Teleflora Reviews in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

3.1
Teleflora President Jeff Bennett
Jeff Bennett

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • great place to work, got to work from home (in 5 reviews)

• Good Benefits, Good People, Great Pay (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of communication from upper management, lack of professional advancement, low pay scale and incentives, micro-managed (in 4 reviews)

• And that was just our little group - I witnessed EXTREME harassment from managers in other departments, mainly the customer service department (in 3 reviews)

"Teleflora"

Current Employee - EFlorist Technician in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - EFlorist Technician in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Teleflora (Less than a year)

Pros

Very laid back environment and a fun place to work most of the time.

Cons

Not much room to grow unless you stay in the company for years or know someone upstairs. Pay

"Bad Place!"

Former Employee - Assistant Marketing Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Marketing Manager in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Nice office. Close to freeway

Cons

Terrible VP-and Managers. No room for growth. Very high turnover with leadership and employees

Advice to Management

Other Brands in the Wonderful Co is worth your time. Teleflora is the worst and most failing brand of all. Bad managers, high turn over failing industry.

Teleflora Response

Oct 31, 2016 – HR

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to hear you had a poor experience. I would love to learn more specifics about your comments on growth and concern about management. We take... More

"A Wonderful Place To Work"

Current Employee - Marketing in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Teleflora full-time

Pros

Coming from a company that didn't value employees at all, it has been a pleasant surprise to be part of an organization that takes employee satisfaction seriously and takes real steps to make employees happy to work there.

Amazing company benefits - beautiful art-filled office building, free oranges, nuts, & Fiji Water, very cheap gym membership, delicious subsidized cafeteria/restaurant, free museum admissions, periodic employee appreciation events, 401k match, $1,000 to give to charity plus any donations matched.

Leadership is very friendly, supportive, and always open to new ideas.

Depending on your position, the workload can be intense (especially during holidays) but few people work significant overtime on a regular basis.

Cons

The office isn't the most social or exciting environment - not to say that it's completely devoid of that but lacking that fun vibe you'd get at a lot of other companies

The company hires a lot of contractors instead of full-time employees which comes across as a bit cheap and out of character to me.

Collaboration with the offices in Oklahoma & Arkansas can be frustrating as those teams aren't very fast or efficient but most positions don't require interacting with them.

Advice to Management

Overall, keep it up - but consider allowing for the hire of more full-time employees

"Good for short term employment, toxic environment"

Current Employee - Assistant Marketing Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Marketing Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Teleflora full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid health benefits, $1K to a charity of your choice from a list the owners provide. Schmooze the right people & get free POM Wonderful product

Cons

Out-of-touch ownership. Poor management: phony, petty & unpredictable correlates high turnover. Long hours & only management food paid. 24/7 email checking required

Advice to Management

Come in to the office & leave upended personal life at home. Hire HR experienced professionals instead of psychology grads who only analyze & judge

"Well funded but very political"

Former Employee - Marketing Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Director in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Teleflora full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Got to implement lots of changes and develop the website thoroughly. Signed most vendor agreements without even full budgeting process as long as the owner(s) where convinced to try new things.

Cons

As you can imagine, it was run on the whim of the owner (particularly the wife). She's had some home-runs in terms of marketing so their is a cult-like following with her tat she demands. Things can turn on a dime per her feelings and I even watched my boss (CMO with over 7y exp with the company) just get canned right in the middle of a meeting.

Advice to Management

Hire good senior management instead of many sycophants and let them run the business.

"Run, don't walk, from Teleflora"

Former Employee - Director, Marketing in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Director, Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Teleflora full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company pays well but that's to remedy the high level of churn. Food in the cafe is first rate with excellent, healthy options. Beautiful artwork and sculpture abound but the place has no soul.

Cons

It is not what you know, it is who you know that gets you promoted. Senior management is an ongoing revolving door which makes it difficult for employees involved in day to day operations. Lots of turnover due to poor management and terrible work / life balance. Many co-workers performed their jobs well and were great to work with despite the low morale.

Advice to Management

Hire people smarter than you.

"Technologically advanced company with a lot of resources at employees’ disposal, but little room for growth"

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Teleflora full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High-quality employees, very well resourced (will put money and human capital resources behind any legitimate requirement and will leverage internal/sister consulting company, when necessary), high-quality products, excellent customer service

Cons

Very little work-life balance, mandatory work/vacation blackout over all major holidays (even for senior management), bonuses given out, but over-hyped and under delivered. Salaries are lowballed even though they try to recruit top talent.

"Interesting career experience."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Teleflora full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Learning to work with diverse people.

Cons

Constant employee turnover for various reasons

9. "Great Place to Have a Life"

Former Employee - Credit Card Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Credit Card Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Teleflora full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome balance between work and personal life
    Ability to manage yourself
    Great benefits (especially time off)
    The cafeteria is incredible

Cons

The only negative would be the ability to move up is very tough. Most positions are filled internally without posting an opening.

Advice to Management

Post openings in case someone is interested in moving up or making a lateral move. I woul fill the position with an "acting" if the position needs to be filled immediately.

10. "Was a great a place to to work once, but took a turn with new management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Beautiful offices
    On site boot camp
    Amazing cafeteria
    Free water
    Brand recognition
    Discount on flowers

Cons

Working on holidays
    Lack of opportunities
    Management played favorites
    Resnick spending out of control

Advice to Management

A few years back, Teleflora was wonderful to work for, but as the story goes, new management was brought in while the leaders we loved were fired or left. Everyone there was smart and hardworking but there were clear favorites. Consultants from the internal consulting group almost always filled any senior level positions, the rest of us had no hope. The worker bees got 2-3% raises while senior management had a retreat in Switzerland! No joke! It got hard because we realized there was no moving up. The politics were tough too. People often had to stay in the office for hours, many admitted they werent even doing anything but they dared not leave early and risk others hearing about it. And of course, there were the execs who strolled in 11 left at 3. One of them even had their employees work on personal assignments during work hours. It really became too much. I left because I wanted to grow my carreer, but many many more left because the office became a miserable place. Depending on what level your coming in at or which department I may or not recommend Teleflora. It was hit and miss, but overall people becoming very unhappy and leaving left and right. And Shawn Weidmann quit too.