Telecom Brokerage Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
Telecom Brokerage President Geoff Shepstone
Geoff Shepstone

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "TBI provides a great work environment for the employees, great benefits and team atmosphere" (in 12 reviews)

• "TBI cares for your well-being and your career, it makes it really easy to come to work" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "When you have a growing company there will be some growing pains which can be a challenge" (in 4 reviews)

• "I have not found anything negative about my job" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"So much growth!"

I have been working at Telecom Brokerage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love being part of a company that keeps growing and promoting people. In my 15 years in the workforce, I have never been at an established company that still has consistent growth year over year, and opportunities for people to work their way up. I also really like that despite all of the benefits the company offers, they continue to find new programs to offer to their employees to keep things new and up to date with current trends.

Cons

There are always opportunities for improvement, but I think the company is moving in the right direction and takes feedback to work on areas that may need help.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide transparency to employees, it goes a long way.

Mar 12, 2019 – Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are glad to learn that you enjoy working with our growing company and our benefit... More

"Great place to work and great team to work with!!!"

Current Employee - Sales in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Sales in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Telecom Brokerage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TBI is a great company to work for and work with. Since opening in Beaverton in 2018, we have seen major growth and have always had great support from the company.

Cons

Like with any business, there are growing pains, but the management helps overcome them quickly!

Mar 12, 2019 – Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience at TBI!

3. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Proposal Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Proposal Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Telecom Brokerage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly environment, room for growth, longevity with the company is easily attained, helpful teammates & management, good number of vacation/sick days and the company actually cares about their employees.

Cons

Takes 4-6 months to feel comfortable with the work that you are given & you only get paid on the 15 & and last day of the month.

Advice to Management

Be more mindful of when your employees feel like they are struggling. Although you have faith in them, sometimes people do not have faith in themselves.

Mar 14, 2019 – Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re glad you’re enjoying your experience at TBI so far!

On average, some studies show that it can take anywhere between 6 months – 1 year for an employee to... More

4. "Overall A Good Company"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Telecom Brokerage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Results driven environment, you know where you stand, opportunity for upward movement, great co-workers, etc.

Cons

Managerial decisions can often cause your own performance to suffer even when it is outside of your control. Still, it's kind of the way every company is though.

Advice to Management

Consider the veterans a tad more before making whimsical decisions

Mar 12, 2019 – Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. When decisions are made at the top many factors come into play. One of them is the way it will impact all of our employees. If you bear with us... More

5. "TBI exceeded my expectations"

I have been working at Telecom Brokerage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

TBI has gone a great job at continuing to grow and evolve as an organization which has kept it's employees engaged at work. I enjoy working with the team here and I've found that each department is willing to lend a hand if you need help with a project. The wellness program is awesome! This year they are sponsoring 7 races/walks for the employees to participate in, on top of the annual TBI Fit reimbursement, and the free onsite gym. They continue to provide a monthly team breakfast, plus snacks and fruit everyday. The executive team and upper management are all very approachable and you can tell that they are invested in every single employee's success, which I think is rare at a company this size. Overall, I'm very happy to be apart of such an amazing company!

Cons

We've outgrown our office space in Chicago so I think everyone is excited and ready to move this year.

Advice to Management

Continue to say thank you to your team. It may sound simple, but even a quick email or teams message saying "great job" goes a long way! Also, continue to send your employees points!

Mar 12, 2019 – Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We're looking forward to moving into our amazing new office space this year to accommodate our growing team.

"TBI Rocks!"

I have been working at Telecom Brokerage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TBI has an incredible work environment and hires great people. I have felt welcomed, supported, and challenged since I've been at TBI. The days go by fast and I actually look forward to going to work. My bosses are clear in their expectations and my team does a great job of supporting each other. I imagined I'd like working at TBI, but I can honestly say they have GREATLY exceeded my expectations!

Cons

I'm sure a few processes and details could improve as always, but nothing major. Wouldn't mind the building being a little closer to the blue line :)

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people, I honestly am not sure how you do it, just keep it up! I believe this is the reason this company has been so successful. We like each other, so we try hard for each other!

Mar 12, 2019 – Human Resources Generalist

We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are glad to learn that you enjoy working with your team members and that we've exceeded your expectations! Keep up the great work!

7. "Good Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Vendor Business Development Specialist
    Current Employee - Vendor Business Development Specialist

I have been working at Telecom Brokerage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, people are willing to help one another out even if it is not part of their job
    Monthly breakfast is a nice perk and they also provide snacks every day
    Fun outings to create a teamwork environment
    The whole company works as a team
    The promote within before looking outside the company

Cons

Younger management who has not done many other jobs so they do not always experience that they need

Mar 12, 2019 – Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We're glad that you're enjoying our company culture, teammates, and the perks! Here at TBI we do our best to train our new managers and provide... More

"Awesome Company"

Current Employee - Proposal Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Telecom Brokerage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The salary is above standard
    You get a bonus check every three months based on performance
    Company outings
    Overtime
    Business Casual (get to wear denim jeans if they are nice) M-T
    Casual Fridays
    Hour lunch break
    Great training programs
    Awesome benefits
    Paid workout programs
    They care a lot about work/life balance
    No weekends
    HR really cares about you as an employee

Cons

The amount of work we are tasked can get stressful depending on the situation and how it's handled, but that is typical for any type of job!

Mar 12, 2019 – Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We appreciate your positivity even when the workload gets overwhelming at times. If you need assistance balancing your work, reach out to your manager or HR for... More

9. "Growth and Opportunity!"

I have been working at Telecom Brokerage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's very rewarding to work in an environment that continually empowers employees. Company culture is great, and it makes it a fun place to come to work.

Cons

Job can be stressful at times.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your employees!!!

Mar 12, 2019 – Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your time at TBI!

10. "Great Company! Truly makes you feel like part of the family!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Post Sales
    Current Employee - Senior Manager, Post Sales

I have been working at Telecom Brokerage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

TBI is a great company to work for. The office has a great environment and culture. It really feels more like being a part of a family rather than just being an employee going to work each day.

Cons

Have not come across any.

Mar 12, 2019 – Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for leaving your feedback. We're happy to have you as a member of our TBI Family!