Temenos Reviews | Glassdoor

Temenos CEO David Arnott
David Arnott

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Their work life balance is ensured (in 13 reviews)

• Senior management is so worse that they will put their work also on you (in 15 reviews)

1. "Great mix"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Temenos full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible time, tough projects, demanding yet rewarding work

Cons

The software quality is not where it needs to be

Advice to Management

Improve quality

2. "ok"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in India, MS
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in India, MS

I worked at Temenos full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

no work pressure .nice place to work

Cons

nothing to learn new things

Advice to Management

n/a

3. "You will be busy"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Malvern, PA

I worked at Temenos full-time

Pros

Lots of work
    Product focused company
    Enterprise software

Cons

Room for growth
    Pay and bonuses
    Inflexible process
    Little individual acknowledgement for technical achievements
    Turnover

"This cycle of vicious managers must be broken."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I worked at Temenos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Healthcare starts on day 1.

Cons

I welcome anyone who is looking for abusive management and emotional rollercoasters. Here you will find that many managers drive success by threatening and shaming their employees to work harder as well as telling their employees to lie to clients. Make one mistake because you're new and information is chaotic and documentation is lacking? Then you better watch your back because your manager will most likely threaten to fire you! Or even better, your manger will call you out in front of all of your colleagues for the mistake you make and compare you with them.

It's one thing if you lie to customers who are looking to buy clothes that they look in the jacket they picked out when they don't. It's a serious violation when we are told to LIE or NOT tell our clients that the software does not protect our client's customer's information safely and that they could be hacked easily. This was fixed eventually but who knows what else the software is exposing? Instead we were told to lie about it or play dumb. This is the Temenos way. If this is what you are looking for in a company, then this will be a good fit.

Is your manger in a bad mood? Then please watch out and be on your best behavior and stay out of the way or you might end up being the poor victim that management will lash out on.

Looking for a company with high turn over? This is it ladies and gens! I've noticed during my time here that at almost least 1 person from the team quits every month. Meaning if you were to stay at this company for 1 year, it is very likely that at least 10 people would have already left the team. Please don't let them fool you by saying people quit because of the travel required for the job or the weekly on-call shifts. Most people travel well under 30% (the whole year) and there is a rotation for when you should be on-call. Also because people quit so frequently, most of the team is composed of newer people who are still learning the software. So if you expect there to be experts then you're out of luck. The very few experts on the team are jammed packed with projects and have little time to help you out.

PS: If you're dumb as bricks but your relative/spouse/significant person is part of upper management? Then don't worry! You will never be fired or picked on. You will have an invisible shield protecting you at all time!

Advice to Management

I hear about having additional management training for managers but this will not fix the problem. These managers have no empathy. Did your family member die? " Let me when you can work again" Have health problems? "dont get behind on your work". Did your car break down? "when can you get online?" etc etc etc. Please do not have the management continuously abuse these innocent employees. A lot of the people from the team are wonderful people and deserve better. Having more management training will not fix the problem. This cycle of vicious managers must be broken by having real people will real management experience/background. Promoting people JUST because of the number of years they've been with the company is wrong. Not everyone is fit to be a manager, not everyone has the personality needed to manage people.

5. "Working at Temenos"

I have been working at Temenos full-time

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities.

Cons

Like many other large companies with tentacles in lots of different areas they can make some very poor business decisions.

6. "Software Engineer"

I worked at Temenos full-time

Pros

overall a good experience as a starter

Cons

lack transparency . must give importance to talent than experience.

7. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Temenos full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company to work for and good pay given to me.

Cons

It's all about who you know...

"Gave me Job Offer Physically then Rescinded it"

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Malvern, PA

I worked at Temenos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people in the office and me did hit off. They thought I was a very good programmer.

Cons

They took the job away after offering it because of background issues but would not tell me what the issue was. I did have a misdemeanor but I had made reasonable efforts to disclose it. It's quite possible that it was a negative reference or something they found on the internet.

Advice to Management

Your local office knows what it is doing. Do not veto them when they've already offered someone a job.

9. "Software Engineer"

I worked at Temenos full-time

Pros

There is a lot to learn when it comes to banking and you will working on the world's number one banking software product

Cons

The administration is not very friendly

"The management team is a complete disaster. They do not support the employees at all, and do not care about customers."

Current Employee - Consultant in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Temenos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

To gain experience in another software platform. Some of their company gatherings are nice. Otherwise, I cannot think of any mire Pros.

Cons

Managers are immature. They yell at employees in meetings, lose tempers easily, and lie to customers. They also tell employees to lie to customers. All around bad environment.
    In the beginning my major issues were with the complete lack of training and direction, but now they seem like small problems compared to the management team.
    The management team actually asks their team for advice on improvement and then when someone gives any input, the managers belittle the person who speaks up by telling them "there is no problem, it's just with you." So then people stop coming up with ideas, and then management screams in meetings that nobody has any input. It is absolutely almost comically insane.

Advice to Management

Promote people according to management skills, not according to who stayed long enough to have the job and you will not have such high turn over in your departments.