Tempur Sealy International Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 6, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management needs to be more involved with IT (in 7 reviews)

• Work-life balance overall is pretty good, but the company could grow in their acceptance of flexible work schedules (9/80's, 4 10's, etc (in 4 reviews)

1. "Continuous Improvement Coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Tempur Sealy International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good working conditions, must want to work hard.

Cons

No standard length workday, can vary from 6 - 12+ hours.

"Run don't walk - AWAY"

I have been working at Tempur Sealy International full-time

Pros

None. They do tout amenities but do not encourage use. Internal sporting events all come with an age cap! EEO???????????

Cons

There is no reason to work for this company, it is self-contained and narcissistic. If you are willing to drink the Kool-Aid and join a clique, all will be well. If you are not of such a mindset, then you will fly solo and never hear a whisper from your colleagues, including management.

Advice to Management

Break up your segregation and start encouraging participation as opposed to isolationism. This is a confusing and frustrating place to work.

"Team Leader"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Schaumburg, IL

Pros

I worked for one of the Tempur-Pedic flagship stores for about a year and a half and never have I gained better sales experience anywhere else! The managers really care about your well being and will groom you to be the best sales person you can be! The pay is higher than any other retail position I've had in the past. Tempur-Pedic closes its doors on Thanksgiving which is great, also! Goals and expectations were clearly communicated and if I ever had any trouble or needed any help, everyone was more than willing to do so. The discount is AMAZING and soon you'll turn your entire family and friends into Tempur-Pedic owners. The manager is great at working around your schedule and your needs. They often run fun contests and you'll always find extra ways to earn cash bonuses or prizes. My coworkers at Tempur-Pedic became my work family and they are some of the best around! Everyone that I had the pleasure of meeting at corporate was always so friendly and helpful, also.

Cons

There are none that I can think of. If you want sales experience and work in retail, this is the place to be!

"It's a job...."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Tempur Sealy International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company events, good supervisors, safety focused, great team in the production parts.

Cons

New leaders are negative. Our production is never enough. Don't recognize good jobs, always say couldn't you do one more? Always think we're doing something wrong. Have to use vacation time when we shutdown because of they're poor planning. Don't care about the hourly workers. It's becoming a sweatshop.

Advice to Management

Realize the impact the negative leaders are having on the workforce and other leaders. Make a change before it's too late and good workers leave.

"Great Brands, Okay Company"

Current Employee - Senior Territory Manager in Portland, ME
    Current Employee - Senior Territory Manager in Portland, ME

I have been working at Tempur Sealy International (More than 5 years)

Pros

TSI offers solid compensation and you are selling the best brands in the industry. They do offer decent healthcare and there are some truly great people who work for this company.

Cons

They have made many changes in the past year that have been detrimental for their employees. The health benefits have become sub-par especially if you need to cover your spouse and or children. They have taken away mileage for account reps and replaced it with a company car which you are required to pay toward. They also have recently created sales targets way above realistic expectations to prevent employees from taking advantage of the bonus compensation program making it very difficult to make your total compensation target. They also capped cost of living wage increase after a massive layoff last year at 2%.

6. "It may or may not be for you"

I worked at Tempur Sealy International full-time

Pros

Good work environment, company events

Cons

Tedious workload, low pay if you're not in managment

Advice to Management

Try to make things easier for the people having to do the tasks required day in and day out.

"Management has no clue what is going on"

Former Employee - IT Engineer in Lexington, KY
    Former Employee - IT Engineer in Lexington, KY

I worked at Tempur Sealy International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, pay, and vacation time

Cons

Layoffs every time stock drops. Your just a number and turnover is very high.

Advice to Management

Trest your employees as people.

8. "Warehouse associate"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate/Forklift
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate/Forklift

I have been working at Tempur Sealy International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall, a good place to work

Cons

Not quite enough hours all the time

Advice to Management

Need more hours

9. "A lot of changes in recent years. I'm satisfied with the overall direction of the company."

Current Employee - Senior Territory Sales Manager in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Territory Sales Manager in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Tempur Sealy International (More than 5 years)

Pros

A lot of good people work here. I've personally had a lot of opportunities to learn and gain new skill sets.

Cons

At times communication can be lacking between departments. The company sometimes makes desperate moves when sales are down- they can be good in the short term but have negative consequences in the long term. They seem to be doing this less over the last year though. There has consistently been a reorganization every September/October since 2012.

"Great Benefits, Dysfunctional Work Environment"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Brenham, TX
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Brenham, TX

I worked at Tempur Sealy International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome pay, medical, dental, vacation, investment and sign on bonus

Cons

HR and Key leaders have that good old boys mentality. Work condition in no air condition old factory that has multiple structural challenges and many employees are related so one might not fit in if not from geo-area.

Advice to Management

Focus on quality training, provide work life balance, and control family group hiring