Telquest Reviews | Glassdoor

Alfred Adel

1. "Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Wayne, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at Telquest full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been working at Telquest for over 10 years .The company gives you all the tools and training to be successful.Being in sales is not an easy job in general but i have manged to do it well with the help from the company .

Cons

I work from 8 am to 6 pm Monday to Friday and do 2 hours of sales training per week

Advice to Management

Like to do more roll playing

"16 year Sales Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at Telquest full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great compensation, above average training, many employees have been with the company 15+ years and are like family. I started with Telquest right out of college. I had no corporate or sales experience. I was given the opportunity to train full time for 3 months, before selling full time. During my 3 months of training, I was educated on sales, as well as in depth product training (something that is rarely offered in our industry). During this period, I was also able to build my database of customers with the help of management. After 3 months, I more than doubled my salary. Once you get your database set up, its a matter of keeping your customers happy, and the sales will come in. Your customers are repeat customers, so you can count on a certain amount of sales to come in. Work environment, though intense at times, is still a fun atmosphere. The sales team all works to help each other out, and I enjoy seeing everyone socially after work as well. 10 years ago, my health declined out of no where. I was able to take time off to get well, without the fear that my job wouldn't be there when I got back, or that my position would be given away. After I returned to work, the owner and managers always worked with my schedule so that I could go to the doctor any time I needed to. It was very reassuring that I knew my boss and coworkers would cover for me, and help me as much as possible when I needed them the most. We also have a yearly holiday party, and we also have company parties during lunch time, or at a restaurant to reward employees for a job well done.

Cons

We are not selling a product that we produce ourselves, so if the manufacturer is having a problem with parts on backorder, or with a recall, or with a late delivery because an item is special order, you have to find a way to keep the customer happy until the matter is resolved. There is nothing you can do on your end other than to keep them updated. Market is very competitive, so you have to stay on top of market prices from your competitors so you don't lose deals. You are expected to train on your own time, but I personally feel that is necessary no matter where you work.

Advice to Management

Help the sales reps to come up with ways to upsell to their customers to increase their sales.

"Working for Telquest its been 3 years and hope for more"

Current Employee - ECommerce Manager in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at Telquest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Since i was Hired and the process was fast and really humble from the CEO and the HR.
    They treated as family , i have progressed in this company and my salary increased and i wouldn't be more happier . No one asked me to submit a Review and definitely im not LYING as some claim that we do . Love my Job , love the environment . The CEO helped me on a work level and on the personal Level and i thank him for that /

Thank you Telquest and hope for more and better years .

Cons

I have no negative things to say besides , the bad reviews that has been posted below and im 100% they are not correct .

5. "I have been here for 9 years and counting"

Current Employee - Administrative/Sales in Wayne, NJ
    Current Employee - Administrative/Sales in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at Telquest full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very flexible and understanding if/when something happens when I need to be out of the office for a medical reason.
    Fun environment, we acknowledge birthdays and an employee's tenure with the company.
    Family atmosphere, all of the reps in sales help each other. All of the administrative employees also help each other.
    Job security, we keep up with trends in the industry and are very proactive and always thinking of the future.
    Good benefits after trial period.
    We don't only hire based on skills, we hire based on personality and look for workers that would fit into our family atmosphere.
    We offer the ability for some of our workers to work from home during bad weather.

Cons

Just a little traffic during the holidays and shopping season because we are near Rt 46, 80, and 23.

"Horrible Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

I worked at Telquest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. The President is lucky to have a few good people who still work there.

Cons

Where to start? The company CEO talks negatively about his employees in front of others. He also thinks it's acceptable to answer personal phone calls in the middle of meetings and interviews. No matter what position you have in this company, your life will suck. If you're in sales, you will lose your base after a few months and have to slave away 24/7 to make some kind of commission. Oh, and if the company is closed due to a holiday, the CEO will make you work extended shifts all week. If you work in the warehouse, you will literally get paid the minimum wage and have horrible working conditions. They refuse to pay for a proper air conditioner so you will feel you are in a sauna all summer long. If you work in admin, you will never get a raise. Oh, and about these reviews, most of them are FAKE! The CEO forced his employees (myself included) to write positive ones or there would be "consequences". If you're seeking employment.. stay away! This company is disgusting and cannot retain any good talent!

Advice to Management

Stop being so cheap, sexist, racist, and gossipy. Act like managers and owners and listen to your employees when they have real issues that need attending to. Oh, and you should probably start giving proper job titles to employees rather then leaving it up to them to give themselves one. This is why you have no structure. Everyone wants to call themselves a "manager".

"My daily work at Telquest"

Current Employee - ECommerce Manager in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at Telquest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing better then waking up and driving to work with a smile on ur face , excited , my experience so far in this company is a blast , mixed between professional and some quality time , environement family oriented , work is great , satisfied very in a personal level and financial level , work hard , strive , reach your goals and you will be awarded!

Cons

Challenges always exist , thats why we improve ourselves and get promoted !

Advice to Management

Positive , smile , happy .

8. "Working at Telquest"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Management Associate in Wayne, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Management Associate in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at Telquest full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere and flexible hours with good people in every department. Casual dress code for times when I don't feel like dressing up. I get a chance to do different things on a daily basis and help train new employees. We celebrate holidays with fun work parties with great food and have time off during Christmas break. Very helpful to me during times I am sick, I'm able to keep a job while recovering. I wouldn't be able to do that at other places.

Cons

We could use some help. We can benefit from having some good sales people as well as add a technician. There is always work to go around and you can never have enough good people.

9. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Wayne, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at Telquest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are only held back by your willingness to work

On going training

Unlimited commission

Located on major highway hub

Cons

Long hours, 8am - 6pm

Expectations are high for you to succeed quickly

Be prepared to have to shift gears quickly between product lines and categories of customers

"Horrible management/atmosphere/company"

Former Employee - Sales Manager/Trainer in Wayne, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Manager/Trainer in Wayne, NJ

I worked at Telquest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will be around some seasoned sales people, gain experience in sales, have access to some decent training DVD's.

Cons

Dirt pay, miserable hours. CAMERAS ON THE COMPUTERS TO WATCH YOU WORK! Deceptive interview process - I was on several interviews and the whole operation seemed unorganized. They told me that they deal with people gently but as soon as I was hired, I saw the real story. I have a feeling some of the reviews that have been posted are fake by the way, they are all tonally similar and do not really give a balanced perspective.

Advice to Management

Change the way you train new employees, and have you floor supervisors talk to subordinates like human beings - not in the berating, abusive way I saw.

11. "Great Experience"

Current Employee - Assistant of Director of Operations in Wayne, NJ
    Current Employee - Assistant of Director of Operations in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at Telquest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In the short time I’ve been working for Telquest, I’ve had the opportunity to learn so much from those around me. So far my experience here has been great, the working environment is very easygoing, everyone has been very helpful, and great at explaining new concepts. I’m glad I was given the opportunity to be part of this team.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Amazing that you give equal opportunities to everyone.