Telligen Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jeff Chungath

Pros
Cons
  • Contract work means that there isn't always work available for you (in 6 reviews)

• If I was to go to another company, it would be certain that I would receive a 20-30% pay raise doing the same work (in 3 reviews)

1. "Product Owner"

Current Employee - Product Owner in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Product Owner in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Telligen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Telligen is one of the most positive places to work. The level of collaboration, teamwork, and support from day one has been superior! The culture is one of family and being an employee-owner, I have a vested interest in making a difference for Telligen. Leadership encourages ideas from all team members. The on-boarding process was very well organized and easy. Opportunities for advancement are well supported.

Cons

I don't have any cons!

"Contracts Administrator"

Current Employee - Contract Administrator in West Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Contract Administrator in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Telligen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Telligen provides a collaborative and challenging atmosphere in a positive way. As an employee-owned company, our goals and vision are the same. As such, my colleagues are teammates and everyone is working towards these same goals. Telligen's leadership is constantly looking towards the future to ensure company performance is constantly improving. In addition, Telligen has a strong sense of corporate social responsibility and therefore encourages community engagement.

Cons

Our location in Des Moines is not my first choice.

Advice to Management

Managers empower and trust their employees in a way I have not experienced in other companies. Leadership is very strong.

"Opportunities to advance, opportunities to innovate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Telligen full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I really like the size of Telligen. We're big enough to work on important initiatives and make legitimate contributions in the healthcare space. But we're not so big that bureaucracy and process rule over every action. I'm proud to be a part of a company that is trying to solve one of the most pressing issues in our society. I've been promoted multiple times, work with really smart people and get to wear jeans to work. Intelligence and integrity are my number ones when it comes to work - if I didn't trust the intelligence and business acumen of senior and executive leadership, I wouldn't work here. Period.

Cons

There are some communication silos. Sometimes it seems like not all business units are treated equally.

"Telligen Cares about Employees!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Telligen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At Telligen, you are constantly recognized for your good work and always encouraged to learn new skills and take on new challenges. My team is a like a second family, and there is such a positive and enthusiastic culture here. Being an employee-owner means my voice is heard and that I have a stake in the success of the company. Plus, flexible work hours means an amazing work/life balance!

Cons

Having multiple branches can lead to a disconnect in communication and community between office locations

"Telligen is my second family!"

I have been working at Telligen full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Having two small children, there are many times I need to leave for appointments, sickness, etc. and it is refreshing to work for a company that recognizes and works with me to make sure I can work from home as I can while still caring for my family.

As an employee-owner, my voice is heard whether having conversations with my manager or submitting a Power Idea for consideration. We have a number of opportunities to have our voice heard; company-wide meetings, informal online chat forums, department meetings, team meeting and one on one meetings with my manager.

Cons

Working for a company in a contracts-based world, it is difficult when a contract is lost or over and we may lose valuable employees not based on performance.

"Telligen is family"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Telligen full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The work we do at Telligen makes a difference in people's lives. Whether we are collecting healthcare data or providing quality improvement services that drive real change in how healthcare is delivered, we make a difference. As employee owners, we have a vested interest in making sure our company performs well but more importantly, the team members here are like family. We support each other, we celebrate together and we achieve great things together. It's not always easy and we work really hard but I I love my team and the work we do.

Cons

Working in a contract driven company can be challenging but Telligen has worked very hard to have multiple business lines and opportunities so that as contract work is completed, we always have others in the pipeline.

Advice to Management

I appreciate the open communication style at Telligen. We have frequent open forums, employee blogs, newsletter communications, 1:1 meetings with managers, and many other opportunities to stay in touch with management and other team members. Our CEO is addressed on a first name basis by all employee owners and takes a personal interest in how each business unit performs. We are encouraged to ask questions, seek guidance and escalate issues openly.

"Lead health solution coordinator"

Current Employee - Solution Lead in West Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Solution Lead in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Telligen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours. Co workers are great to work work.

Cons

Salary is below market value for a lot of positions. Upper management does not take any risk which causes a lack of development in New products and services. Technology that is used is outdated however it is starting to get better.

"Worst company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Telligen full-time

Pros

Decent pay, but not worth the stress, abuse, and bullying.
    One of the only good things about this company is that you will be able to pad your résumé, because they will have to do any job and every job they can throw at you without giving you a choice before you snap. Then they'll pile on a little more and tell you that you are difficult and not a team player for telling management it's too much.

Cons

Everything. They cut benefits and PTO. They took away 401k match. They say they will pay you for continuing education or conferences but good luck getting any time off for it or any time off in general. There are so many restrictions and rules about vacation that no one can ever use it. Then they did away with PTO rollover so you can't even keep the time you were never able to use.
    They lie in interviews about what you can expect and then once you've accepted a job, management will suddenly tell you they want you to work a completely different schedule than you were told and give you way more responsibilities than you were told.
    They also lie and tell people they are being groomed for management and then hire someone externally.
    If you resist on anything they want you to do even if you have a good reason, you are labeled as difficult and are bullied until you fold. It doesn't matter what you're background is, a nursing license is a free pass for them to assign you anything they want. There is definitely an attitude that employees should simply be grateful that they are allowed to work there and accept the give more/get less culture. They do not even provide office supplies, coffee, or a microwave. And they got rid of the cafeteria. Good luck ever having something considered employee appreciation. You are required to adjust your work schedule so that any "fun" events are outside your working hours. You are also expected to work the full day on Christmas eve and only one person. From each department is allowed to have either the day before or the day after holidays off.

Advice to Management

The term "Employee Owner" is not a term you can throw at people just to make them shut their mouth and do what they are told. This new initiative to attract and retain employees from the "millenial generation" is not going to be successful unless you realize that the main thing they want is work-life balance and to be respected, not abused and bullied into doing what they are told. Offer incentive and show you understand people are making sacrifices. And maybe have ANY of your managers take a single management class. Also, look at long term solutions instead of an all or nothing perspective. Look at the age group of your employees. Unless you change some things and how you treat the people that are keeping your business going, you will never be able to retain a younger workforce that will give the company longevity.

"Telligen Review"

Current Employee - Health Informatics Solutions Coordinator in West Des Moines, IA

Pros

Culture and Benefits are highlights of working for Telligen. Each year the company tries to do more for their employees by adding perks to the culture.

Cons

Company seems to not want to Promote from within. Upper Management usually comes from outside of the company. I started with Telligen at an entry level position and have worked to get to this position. When I completed a masters degree and inquired about a Management position was told that they seek management from outside the company.

Advice to Management

Spend more time mentoring and guiding employees on their career path.

"Great culture but company values need to be aligned to current work force"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Telligen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Telligen will support employees and encourage them to go to various trainings to make them more valuable. The management, in my experience, has been friendly and supportive. I was given many opportunities to grow and this has been a very positive experience. They are also extremely transparent with almost everything that goes on and while they're work is based off of contracts, your job is not. They "have your back", so to speak.

Cons

Unfortunately despite the many "pros" Telligen provides motivation and incentive that is mostly verbal. You'll receive praise and awards even, but when you take on additional responsibility, salary does not increase. They sort of hide behind the "employee owned" title and you never see pay raises that are aligned to what you are expected to perform. If I was to go to another company, it would be certain that I would receive a 20-30% pay raise doing the same work. At times I have felt penalized for out-performing the job they hired me to do. Again, a lot of verbal praise but nothing materializes out of it.

Advice to Management

Understand that you can attract top talent but to keep them with the company, you have to show you value them. You do an excellent job maintaining an enjoyable company culture but at times I feel my only option for growth is moving to another company.