Tempur Sealy International Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Scott L. Thompson

Pros
  • Competitive salary, great benefits (in 10 reviews)

• great work environment, everyone i worked with was great (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • New CEO doesn't have industry experience (in 6 reviews)

• Upper management will take no responsibility for their actions and leave you hanging (in 6 reviews)

1. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Tempur Sealy International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good salary and benefits
    good management
    flexibility

Cons

Typical drawbacks of working for public corporations. Shareholders are the first consideration.

"It's a job...."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Tempur Sealy International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company events, good supervisors, safety focused, great team in the production parts.

Cons

New leaders are negative. Our production is never enough. Don't recognize good jobs, always say couldn't you do one more? Always think we're doing something wrong. Have to use vacation time when we shutdown because of they're poor planning. Don't care about the hourly workers. It's becoming a sweatshop.

Advice to Management

Realize the impact the negative leaders are having on the workforce and other leaders. Make a change before it's too late and good workers leave.

"Great Brands, Okay Company"

Current Employee - Senior Territory Manager in Portland, ME
    Current Employee - Senior Territory Manager in Portland, ME

I have been working at Tempur Sealy International (More than 5 years)

Pros

TSI offers solid compensation and you are selling the best brands in the industry. They do offer decent healthcare and there are some truly great people who work for this company.

Cons

They have made many changes in the past year that have been detrimental for their employees. The health benefits have become sub-par especially if you need to cover your spouse and or children. They have taken away mileage for account reps and replaced it with a company car which you are required to pay toward. They also have recently created sales targets way above realistic expectations to prevent employees from taking advantage of the bonus compensation program making it very difficult to make your total compensation target. They also capped cost of living wage increase after a massive layoff last year at 2%.

5. "A lot of changes in recent years. I'm satisfied with the overall direction of the company."

Current Employee - Senior Territory Sales Manager in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Territory Sales Manager in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Tempur Sealy International (More than 5 years)

Pros

A lot of good people work here. I've personally had a lot of opportunities to learn and gain new skill sets.

Cons

At times communication can be lacking between departments. The company sometimes makes desperate moves when sales are down- they can be good in the short term but have negative consequences in the long term. They seem to be doing this less over the last year though. There has consistently been a reorganization every September/October since 2012.

6. "Employee at Tempur + Sealy"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Conyers, GA
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Conyers, GA

I have been working at Tempur Sealy International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great salary and benefits. Pay is very good.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to get in touch with management.

Advice to Management

Could be a little easier to get in touch with.

"Sales job with great work/life & benefits"

Current Employee - Part Time Associate in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Part Time Associate in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Tempur Sealy International part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I first started I was a bit nervous going into the mattress industry. I assumed it was going to be super shady or competitive like car sales or other mattress places. It isn't like that at all we don't even get commission. It's just a really solid hourly pay with light cleaning and occasional shipments.

It is sales, so if you like sales this is an amazing job. If you prefer retail like forever 21 where it's more folding and organizing this is going to feel difficult. But if you are sales this places (once again) amazing. The managers look at your overall trend so if you have a bad week or couple they get it. You don't really get in trouble as long as they see effort and an overall good trend.

If it's really slow and it's overstuffed, or they randomly need you to come in last second you are guaranteed at least four hours pay which is really cool. So if you get cut at the 2 hour mark or come in to work only 1 hour you get paid for 4.

They are super accommodating for request off and make the schedules 3 weeks in advance.

Benefits for a part time associate

- free Tempur-Pedic mattress (you get to choose from a selection) for new hire award
    -free Tempur-Pedic pillow (randomly selected)
    -free Tempur-Pedic slippers during winter time
    -56 hours of sick pay
    -dental benefits
    -medical benefits
    -life insurance

When a family member died they were so ridiculously kind and helpful. I've worked at places where they try to guilt you to work your given shifts but they told me to go home and take as much time as needed. You get 5 days paid bereavement which is also a great benefit.

Cons

-It's retail so Saturdays and Sunday's are a given.
    -the flagship POS system could use a bit more work to make it more efficient

Advice to Management

IT people need to work with the stores to make the POS system more efficient

"Engineer"

Current Employee - Engineer in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Engineer in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Tempur Sealy International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Pay and Good Benefits

Cons

They drive the plant like a speed boat when it's more like a cargo ship. Engineers always scrambling to make changes. Poor Management. No communication. Big rivals with co-workers.
    HR not there for the Salary Jobs.

Advice to Management

Communicate more.

"Manager, Global IT"

Current Employee - Manager, IT in Lexington, KY
    Current Employee - Manager, IT in Lexington, KY

I have been working at Tempur Sealy International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility in schedule. Freedom and encouragement to grow. You are only as much as you need to be, those who flourish by being given the freedom to manage themselves will love it here and as long as you stay on track you can do anything. Management want employees to give their opinion and offer up suggestions, however once a decision is made you need to back it if you want to stay in management

Cons

Shareholders have let an activist investment group take charge. We have lost 15% or more of the work force because of it and there is talk of cutting back Tempur Sealy's share of insurance converge from around 70%+ to just 40%. There are so many peroneal changes still underway you don't know if you will be employed tomorrow or not.

Advice to Management

the K-8 form files on October 29th describes Project 650. To move the company from an EBITDA of 450 Million to 650 Million in two years and then reward only the senior executives tells your employees two things. First, there are more cutbacks in our future and second the folks that actually make it happen are meaningless to the company as they do not get to share in the projects payout.

10. "Good company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thomasville, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thomasville, NC

I have been working at Tempur Sealy International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company, great
    Benifits, always learning

Cons

Most days more work than we can accomplish

"I was a Full Time Assembly Technician 1 and the Job was really easy and environment friendly place."

Current Employee - Assembly Technician in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Assembly Technician in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Tempur Sealy International (Less than a year)

Pros

Company cares for the workers.
    Easy Job.
    Schedules are good.
    Flexible Supervisors

Cons

Pay grade is not the best.

Advice to Management

Management is just fine and the way to communicate with coworkers is essential to perform a nice Job.