Telquest Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Wayne, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at Telquest full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been working at Telquest for over 10 years .The company gives you all the tools and training to be successful.Being in sales is not an easy job in general but i have manged to do it well with the help from the company .

Cons

I work from 8 am to 6 pm Monday to Friday and do 2 hours of sales training per week

Advice to Management

Like to do more roll playing

2. "Great Place to Gain Experience and Learn Sales"

I worked at Telquest full-time

Pros

Great Place to Gain Experience and Learn Sales - Fast-Paced environment, fun sales staff. You can make really decent money.

Cons

Too much micro-management for a full-commission position. No base salary once commission kicks in. No vacation or sick days. Hi-stress atmosphere at times. Unreasonable goals.

3. "Not for me"

I worked at Telquest full-time

Pros

Great opportunities , good money when on commission .

Cons

Long hours , stress full environment

"16 year Sales Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at Telquest full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great compensation, above average training, many employees have been with the company 15+ years and are like family. I started with Telquest right out of college. I had no corporate or sales experience. I was given the opportunity to train full time for 3 months, before selling full time. During my 3 months of training, I was educated on sales, as well as in depth product training (something that is rarely offered in our industry). During this period, I was also able to build my database of customers with the help of management. After 3 months, I more than doubled my salary. Once you get your database set up, its a matter of keeping your customers happy, and the sales will come in. Your customers are repeat customers, so you can count on a certain amount of sales to come in. Work environment, though intense at times, is still a fun atmosphere. The sales team all works to help each other out, and I enjoy seeing everyone socially after work as well. 10 years ago, my health declined out of no where. I was able to take time off to get well, without the fear that my job wouldn't be there when I got back, or that my position would be given away. After I returned to work, the owner and managers always worked with my schedule so that I could go to the doctor any time I needed to. It was very reassuring that I knew my boss and coworkers would cover for me, and help me as much as possible when I needed them the most. We also have a yearly holiday party, and we also have company parties during lunch time, or at a restaurant to reward employees for a job well done.

Cons

We are not selling a product that we produce ourselves, so if the manufacturer is having a problem with parts on backorder, or with a recall, or with a late delivery because an item is special order, you have to find a way to keep the customer happy until the matter is resolved. There is nothing you can do on your end other than to keep them updated. Market is very competitive, so you have to stay on top of market prices from your competitors so you don't lose deals. You are expected to train on your own time, but I personally feel that is necessary no matter where you work.

Advice to Management

Help the sales reps to come up with ways to upsell to their customers to increase their sales.

"Working for Telquest its been 3 years and hope for more"

Current Employee - ECommerce Manager in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at Telquest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Since i was Hired and the process was fast and really humble from the CEO and the HR.
    They treated as family , i have progressed in this company and my salary increased and i wouldn't be more happier . No one asked me to submit a Review and definitely im not LYING as some claim that we do . Love my Job , love the environment . The CEO helped me on a work level and on the personal Level and i thank him for that /

Thank you Telquest and hope for more and better years .

Cons

I have no negative things to say besides , the bad reviews that has been posted below and im 100% they are not correct .

6. "I have been here for 9 years and counting"

Current Employee - Administrative/Sales in Wayne, NJ
    Current Employee - Administrative/Sales in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at Telquest full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very flexible and understanding if/when something happens when I need to be out of the office for a medical reason.
    Fun environment, we acknowledge birthdays and an employee's tenure with the company.
    Family atmosphere, all of the reps in sales help each other. All of the administrative employees also help each other.
    Job security, we keep up with trends in the industry and are very proactive and always thinking of the future.
    Good benefits after trial period.
    We don't only hire based on skills, we hire based on personality and look for workers that would fit into our family atmosphere.
    We offer the ability for some of our workers to work from home during bad weather.

Cons

Just a little traffic during the holidays and shopping season because we are near Rt 46, 80, and 23.

7. "All the positive reviews are LIES, EVERY SINGLE PERSON THAT WORKS THERE HATES IT!"

I worked at Telquest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is nothing good about this company expect for the Sales manager , solid guy

Cons

Quite simply the worst possible work environment imaginable .The C.E.O. deploys a level of micro management that is incomprehensible. BY FAR the most egotistical, condescending, greedy, delusional person i have ever met. They have a laughable turn over rate, people come and go on a monthly basis, They have about 10 sales reps that have been there for a while, they do as they please while the C.E.O jumps up and down yelling at them. The rest of the company is comprised of young kids who don't know any better, get treated like slaves, and fired within 3 months. If you take a job there you will realize within the first week that everyone there is miserable, and you will be too.

Advice to Management

Fire everyone but the 10 sales reps that have been with you for a while, down size and stop treating people like slaves.

"Horrible Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

I worked at Telquest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. The President is lucky to have a few good people who still work there.

Cons

Where to start? The company CEO talks negatively about his employees in front of others. He also thinks it's acceptable to answer personal phone calls in the middle of meetings and interviews. No matter what position you have in this company, your life will suck. If you're in sales, you will lose your base after a few months and have to slave away 24/7 to make some kind of commission. Oh, and if the company is closed due to a holiday, the CEO will make you work extended shifts all week. If you work in the warehouse, you will literally get paid the minimum wage and have horrible working conditions. They refuse to pay for a proper air conditioner so you will feel you are in a sauna all summer long. If you work in admin, you will never get a raise. Oh, and about these reviews, most of them are FAKE! The CEO forced his employees (myself included) to write positive ones or there would be "consequences". If you're seeking employment.. stay away! This company is disgusting and cannot retain any good talent!

Advice to Management

Stop being so cheap, sexist, racist, and gossipy. Act like managers and owners and listen to your employees when they have real issues that need attending to. Oh, and you should probably start giving proper job titles to employees rather then leaving it up to them to give themselves one. This is why you have no structure. Everyone wants to call themselves a "manager".

"Abusive President, Terrible Benefits, Looonnng Hours"

Pros

None. Whatsoever. Not a one.

Cons

The President has "encouraged" his employees to write positive reviews. He thinks that yelling at the top of his lungs constitutes appropriate workplace behavior. He plays favorites, doesn't grant raises, and expects obscenely long hours. He's also dirt cheap, and treats his warehouse employees like they're garbage, and doesn't extend the most minimal consideration to them (like an AC).

Advice to Management

There is nothing I can say to management that they would listen to.

"My daily work at Telquest"

Current Employee - ECommerce Manager in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at Telquest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing better then waking up and driving to work with a smile on ur face , excited , my experience so far in this company is a blast , mixed between professional and some quality time , environement family oriented , work is great , satisfied very in a personal level and financial level , work hard , strive , reach your goals and you will be awarded!

Cons

Challenges always exist , thats why we improve ourselves and get promoted !

Advice to Management

Positive , smile , happy .