Teleperformance Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Teleperformance CEO Paulo César Salles Vasques
Paulo César Salles Vasques

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • excellent work environment for starting a career (in 110 reviews)

• Possible opportunities to work from home - Some of the account have opportunities to (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • s a Call Center - very boring after a while (in 99 reviews)

• low pay for hearig negative customers most of the time (in 56 reviews)

1. "Unbelievable Unprofessionalism on All Levels."

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Shreveport, LA
    Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Shreveport, LA

I have been working at Teleperformance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have yet to see anything positive about this particular location.

Cons

I just started working for Teleperformance 3 days ago. I've begun to wonder what have I gotten myself into. Let me start from the beginning. When I came to apply with Teleperformance, it turned into an all day endeavor! Yes, I was able to apply and do my interviews all in one day but, they did not communicate that the process took an entire 8 hour day. The process should be more streamlined within recruiting. It should not take an entire day to complete the application and potential hiring process, especially when you are in ramp and do this over and over everyday. By keeping people all day, the message that you are sending to potential employees is that their time is not valuable and that you don't care about any other obligations they may have. To your potential applicants that are 18-30 years old, this may not be a big deal or they may not know any better. However, your applicants that are 30 and above know better. Moving on, I get hired and was given the start date of 08/21. We were told to be at work at 3pm. I arrived at 2:30pm and was met at the door by other new hires siiting outside in the heat becauae recruiting would not let us in the door until 3pm. In what universe is this acceptable? I almost quit right then. Again, very unprofessional! We finally make it to class. All of the training doors have metal detectors on them. You can't have paper or pens. You can't have your wallet/purse. You can't have more than one key. You can't have your cellphone. You must drink out of a clear bottle without a label on it. And you must put all your belongings in a locker that can be and has been broken into by lock picking employees that Teleperformance has hired. The environment feels like a prison. And I feel like I'm waiting to be victimized with my belongings being so far away. I've worked at many places that have strict security but this is just overkill. When you work with ADULTS, all that should be said is, if you do XYZ you will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law! Most people don't want to go to jail!

Advice to Management

Your recruiting department is severely understaffed and communication is lacking there. Applicants opinion of you and their eventual behavior on your call center floor starts here. If you can't communicate and value their time, you will continue to get people who don't value your time nor will they communicate with your customers properly.

Please stop demanding for people to do things that you aren't willing to do which is: BE PROFESSIONAL. The actions of this site indicate you don't know what that statement means.

Always remember that when you are interviewing an applicant to see if they will be a good fit, that applicant is also interviewing you to see if you will be a good fit for them.

Whenever you decide to do orientation, have a designated conference room for people to congregate in until you are ready to put them in class. You open TPUSA to serious liability by having people in extreme heat or cold. You had women in line who were pregnant, people who were on medication that can't allow them to be in the heat or sunlight.

Professionalism is a must. You have some people who are professional but 90% of your workforce is unprofessional.

I know that this review is less than favorable and you won't listen to anything I've said.

I'm disappointed in myself that I didn't listen to the community at large when they told me not to apply here.

2. "Unhappily employed"

Current Employee - IOS Technical Support Advisor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - IOS Technical Support Advisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Teleperformance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home for Apple tech support. Good wages.

Cons

Ungodly hours , no respect for your time or outside commitments, no time off for Dr appointments, emergencies, etc. Rude trainers. Awful place to work, dont waste your time unless you are in extreme need of work.

Advice to Management

Give people time to do their outside of work commitments so they dont have to quit. Give PTO before a year with no time off.

3. "Just use this place as a stepping tool. Don't make a career out of it"

I worked at Teleperformance full-time

Pros

Guaranteed Hours, and awesome benefits

Cons

You got fired for extremely minor things

4. "It's like high school ..."

I have been working at Teleperformance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I met some amazing people. They're not all bad, just the ones in leadership positions.

Cons

Just recently got out of "training" with a trainer who was barely equipped for that position. She didn't set the standard for professionalism and was also temperamental. It was so bad that over half the training class quit before we entered nesting. It seems like it didn't take very much to obtain the position.

Once we entered the "nesting" phase we WERE NOT PREPARED. We also had very little interaction with the "nesting supervisor" due to the first week he attended several meetings and the second week just quit...

The "mentors" displayed very little respect when assisting you.

The whole department could seriously use a reboot honestly.

Advice to Management

Choose leaders with better communication skills.

5. "Terrible management"

I worked at Teleperformance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home. You may be able to advance quickly within the project or company.

Cons

Awful managers. Some do not coach you at all. They will fire you for things that management is responsible for.

Advice to Management

You're always on advisors... your advisors are a reflection of management. Make sure that they are being trained properly 1st.

Aug 14, 2017 – Social Media Community Manager

We appreciate your feedback. Our goal is to provide a positive working environment for our employees while making sure open communication is practiced and constant support is given. Thank you for... More

6. "Horrible place"

Former Employee - Technical in North Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Technical in North Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Teleperformance (More than a year)

Pros

None I can think of.

Cons

Equipment doesn't work and they restrict the tools you need to perform your job successfully. The facility had cockroaches and ants. The employees urinate all over the bathrooms. Parking was a nightmare.

Aug 14, 2017 – Social Media Community Manager

We appreciate your feedback. We want to make sure our employees are provided a good working environment wherein they are given great benefits and proper equipment to be able to work productively. We... More

"Customer service representative"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Augusta, GA

I have been working at Teleperformance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy the people I work with

Cons

being promised bonuses and never received, not compensated for the work that is done

8. "Employees perspective"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Teleperformance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Promotions are easy to obtain as long as there is a position available, you make a good connection with employees at your same level

Cons

No benefits, no sick time, horrible point system and running of operations

Advice to Management

Stop thinking about the money you make and actually care for your employees, you terminated quicker than you listen please do this your company is going down

Aug 11, 2017 – Social Media Community Manager

We are sorry to hear that you felt that way. Our aim is to see to it our employees are provided a professional working environment wherein employees are valued, standard policies are implemented and... More

9. "Bad, all bad"

I worked at Teleperformance full-time

Pros

None, no pros at all

Cons

Unprofessional, very unorganized, it's sad.

10. "Has potential but serious issue"

Current Employee - Apple AHA in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Apple AHA in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Teleperformance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- work from home
    - decent pay

Cons

- constant fear of continues employment because they change up what the expectations should be.
    - constant manager shifts and management is very hands off in the face of every changing metrics
    - terrible benefits

Advice to Management

Straighten up and instead of terminating agents for a bad month, work with them to improve. Strange patterns of people being terminated at the 18 month mark.

Showing 784 of 3,020 reviews