Tempur Sealy International Reviews | Glassdoor

Tempur Sealy International Reviews

Updated March 18, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Competitive salary, great benefits (in 9 reviews)

• great work environment, everyone i worked with was great (in 8 reviews)

1. "Contract planner"

Pros

Lexington team has a strong 'can-do' campus vibe. it's a work hard environment with true professionals among the group.

Cons

Lots of 'tribal knowledge' where you must earn your stripes and that takes time!

Advice to Management

open up the silos with cross functional team updates.

2. "Not Perfect, but Good"

I have been working at Tempur Sealy International full-time

Pros

the job is tough, with many moving parts and the climate changes with incredible velocity. The big win is the people. I love the people we work with.

Cons

while the culture is present it is still siloed between departments.

Advice to Management

thank you for what you do, but keep working on developing a rich culture. I think we are trying but it needs to start at the top. Perhaps it already it is but i haven't seen compelling evidence yet.

3. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duffield, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duffield, VA

I worked at Tempur Sealy International full-time

Pros

The pay is good, people are very nice and the company seems to care about their employees. Overall I had a great experience working here.

Cons

I can't think of a single one other than the lack of places to eat in town. I have no complaints about the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

5. "Employee at Tempur + Sealy"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Conyers, GA
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Conyers, GA

I have been working at Tempur Sealy International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great salary and benefits. Pay is very good.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to get in touch with management.

Advice to Management

Could be a little easier to get in touch with.

"Consumer Care Specialist"

Former Employee - Consumer Care Specialist in Trinity, NC
    Former Employee - Consumer Care Specialist in Trinity, NC

Pros

The benefits were Great benefits

Cons

Terrible hours, Micromangement, None of the management is familiar with your work, no one in the department has been there a year, they are constantly changing your job daily, in your job interview they lie about what your job is, the management was fired from Ralph Lauren Polo and rehired at Tempur, the human resources and management team are very unprofessional they deduct your check for being late for 5 minutes and then they change it and then they have a meeting and say you can be 10 minutes late and then they write a person up for being one minute late? Also they have four people that are always late and they only wrote up one black person and not the two white ones. And when a black and white girl got in to an argument they only wrote up the black girl. The supervisor also counsel another employee while another employee was there. The manager called human resources before asking the young lady what the situation was and she was going to have the young lady reprimanded before asking the situation.

Advice to Management

Invest in Management classes and being classy you may decrease your turnover and get a new marketing team. Also do a better job with your training department instead of a two week training. the information is way too much, maybe get someone local that can devote the time and is note rushed to get back home to check on a dog and that is home sick. And someone that has an agenda.

"Sales job with great work/life & benefits"

Current Employee - Part Time Associate in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Part Time Associate in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Tempur Sealy International part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I first started I was a bit nervous going into the mattress industry. I assumed it was going to be super shady or competitive like car sales or other mattress places. It isn't like that at all we don't even get commission. It's just a really solid hourly pay with light cleaning and occasional shipments.

It is sales, so if you like sales this is an amazing job. If you prefer retail like forever 21 where it's more folding and organizing this is going to feel difficult. But if you are sales this places (once again) amazing. The managers look at your overall trend so if you have a bad week or couple they get it. You don't really get in trouble as long as they see effort and an overall good trend.

If it's really slow and it's overstuffed, or they randomly need you to come in last second you are guaranteed at least four hours pay which is really cool. So if you get cut at the 2 hour mark or come in to work only 1 hour you get paid for 4.

They are super accommodating for request off and make the schedules 3 weeks in advance.

Benefits for a part time associate

- free Tempur-Pedic mattress (you get to choose from a selection) for new hire award
    -free Tempur-Pedic pillow (randomly selected)
    -free Tempur-Pedic slippers during winter time
    -56 hours of sick pay
    -dental benefits
    -medical benefits
    -life insurance

When a family member died they were so ridiculously kind and helpful. I've worked at places where they try to guilt you to work your given shifts but they told me to go home and take as much time as needed. You get 5 days paid bereavement which is also a great benefit.

Cons

-It's retail so Saturdays and Sunday's are a given.
    -the flagship POS system could use a bit more work to make it more efficient

Advice to Management

IT people need to work with the stores to make the POS system more efficient

8. "Sealy before merger with Tempurpedic"

I worked at Tempur Sealy International full-time

Pros

Generous employee purchase offerings
    Opportunities to make real improvements
    Strong sales and accounting staff
    Efficiency is a priority
    Office staff is helpful

Cons

Union shop where the union and management are adversarial
    Sealy's regional HR could be unethical (say one thing and do another)

Advice to Management

Because of the Merger my advice for management may be very inaccurate. With the management that was in place at the time I worked there I would say they need to find a way to work better with their unions

"Supervisors Needed"

I have been working at Tempur Sealy International full-time

Pros

Competitive salary, great benefits.

Cons

No work life balance, mismanagement of talent, corporate is disconnected with manufacturing process, Tempur and Sealy still operate as two separate companies even with a merger. The company does not stand behind management or supervisors.

Advice to Management

Work as one company not two.

"Overworked"

Pros

None what so ever; worst place worked in entire career.

Cons

Promised 4-10 schedule but never worked once; too many lies about business and constant moving targets impossible to hit.

Advice to Management

Follow your procedures, don't lie to employees and stop overworking everyone.

"Spineless Top Executives supported by a corrupt Human Resources"

Pros

Generally enjoyed coworkers and direct reports.

Cons

Benefits and vacation time are subpar.

HR department completely runs the show. Senior Operational Execs are completely beholden to senior HR management. Game of Thrones has nothing on the Lexington corporate office. Data/facts aren't used to substantiate decisions. Everything is relationship driven. It's a good ole boy system. Some senior execs will talk about a transformation, but at the end of the day, they all have no spine and no interest in anything other than large cash payouts. I scratch your back, you scratch mine typifies the culture. Only those in the club are protected. Ignore the propaganda surrounding the "transformation." The propaganda states they want to be a data driven company with accountability. The reality is you can't have a data driven company when the people at the top are still all politics.

Advice to Management

None. If you're lower than a senior level executive, I'd recommend looking for a better opportunity. Nothing will change until the herd is thinned and the senior executive level has been completely transformed. HR in particular is corrupt. Until that cancer has been treated, nothing can be changed.