost employee morale. Keep employees feeling their work is more than just a job. Everyone wants to feel that his or her work has a higher purpose. Mix up the company's usual way of doing things. Departing from the customary routine of meetings and cubicle life can go a long way toward building morale.

Human Resources Generalist

Congratulations on your 4th year with TBI! We appreciate the insight you have shared about our growing organization and how TBI focuses on promoting our talented team from within. As we continue to grow, we are always looking for new team building or department outing opportunities to provide our employees with to make sure they can truly get to know each other and celebrate their accomplishments. If you have any suggestions, please reach out to the HR team!

"Great Opportunity!!!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Telecom Brokerage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunity for growth. They truly do promote from within. If you put in the time and effort you will get noticed. Great benefits as well!

Cons

More team building events would be nice with employees you don't work hand in hand with

Human Resources Generalist

We appreciate you sharing your experience at TBI! With all of the success we have had with the Team Building Events this year, we are excited to continue the opportunity for team members in the upcoming months!

Found 21 reviews