Teleperformance Reviews | Glassdoor

Teleperformance Chairman and CEO Daniel Julien
Daniel Julien

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Basic salary is same for everyone even if you have call center experience already" (in 133 reviews)

• "Low pay nonproper chanellising for anythinf" (in 86 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Excellent place to work and get management training"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Teleperformance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall great personnel to work with and expang and trade knowledge

Cons

A little more up training would be nice

Advice to Management

keep it going

Sep 14, 2018 – Teleperformance

Thank you for your short and lovely review. We are happy to have met your expectations. All the best!

2. "Nice environment, good first job"

Former Employee - Chat Specialist
    Former Employee - Chat Specialist

I worked at Teleperformance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hourly rate are good and fair

Cons

Lookers are dirty usually on the hall

Jan 16, 2019 – Teleperformance

We definitely make sure our employees are provided competitive income and great opportunities so that they will be encouraged to work harder. Best regards!

3. "Apple contract Senior Advisor"

Current Employee - Senior Advisor
    Current Employee - Senior Advisor

I have been working at Teleperformance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy to continuously advance with company. Pay isnt bad. Work from home.

Cons

Company has extremely poor benefits. Also companies work life balance is just as bad as their benefits

Advice to Management

Offer better benefits and more understanding from upper manegement

4. "Easy hire"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Augusta, GA

I have been working at Teleperformance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can get hired in a day, decent pay

Cons

fast paced, drama, very short breaks

Jan 23, 2019 – Teleperformance

Thank you for sharing your review. We aim to provide employees a good experience and we are pleased to know that we have met your expectations. All the best!

5. "GOOD"

Former Employee - Call Center Representative
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative

I worked at Teleperformance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good hours, good pay, good dress wear, 1 hr lunches for 10 hr shifts and 2 15 min breaks

Cons

long and boring, back to back calls

Jan 23, 2019 – Teleperformance

Thank you for sharing your opinion. Our goal is to provide a positive environment wherein employees are doing their job productively while having fun. We are sorry you expected something different... More

6. "Lots of technology issues"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Teleperformance (Less than a year)

Pros

The training was probably the best part about working for Teleperformance, except for all of the IT problems. It was not uncommon for several team members to not be able to access their systems to even keep up with training. It was one thing after another, even when we reached the production floor. I know of several team members that quit due to the simple fact they felt abandoned and found themselves holding for Tech Support for extended periods of time just for the same thing to happen again in 15 minutes. Another problem is the inability to even talk to a supervisor. You put your request in the chat window and then hope that the supervisor will see it and "allow" you to chat with them.

Cons

The pay is decent but fairly low. They do offer a pick your own schedule from a list of available times.

Advice to Management

Even when you get a hold of the IT help desk they can be Very Rude! Remind them that this is their job, and it is not our fault that your system has so many issues! Have upper management look into upgrading your system, would be my first choice, and if that is not workable maybe expanding your IT department during high call volume times. Also, find a better way for your employees to be able to get in contact with their supervisor.

Jan 18, 2019 – Teleperformance

Our goal is to make sure our employees are guided by the management, provided feedback and equipped with enough knowledge to be able to support customers. We're sorry we didn't meet your expectations... More

7. "Management Cares"

I have been working at Teleperformance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Management genuinely cares for all employees and is transparent.

Cons

No stock option available.
    Performance bonus should be consistent.

Advice to Management

Continue putting employees first and showing them you care.

Jan 8, 2019 – Teleperformance

Your feedback is very important to us as this will let us know how we are doing and what needs to be done in order to provide employees a great place to work. Thank you for choosing us and have a... More

8. "Good People"

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Hobart, IN
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Hobart, IN

I worked at Teleperformance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I met some wonderful people.

Cons

You are just a number.
    Bad management
    Bad training

Advice to Management

You need to treat your employees better. Reward the high performers more and those that follow rules. Dress code should apply to all or none.

Jan 16, 2019 – Teleperformance

We ensure that our employees are equip with proper skills and training while making sure that they are treated fairly by the management. However, based on your feedback, we have failed you. Kindly... More

9. "The company itself is great."

Pros

This company is great if you are looking to start somewhere. Like if you are fresh out of high school.

Cons

I believe they need to be more organized.

Jan 14, 2019 – Teleperformance

Thank you for your detailed review. We aim to mold our employees into successful individuals. All the best!

10. "What no one else will tell you"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative - Humana in Killeen, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative - Humana in Killeen, TX

I have been working at Teleperformance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

First of all, my campaign was/is Humana. You either have an affinity for the elderly/disabled and an ability to talk to people non-stop for 8 hours a day, or you don't- And if you don't, this really isn't a job for you. This review is specific towards the HUMANA campaign.

*Unlimited overtime. That's right folks, unlimited. You wanna work from 6AM-10PM for a week straight? No biggie. Take a big check home.

*There's a cafeteria that's inside the actual call center. They're hired by Teleperformance, and cater. They're wonderful people, the food is stupid-cheap for what you get, and they do breakfast AND lunch.
    *A few of the floor supervisors do actually treat you like family. If you're sick, and you miss a week of work and you end up with a GOOD supervisor, you keep your job.

Cons

*The bathrooms are either spotless, or filthy. There is no in-between. That's not even the janitorial team's fault. I swear to god, it's like every female in the building doesn't know how to flush, or maybe they're squatting over the toilet and missing? I don't know, but ew.

*HR here is a joke. Open door policy... except the door is /always/ locked. Need a your check? Have fun standing at the door for an hour with a group of people waiting with you. Need to ask a question at all? That's never gonna happen. The voicemail box? Full. Can't leave a message, and no one will ever clean it. If that's not some "call avoidance," I don't know what is.

*Let's talk about dress code. You used to be able to pay $3 as a donation to Feed The Children, and could get away with wearing shirts with graphic designs. Now, 2019 has rolled along and the company has decided that they want everyone who sits at a chair all day and never sees a soul, or even LOOKS at the Client who comes to the floor to talk to supervisors, to wear business-casual attire. That means NO shirts with ANYTHING on them. No words, no dogs, no brand names, no anything that isn't professional. And if you come to work with a shirt that isn't? That's right. You get sent ALL the way home (If you're from Lampasas and work in Killen? Tough. Go change. Have fun driving for 4 hours to change a shirt.). All so more clients come into the call center and "see how nice the agents look and want to buy in a spot."

*This job is draining. You have to follow specific scripts and can't budge from them. Do you wanna know how numb you get after hearing elderly people beg you to help them, because the insurance company you're working for and representing won't cover cancer therapy or pain killers or heart medication? Then come on in and work for Humana or the other campaign, UHC. I received a call 30 minutes before the floor closed, and it was a member who started the call off with; "I'm going to kill myself. No one will help me. Not even Humana." As much as I wanted to say comforting things and speak on my own behalf, you're not allowed to. You have to pull up a crisis document and follow it to a T, and transfer someone who's suicidal to a nurse. You know how long a transfer can take, and how little time it takes for someone to commit suicide, and all you can say is "one moment, let me transfer you to someone who can help?" No? Well shucks, come try this job out.

*AUX is now your god. AUX owns you. What is "AUX?" Well, kiddos, AUX is what you sit in for different things. And you HAVE to adhere to it or you're out the door. Softphone is a software used on the floor so you don't have to hold an actual phone to your ear. You use it, and a headset with your computer. To give you a few examples, you click "auto-in" to receive a call. Or, in this case, back to back because they never slow down. Unless when you receive a call, you click "Aftercall Work." And then, after the caller hangs up, you don't get a call so you can sit in a different AUX and finish "after call work." Except, you get PUNISHED for being in after call work for longer than 60 seconds, which is a part of your metrics. Your metrics look trashy? Fired. You put a member on hold for too long because you need a supervisor, and you're sitting there raising your hand for a SME or ANYONE to help you figure out what no one in training taught you? Fired. You go on break and come back 3 minutes late? That trashes your metrics, even if you were going to the bathroom or stuck behind someone walking slow.

*No one takes this job serious enough, because people here are so anxious about their metrics, they rush. /A lot./ And then you get angry members transferred over to you because someone avoided the call and transferred someone to someone else who transfers them again, who then transfers them to you. And after being on hold and being transferred 5 times for an hour? How happy do you think YOU'D be?

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees likes numbers. You don't even ask for names when someone is asking a question or needing help. It's "show me your badge number." You have to call an ambulance and a firetruck at least three times a week for agents who have panic attacks. Was watching that /20 year old girl/ go out on a stretcher from having a HEART ATTACK not enough to tell you something is wrong?

Jan 16, 2019 – Teleperformance

Our employees are our top priority and we are sorry to learn that we failed to meet your expectations. For us to further investigate, kindly share this with us via LET'S CONNECT help line at... More