Tempur Sealy International Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 6, 2017

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Scott L. Thompson

Pros
  • Competitive salary, great benefits (in 10 reviews)

• Good pay for an intern position (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • New CEO doesn't have industry experience (in 6 reviews)

• Upper management will take no responsibility for their actions and leave you hanging (in 6 reviews)

"Great company; great environment"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Tempur Sealy International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Enjoyed the way they take care of their employees; changing working environment. Management is great and they provide upward mobility.

Cons

Sometimes attempt to be too modern and make too many unnecessary changes. They offer a niche product that has a market and can just stick w what works.

Advice to Management

Keep doing that your are doing. Awesome job

2. "Tempur-Sealy Thumbs up"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Tempur Sealy International (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great working environment. Takes care of its employees top to bottom. Provides upward mobility and friendly work setting. Changing working environment.

Cons

Makes too much of an effort to stay in front of other 'same industry technology'. Has a niche product and should stick with what works rather than making needless changes to seem in front of current

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Take care of your employees and the company will continue to grow and be great. THUMBS UP.

3. "Great Company"

Former Employee - National Account Manager in High Point, NC
    Former Employee - National Account Manager in High Point, NC

I worked at Tempur Sealy International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great brands that are easy to sell

Cons

A little too much PE running around

"Team Leader"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Schaumburg, IL

Pros

I worked for one of the Tempur-Pedic flagship stores for about a year and a half and never have I gained better sales experience anywhere else! The managers really care about your well being and will groom you to be the best sales person you can be! The pay is higher than any other retail position I've had in the past. Tempur-Pedic closes its doors on Thanksgiving which is great, also! Goals and expectations were clearly communicated and if I ever had any trouble or needed any help, everyone was more than willing to do so. The discount is AMAZING and soon you'll turn your entire family and friends into Tempur-Pedic owners. The manager is great at working around your schedule and your needs. They often run fun contests and you'll always find extra ways to earn cash bonuses or prizes. My coworkers at Tempur-Pedic became my work family and they are some of the best around! Everyone that I had the pleasure of meeting at corporate was always so friendly and helpful, also.

Cons

There are none that I can think of. If you want sales experience and work in retail, this is the place to be!

5. "Great Company"

Former Intern - Operationsand New Product Development in Duffield, VA
    Former Intern - Operationsand New Product Development in Duffield, VA

I worked at Tempur Sealy International as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is really good here and the open culture allows for communication on all levels from floor workers to plant managers. The people are the strength of this company.

Cons

Overuse of temporary employees. Bureaucratic setting when it comes to projects. Not enough free rein on trying to make things happen.

Advice to Management

Keep working towards an integration of departments. Push to establishing full time employees to allow for team building and make a stronger team, a stronger department, a stronger plant, and a stronger company.

6. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duffield, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duffield, VA

I worked at Tempur Sealy International full-time

Pros

The pay is good, people are very nice and the company seems to care about their employees. Overall I had a great experience working here.

Cons

I can't think of a single one other than the lack of places to eat in town. I have no complaints about the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Sales job with great work/life & benefits"

Current Employee - Part Time Associate in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Part Time Associate in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Tempur Sealy International part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I first started I was a bit nervous going into the mattress industry. I assumed it was going to be super shady or competitive like car sales or other mattress places. It isn't like that at all we don't even get commission. It's just a really solid hourly pay with light cleaning and occasional shipments.

It is sales, so if you like sales this is an amazing job. If you prefer retail like forever 21 where it's more folding and organizing this is going to feel difficult. But if you are sales this places (once again) amazing. The managers look at your overall trend so if you have a bad week or couple they get it. You don't really get in trouble as long as they see effort and an overall good trend.

If it's really slow and it's overstuffed, or they randomly need you to come in last second you are guaranteed at least four hours pay which is really cool. So if you get cut at the 2 hour mark or come in to work only 1 hour you get paid for 4.

They are super accommodating for request off and make the schedules 3 weeks in advance.

Benefits for a part time associate

- free Tempur-Pedic mattress (you get to choose from a selection) for new hire award
    -free Tempur-Pedic pillow (randomly selected)
    -free Tempur-Pedic slippers during winter time
    -56 hours of sick pay
    -dental benefits
    -medical benefits
    -life insurance

When a family member died they were so ridiculously kind and helpful. I've worked at places where they try to guilt you to work your given shifts but they told me to go home and take as much time as needed. You get 5 days paid bereavement which is also a great benefit.

Cons

-It's retail so Saturdays and Sunday's are a given.
    -the flagship POS system could use a bit more work to make it more efficient

Advice to Management

IT people need to work with the stores to make the POS system more efficient

8. "Analyst Programmer"

Former Employee - Computer Programmer/Analyst in Archdale, NC
    Former Employee - Computer Programmer/Analyst in Archdale, NC

I worked at Tempur Sealy International (More than 10 years)

Pros

IT people were wonderful people to work with. Department managers were always willing to listen to any concerns.

Cons

Upper management needs to be more involved with IT

9. "Good company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thomasville, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thomasville, NC

I have been working at Tempur Sealy International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company, great
    Benifits, always learning

Cons

Most days more work than we can accomplish

10. "Intern"

Former Employee - Internal Audit Intern in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Internal Audit Intern in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Tempur Sealy International (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company and great people

Cons

There might be reduction sometimes.