Teletronics Technology Corporation Reviews in Newtown, PA | Glassdoor

Teletronics Technology Corporation Newtown Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2017

Teletronics Technology Corporation CEO Mansour Radmand (no image)
Mansour Radmand
  1. "Very good. Formed the Contracts Department."

Former Employee - Contracts Manager in Newtown, PA

I worked at Teletronics Technology Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Had a good relationship with the staff and customers. Established the Contracts Department, using the skills that I had acquired in the field over the years and from former, current and military education. Started the Department as a one person operation and later acquired employees to assist with the common functions of the Department, while I handled the more complex functions of the Company. The larger more... complex contracts, terms and conditions, negotiations with the buyers and their legal team. Negotiated price and type of contract firm-fixed, cost plus, etc. Made sure that All international contracts were in compliance with the ITAR, Department of State and Department of Commerce Regulations. Attended seminars, took certificate classed to make sure that I stayed up to date on current regulations and procedures. Did staff training to ensure compliance with government regulations and all internal ISO procedures.

Cons

Time-off policies were standard for an engineering/manufacturing company. The longer you were there the more time off you would accrue. Everybody received a combination of five personal and sick days. Generally I worked about a ten hour day, so my President & CEO occasionally gave me comp. time.

Advice to Management

Spend time listening to the employees.

Teletronics Technology Corporation2014-12-27
  2. "Engineering Tech"

Former Employee - Engineering Tech in Newtown, PA

I worked at Teletronics Technology Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Had interesting projects. Advanced the design.

Cons

Wanted me to relocate. Communication between departments.

Advice to Management

Good luck.

Teletronics Technology Corporation2017-07-14
  3. "Satisfied and grateful to have had the opportunity to serve."

Current Employee - Manufacturing Process Control in Newtown, PA

I have been working at Teletronics Technology Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Interesting line of products across a wide array of secure and sensitive products. Sense of pride in providing products for critical systems and Satisfying feeling of contributing as a team toward a high reliability and quality product.

Cons

Possibility that end of cycle may have begun as acquisition efforts have begun, proactively considering plan B. Just in case

Advice to Management

Thank you for the opportunity and providing a stable environment over my tenure.

Teletronics Technology Corporation2016-12-08
  4. "Difficult place to work"

Former Employee - Hardware Engineer in Newtown, PA

I worked at Teletronics Technology Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some of the work they do is really interesting and fairly advanced. There are also a number of talented employees there.

Cons

Upper management seems completely out of touch with the employees. The CEO rules with an iron fist, treating workers like children.

Advice to Management

For long term growth, I think the company would do well to bring in a new CEO with better leadership skills.

Teletronics Technology Corporation2014-03-21
  5. "Hostile work environment. I had worked at their company for 3 years."

Former Employee - Design Engineer in Newtown, PA

I worked at Teletronics Technology Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good products and interesting projects.

Cons

Hostile work environment. They refuse to higher contract workers and forbid their full-time employees from seeking contract work. High turnover rate. I have also heard others describe it as a "Sweatshop" and that term really does apply.

Advice to Management

Engineers like what they do. Do not make their job more difficult by being addicted to power/control.

Teletronics Technology Corporation2014-03-06
  6. "TTC Terrible"

Former Employee - Engineering in Newtown, PA

I worked at Teletronics Technology Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

they throw you a bone once in a while.

Cons

low morale among employees,departments kick the problem around,company takes on contracts they can't handle, low pay, benefits below average and owner/ CEO has a GOD complex.

Advice to Management

treat employees better,work together,owners get real or the company will be no more!

Teletronics Technology Corporation2013-10-30
  7. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown, PA

I have been working at Teletronics Technology Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A great company to work for. Friendly work environment. Care about the employees. Plenty of Perks....paid days off during the Holidays and Hurricanes plus free food almost every month.

Cons

The company is growing, could use a few more parking spots. Otherwise, nothing bad to say about the company,

Advice to Management

The management goes out of their way to help employees. Open Door Policy. One of the Best.

Teletronics Technology Corporation2013-03-04
  8. "They need to treat employees better!"

in Newtown, PA

I have been working at Teletronics Technology Corporation

Pros

There are some brilliant people working at TTC, and some of the projects are interesting. You do get the "small company" feel, with the activities planned by the secretaries. Everyone generally at least knows your name or recognizes you. There is a very diverse international culture that is great.

Cons

The benefits are terrible. The work/life balance is non-existent. Salaried engineers sometimes have to take unpaid days due to the lack of industry-standard time off. There is zero support for employee development (as in, no incentive to take career enrichment classes, etc.). Communication at TTC between departments (and even in some) is reprehensible. Trying to change anything works at the lowest levels of... management, but hits a big brick wall once it percolates to upper management.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better! If you want to retain top talent, be more flexible with hours, give standard time off, or at least a better sick and personal time policy. Also, listen to your employees when suggestions are given as to how to improve efficiency.

Teletronics Technology Corporation2009-09-23