Telecom Brokerage Reviews

Updated May 15, 2020

4.6
Telecom Brokerage President Geoff Shepstone
Geoff Shepstone
Pros
  • "Good hours, great benefits, family like coworkers(in 12 reviews)

• "Great company culture, people are willing to help one another out even if it is not part of their job(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "I can't think of any cons here at TBI(in 11 reviews)

• "Like with any business, there are growing pains, but the management helps overcome them quickly(in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Two Years"

Current Employee - Sales Trainer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Telecom Brokerage full-time for more than a year

Pros

TBI is a great place to work! I just celebrated my two year anniversary and can hardly believe it's already been that long. I've been lucky enough to travel around the country training our channel partners to more effectively distribute cloud, managed services and network solutions. We moved into an awesome new office over the summer and TBI really invests and gives back to it's employees. Our owner matches 401k contributions up to 5% and is very transparent with the direction of the company. You're on the bleeding edge of the way technology is transforming business and collaborate with blue chip names in the IT and telecom industry.

Cons

Change can come quickly - whether organizational, technological or change specific to our industry, you have to be able to adapt and learn. At the same time, being a trainer takes patience and behavioral change can be hard to effect.

Telecom Brokerage2020-01-17

January 24, 2020Human Resources Manager, Benefits & Culture

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful review about your experience! Our new office was an exciting change for us last year and we’re glad everyone is still enjoying the new space. We’re grateful to have an amazing owner who invests in our futures by matching our 401K contributions and encourages usage of our robust benefits package. You’re correct, the telecom industry is ever changing so we need to adapt and learn to the best of our abilities to keep up! We’re happy to have you as a member of Team TBI!

2. "Early Results Are Very Favorable!"

Current Employee - Channel Manager II

I have been working at Telecom Brokerage full-time for less than a year

Pros

The interview process was thorough, with an opportunity to talk with leaders of multiple departments who work with and support sales. The on-boarding process was the best I've experienced in my 20+ year career, providing a very deep introduction into the company, systems, processes, departments, and messaging to help me hit the ground running. Additionally, by getting introduced to so many people across the company, I got a very good sense of the positive and supportive culture within the company.

Cons

The only con is not really related to the company. The fact that I am unable to visit partners and customers due to Covid-19 has been a major challenge, but the company provides multiple collaboration tools for voice and video communications to mitigate the negative impact.

Telecom Brokerage2020-05-15

May 29, 2020Human Resources Manager, Benefits & Culture

TBI takes pride in having a comprehensive interview and onboarding process to get our new hires started off on the right foot. We’re pleased to know that you’ve gotten to experience our positive culture through your virtual new hire experience. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forward to seeing you in person in the near future!

3. "Grateful for TBI"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Telecom Brokerage full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you note the date of this post, you will know that the country is in the middle of a pandemic and times are tough for everyone. Now more than ever I’m grateful for my job and to work for a company like TBI. The company was quick to respond to the crisis and kept everyone up to date with the plan to close our office and switch to a remote workforce. Our executive team did a great job updating us on where we stood as a company, and the things they were doing to keep our business running smoothly. We currently have weekly remote all hands meetings which keeps us informed of any news or updates. In addition, they rolled out new programs to encourage us to remain engaged and healthy during this time. You know you work somewhere special when you miss seeing your coworkers each day and you look forward to the day we can all get together for a happy hour. Other than the pandemic response, TBI has always offered top-notch benefits, a great wellness program, and the best time off policy. Our new office is the perfect space for us, and it was worth the wait. People say it all the time, but this company truly feels like a family.

Cons

An office downtown would be ideal but that’s not a deal breaker for me.

Telecom Brokerage2020-04-28

May 4, 2020Human Resources Manager, Benefits & Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughtful review. We hope you and your family are doing well during this time, and we're also grateful to have you as a member of the TBI Family.

4. "My Best Employment Experience So Far"

Current Employee - Programmer

I have been working at Telecom Brokerage full-time for more than a year

Pros

They fully support working remote, and you get full benefits no matter where you are. Leadership is very approachable and supportive. There's a feeling of camaraderie between co-workers in my department. I've only worked one title so far, but they definitely promote and hire from within.

Cons

In my year here, I haven't noticed any downsides. I don't have much experience to compare to, though.

Telecom Brokerage2020-04-02

April 3, 2020Human Resources Manager, Benefits & Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We’re happy that TBI has set a high standard for your first employment experience thus far. Our leadership team and the camaraderie within our company are two things we pride ourselves on as an employer, and we hope you can continue to grow your career with us!

5. "Great company, with great people!"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Telecom Brokerage full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Awesome Benefits, Gym, Continued training, opportunity for growth!

Cons

No cons, this is a great place as long as you show up, work hard, and care about what you do!

Telecom Brokerage2020-03-29

April 1, 2020Human Resources Manager, Benefits & Culture

Thank you for sharing your experience!

6. "Generate contracts, submit contracts, process MACDs"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Telecom Brokerage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good hours, great benefits, family like coworkers

Cons

Doesn't pay enough for the amount of work you get

Telecom Brokerage2020-03-03

March 4, 2020Human Resources Manager, Benefits & Culture

We’re glad that you enjoy the culture here at TBI as it is our priority to create a positive work experience for our team. Here at TBI we pay at or above market average for all our positions company wide. We conduct salary reviews for our positions each year to make sure we remain competitive in our industry. In addition to base pay, we offer a robust and well-rounded benefits program to all our employee to help them remain happy and healthy. If you feel your workload is too heavy, reach out to your direct manager as they will have tips and tricks to assist you in balancing the multiple tasks you handle throughout the day. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to the HR team if you need additional assistance. Thank you for sharing your experience.

7. "Outstanding Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Telecom Brokerage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Upbeat, enabling culture at TBI. The Executive team and all management treats employees with respect and encourages ideas. Employees are held accountable for their actions and given the flexibility to do their jobs.

Cons

The commute can be challenging.

Telecom Brokerage2020-01-16

January 20, 2020Human Resources Manager, Benefits & Culture

We're thrilled to hear that you're enjoying our culture which emphasizes our employees being accountable to do their jobs while balancing their home life. Here at TBI we’re grateful to have a strong leadership team in place across all levels of the company who foster open door policies and encourage new ideas. Thank you for sharing your experience!

8. "Fantastic People"

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Telecom Brokerage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great management team at all levels of the organization. Very friendly and family-like structure.

Cons

None that I could find yet!

Telecom Brokerage2020-01-15

January 16, 2020Human Resources Manager, Benefits & Culture

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're happy you're a part of the TBI Family!

9. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Telecom Brokerage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is so welcoming and the company has a great culture. I've really grown since I've been here and I've been exposed to some awesome opportunities. Flexible workplace too.

Cons

I haven't found any negatives yet!

Telecom Brokerage2019-11-15

December 2, 2019Human Resources Manager, Benefits & Culture

We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience at TBI. If you have any further feedback to share, please reach out to the HR team. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback!

10. "Going Strong"

Current Employee - QUALIFICATION SPECIALIST in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Telecom Brokerage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with. Flexible schedule and tons of groups and activities inside and outside the office to keep you busy. (Volunteer days, food outings, etc.)

Cons

Quarterly crunches can give you a ton of work on your plate, be sure to let your manager know if it becomes too much.

Telecom Brokerage2019-10-08

December 2, 2019Human Resources Manager, Benefits & Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at TBI! We're glad to hear you're utilizing your manager as a resource if the workload becomes too much. Work life balance is extremely important to us and if you have any suggestions or if want to discuss further, please reach out to the HR team.

Found 106 reviews