Teleperformance Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Teleperformance CEO Paulo César Salles Vasques
Paulo César Salles Vasques

2,443 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • Good work environment, employee cares are very supportive and good in nature (in 92 reviews)

• you have work from home options (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • s a Call Center - very boring after a while (in 91 reviews)

• low pay for hearig negative customers most of the time (in 51 reviews)

1. "Billing Agent"

Former Employee - Billing Agent in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Billing Agent in Columbia, SC

Pros

Excellent work place to work. Promotes growth within the company. Excellent benefits! All the overtime you want. Great company! work

Cons

The constant changing of the manager or supervisor is the only down side I can think of! Other then that

Advice to Management

I think Teleperformance was a great company. I enjoyed my time with them, and would advise others to apply. Great

2. "Global opportunity to be a change agent with extraordinary leaders in the outsourcing market place"

Current Employee - Vice President Business Development in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President Business Development in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Leadership with depth and broad knowledge of the industry. Creative and viable solutions to offer a prospect that would enable you to secure new business. Strong leadership in middle to senior management at outsourcing centers. Respected process for upward mobility amongst call center agents.

Cons

Sales cycle can be lengthy and the prospects need to see value versus cost. Some industries are concern about security overseas and are naive about safety and Service Level Agreements that safeguard their deliverables.

Advice to Management

Continue to be progressive in your territory management and team selling. We are on the right track and together we will secure more business as a team versus individuals.

"Great opportunities for advancement!!"

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Shreveport, LA

Pros

- You can move up! The company believes strongly in promoting from within. They've implemented a new process to prevent favoritism in the promotion process - also awesome!

- Management works with you to train you and the higher up you move in the company - the better it gets!

- Open communication from management - not withholding important information.

- 401k and insurance

- $100 referral bonus - unlimited

Cons

- not all management has gone through the new management training. This means some managers are awesome and some need some real help.

Advice to Management

Do whatever you have to do to put all management through the new training. If they don't pick p the material, then maybe it's time to clean house. The agents are suffering with the few older (old company) supervisors.

5. "Doing whatever you can to keep people happy."

Current Employee - Technical Support Advisor in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Technical Support Advisor in Boise, ID

I have been working at Teleperformance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supervisors, ACCM's, co workers and shifts.

Cons

Mandatory overtime, being baby sat as adults.

Advice to Management

Trust your advisors more.
    Advice to Advisors
    Be more trustworthy.

6. "easy, great advancement opportunities, and great pay"

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Shreveport, LA

I have been working at Teleperformance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

unlimited overtime, pay structure is great

Cons

the people i work with are......well....different

Advice to Management

get organized

7. "Best job ever had"

Current Employee - Director in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Director in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Teleperformance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

tons of growth and promotional opportunities if you're not retarded.

Cons

red tape and dealing with people who aren't responsible

Advice to Management

hold all departments accountable for their SLAs

"Good Company w/ Very Few Flaws"

Current Employee - Supervisor in North Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in North Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Teleperformance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Steady work, friendly management staff, and the pay is not bad. A lot of room for advancement, and a lot of choices on where to take yourself within the company (quality team, human resources, multiple operations positions, mission control, scheduling, the training department, etc., and all departments allow you to "climb the corporate ladder" if you do well). Bonus paid in addition to regular pay is based on your performance if you are a customer service representative, your team's performance if you are a supervisor, your account's performance if you are an ACCM (Assistant Contact Center Manager) or a CCM (Contact Center Manager). I am unsure of the bonus or pay structure of those in Director positions or other higher positions, but judging from what they're parking in the parking lot, they do pretty well.

Cons

The job can at times be pretty stressful, particularly in an operations position (customer service representative, supervisor, ACCM, CCM, etc). When systems go down, or when we are over-delivered on calls and understaffed, things can be hectic. In some situations people are expected to do the job of others in addition to their own job. For example, the supervisors may be asked to submit quality monitors (which is the job of the quality team), work on creating schedules (which they have an entire department dedicated to doing), assist with the training of representatives (which they have an entire department dedicated to doing).

Advice to Management

The compensations for supervisors could be a little higher, considering the amount of money this company generates. We try very hard to keep the stats where they should be, and the payoff for this struggle is us barely making a little more than the agents on our teams. Human Resources, specifically the recruiting team, could use a slight revamp. I think we should be more selective of the customer service representatives we hire, and specifically be more selective of who is doing the applicant interviews. I don't think the current recruiting staff are good judges of character, and poor applicants are constantly being approved through their first interview. Here is something interesting I encountered: I was doing a second interview for an applicant (something the supervisors are sometimes asked to do), and the applicant displayed very poor grammar and language skills. Since this is a contact center, and this person's job would be to speak on the phone professionally with customers and represent our client, I marked it down as a no-hire. Soon after, a member of the recruiting staff approached me and stated I should re-think and change my answer for the applicant to be hired. This occurred because they were behind on hiring, which occurred because they started the hiring process too late for the account. Another thing is that race seems to heavily factor into who is hired at our facility. I heard something about tax breaks for companies that hire a certain number of people from certain races? In my opinion we should be hiring based on each individual's merit and qualifications rather than the color of their skin. I think the financial results would speak for themselves.

9. "Great Company!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Brownsville, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Brownsville, TX

I worked at Teleperformance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of hours to work

Cons

Takes lots of your daytime

Advice to Management

Need more prepared supervisors

10. "good"

Pros

laid back, easy, fun, nice people

Cons

low pay, the hours are not flexable

11. "I love my job!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

I have been working at Teleperformance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is absolutely opportunity for advancement. With TP Ogden you get what you give, of course the company is not going to advance people who are getting bad stats, have bad attendance, or a poor attitude. There is a VERY open door policy here and if there are any concerns there is an escalation process in place to ensure that people are treated fairly. In TP Ogden you always see people getting prizes and recognition, also they do theme days and food giveaways all the time. Great place to work, and the management DOES care.

Cons

My fellow employees can be negative and gossipy- like any place. They like to complain but never want to take the time to follow the escalation process to get their issues solved.

Advice to Management

Push for employee feedback more.

Showing 2,443 of 2,498 reviews