Telligen Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Jeff Chungath

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They are also very open about our work life balance, they not only say it but they live it (in 9 reviews)

• Perks include being able to have a flexible work schedule for the professional employees (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Contract work means that there isn't always work available for you (in 6 reviews)

• If I was to go to another company, it would be certain that I would receive a 20-30% pay raise doing the same work (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Lead Health Informatics Solutions Coordinator in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Telligen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good pay, flexible work/life balance, great culture, forward-thinking executive team, opportunities for advancement

Cons

mostly contract-based work, so there can be stress involved with a contract ending, but Telligen does a good job of absorbing individuals into new work (which is actually nice to learn new things and expand your skills!)

"Just don't."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Telligen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay. They pay stupid well for a stupid job.

Cons

They lie about what job you'll actually be doing. Micromanaging. Breaks are highly discouraged. Unethical. People in the wrong positions.

Advice to Management

You need to go through training and bring in someone who strategically places people in the right position. Many of you do not belong in management at all.

"RN full time for 2+ years"

Former Employee - Nurse Care Manager in West Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Nurse Care Manager in West Des Moines, IA

I worked at Telligen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

competitive salary and yearly bonus

Cons

-like MANY other reviews have said the culture at Telligen is negative and toxic
    -focus is on quantity not quality
    -management is out of touch with their employees
    -salaried position in which they discourage breaks (lunch etc.) and encourage working longer hours
    -extremely hard to get days off (vacation time, doctors appointments etc. unless you have FMLA)
    -they LOVE employees who suck up to them & have favorites
    -managers have unprofessional relationships with their favorite employees (boundary issues)
    -employees are given power/authority over their coworkers even when that isn't their job- which creates hostility towards one another
    -Technology is extremely outdated.
    -Very cheap and won't invest in new computers, headsets, splitters etc. in order to do your job
    -system on which you chart on crashes multiple times a day losing all of your charting
    -they say they want young people and want to retain millennials but don't understand the concept of "work-life balance"
    -work environment is "high school like" with clicks, favoritism, dirty looks, and dishonesty
    -not able to work from home due to lack of technology
    -medical insurance is terrible and expensive
    -401k match was changed to employee owner stock
    -if you have more than 3 sick days per YEAR you get an "occurrence" which add up to disciplinary action
    -most nurses & management have been out of practice for 6+ years and giving patients advice that is not evidence based & out of date
    -for nurses NO opportunities to advance due to being such a small company

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, take a management class, be professional.

"nICE CASUAL"

Former Employee - Analyst in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Telligen (More than a year)

Pros

-Casual Work culture
    -agile Methodology

Cons

-No room for progression

5. "Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

I worked at Telligen full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to be working for. They take care of the employees

Cons

The projects are mostly contractual for a limited time period generally varying from 3 to 6 years after which they need to compete and win. If the contract is lost then that specific team could be affected with layoffs. However they try to retain the employees.

"Great company, great people, great leadership!"

Current Employee - Health Informatics Manager in West Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Health Informatics Manager in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Telligen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was excited to see that from the interview to actually working on the team, what you see is what you get. They are a great group of smart, hard working people that don't take themselves too seriously and will not let anyone on the team fail. I have had nothing but support and prompt and honest feedback from my leader. We have fun and laugh more than I have ever laughed at my previous employers while working hard and getting stuff done. Leadership is completely transparent with our companies revenue goals and actual revenue. Having recently been hired, I felt like royalty going through the recruiting process. They are also very open about our work life balance, they not only say it but they live it. At the previous company I worked for, I felt guilty if I left at 7:00pm or earlier, here you get your work done and can head home to spend time with your family. World class all the way around, I wish I would have found Telligen sooner.

Cons

I haven't seen one yet.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, it's working and is much appreciated!

7. "Product Owner"

Current Employee - Product Owner in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Product Owner in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Telligen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Telligen is one of the most positive places to work. The level of collaboration, teamwork, and support from day one has been superior! The culture is one of family and being an employee-owner, I have a vested interest in making a difference for Telligen. Leadership encourages ideas from all team members. The on-boarding process was very well organized and easy. Opportunities for advancement are well supported.

Cons

I don't have any cons!

"Contracts Administrator"

Current Employee - Contract Administrator in West Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Contract Administrator in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Telligen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Telligen provides a collaborative and challenging atmosphere in a positive way. As an employee-owned company, our goals and vision are the same. As such, my colleagues are teammates and everyone is working towards these same goals. Telligen's leadership is constantly looking towards the future to ensure company performance is constantly improving. In addition, Telligen has a strong sense of corporate social responsibility and therefore encourages community engagement.

Cons

Our location in Des Moines is not my first choice.

Advice to Management

Managers empower and trust their employees in a way I have not experienced in other companies. Leadership is very strong.

"Opportunities to advance, opportunities to innovate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Telligen full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I really like the size of Telligen. We're big enough to work on important initiatives and make legitimate contributions in the healthcare space. But we're not so big that bureaucracy and process rule over every action. I'm proud to be a part of a company that is trying to solve one of the most pressing issues in our society. I've been promoted multiple times, work with really smart people and get to wear jeans to work. Intelligence and integrity are my number ones when it comes to work - if I didn't trust the intelligence and business acumen of senior and executive leadership, I wouldn't work here. Period.

Cons

There are some communication silos. Sometimes it seems like not all business units are treated equally.

"Telligen Cares about Employees!"

I have been working at Telligen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At Telligen, you are constantly recognized for your good work and always encouraged to learn new skills and take on new challenges. My team is a like a second family, and there is such a positive and enthusiastic culture here. Being an employee-owner means my voice is heard and that I have a stake in the success of the company. Plus, flexible work hours means an amazing work/life balance!

Cons

Having multiple branches can lead to a disconnect in communication and community between office locations