Telvent Reviews | Glassdoor

Ignacio González Domínguez

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

I have been working at Telvent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of talent and industry knowledge. One of the last places not use the SCRUM methodology. It can be done.

Cons

Lots of working in "silos". One talented architect, one not so talented = taking 2 steps forwards and one step back.

Advice to Management

I have no advice to give. This happens at all companies. They should give more preparation in college on how to deal with these real life office politics.

2. "Good company to work for."

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Telvent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good training and independence to work on projects.

Cons

Lack of support for remote offices.

"in 8 years, I made good friends and great money, doing challenging, interesting things."

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Burnsville, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Burnsville, MN

I worked at Telvent full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

in 8 years, I made good friends and great money, doing challenging, interesting things. there weren't a lot of crappy rules, ugly people, and no outright evil.

Cons

Although Fimi became part of a huge multinational, there wasn't any communication or movement between divisions at the technical worker level. My attempts to move on to greener pastures were not well received. The time I spent there hurt my career in some ways. I was stuck using obsolete languages that didn't help my resume. Once you're an expert, more years doing it really don't help. In hind site, I didn't spend ANY time at telvent advancing my career, other then being able to say that I worked there a long time and made them millions.

"Great job, great people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CO

I worked at Telvent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The facility is nice, they have invested in their employees and it feels like a group of friends working together. One of the first places I worked at that heavily used VMware and used it very well.

Cons

Use Lotus Notes and Blackberries (2010, maybe different now).

Advice to Management

I enjoyed working there and with most of the managers I encountered. Advise, keep investing in your talented crew, provide career paths.

6. "Usual challenges facing a rapidly growing company"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Fort Collins, CO

Pros

Good work environment and innovative technologies

Cons

Company isn't investing in people, and growing the respective deployment teams as well as it should be.

"Working to remain relevant."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Houston, TX

Pros

Telvent has a highly competent and energetic technical staff. They are well positioned for the smart grid market, with a stable and expandable product offering, and a good reputation in the industry. Recent acquisitions give them fresh blood that has broadened their approach and slowed down some of the bureaucracy.

Cons

Telvent continues to fight through the parent’s bureaucracy that focuses large amounts of effort internally instead of on the competition or customer. Forced business practices lead to increased costs of business in an already tight market. The absence of internal following of North America GAAP requires an inordinately large finance department. The above internal focus takes away from product/customer focus which has allowed the remainder of the industry to catch up, and in some cases pass, what was the leading edge product.

Advice to Management

Stop focusing on short term stock gains and work to build realistic long term growth. Utilize substantial and targeted investment in key areas to solve customer’s problems. Work to stamp out the ‘only if it was invented here’ philosophy that continues to plague the product development engine and slows deplyoment.

8. "Great place to work where management really does care..."

Current Employee - Project Manager in Fort Collins, CO

Pros

The company is solid financially and in this tough economy, that's important. The technology that is being developed and implemented for customers all over the world is very leading edge and interesting. Project implementations are fast paced and challenging. You have the opportunity to work on multiple projects at the same time and the work is NEVER dull. The management team is very good.

Cons

This one is tough because you have to dig kind of deep to find them. The company does need to invest in some better administrative systems for managing time, etc., but that is really nit picking just to have something to fill in here. It really is a great company.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the company putting us in the position to continue as a leader in our market.

9. "Great Company"

I worked at Telvent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Positive collaborative environment. Employees were open to new ideas & open discussion.
    Challenges and priorities were communicated openly and there was a positive reactionary flow to work when dealing with unexpected challenges.

Cons

Last minute code changes were always stressful, but that's going to happen in any development firm dealing with release schedules.

10. "Great place to work"

Pros

very flexible hours and great people to work with. The teams have lots of fun outside of work. I have enjoyed my time so far here.

Cons

the travel requirements of this position are heavy. It does pay off with the flexible schedule when you're not traveling though.

11. "Televnt"

I worked at Telvent full-time

Pros

International projects were really interesting

Cons

Difficulties due to the acquisition and selling