Telecom Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Telecom Management Reviews

1.0
Anthony Gomez

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Poor compensation, requires you to have a lot of start up money to tide you over for months until you make money."

Former Employee - District Manager in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - District Manager in Miami, FL

Pros

It is a good job to have if you have zero ambition and no desire to ever make any money. It offers you plenty of flexibility but since you will make zero money it is impossible to take advantage of your free time.

Cons

It can take months before you see any fruits from your labor. In addition to that you don't receive any company benefits to make you feel that the company wants you to succeed. I also found out later that they pay around 8% residual where the industry norm is much closer to 15%.

Advice to Management

They need to offer some benefits to differentiate themselves from the other agent companies, pay more % points, pay on time(this is a moving target) and work on repairing their reputation. It is hard to go out to a networking event without encountering someone that has had a bad past experience working for the company.

"Comparatively low compensation and poor industry reputation"

Current Employee - District Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - District Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

All employees are 1099 and are allowed to set their own schedule and strategy as to which accounts or industries to pursue.

Cons

The CEO Anthony Gomez is highly unethical. This is a small telecom agency, two employees and between 10 and 20 independent agents at any time. Turnover is very high among agents.

Each new agent meets with the CEO who explains the 100% commission comp plan the norm for a telecom agency. Each agent is told that they will get 90% of the commissions that are paid in by the carriers for each deal that is closed. The problem is that the actual amount that the agent receives is as low as 45% in some cases although 50 - 55% is the norm. Either way that is a far cry from the 90% promised.

All of the carrier partners that work with this agency are asked not to discuss commissions with the agents, even though agents and carriers work very closely together. This is not typical in the industry, but is understandable given the deception.

Getting the actual commission payments is another issue. Agents are frequently told that the carriers have not paid for circuits. In speaking with other agencies that sell the same carriers I have found that these occurrences are the exception not the rule.

Aside from the compensation, there is a lack of support in general. There is only one support person for all 20 agents, the CEO is never around, and the Sales Manager is busy closing his own deals. There are no leads, no sales structure (territories, industry focus, training), and due to the high turnover the company is constantly hiring new people. This leads to a lot of people who do not understand the industry with Telecom Management business cards. I frequently came across people who were unimpressed with other agent of the company making my job that much harder.

My advice to anyone who is considering working for this company, is to talk to any of the numerous telecom agencies in Fort Lauderdale before making a decision to join this one, and to ask other telecom professionals about Anthon Gomez. It will become clear that this is not the right place to be and not the right person to work for.

You may wonder why it says current employee given this review. I am a current employee because I am still trying to get paid on business I have closed. I will soon be a former employee.

Advice to Management

Change compensation so that it is greater than half of what it is elsewhere. Also give your agents a bit of respect and realize that in time they will find out that the compensation is not what you say it is.