Ten Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ten Group CEO Alex Cheatle
Alex Cheatle

Pros
  • Ten just believes that there is no service without great people and so is truly job one this (in 6 reviews)

• Fast paced environment where no two days are the same (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • You must be prepared to work some weekend days (in 3 reviews)

• very low pay,always understaffed,managers micromanage (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great Development"

Current Employee - Head of Service, Travel in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Head of Service, Travel in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ten Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ten has given me opportunities that I would never have had working for another company. I've travelled the world, done work as a manager of people, projects and clients, and learnt more than I could possibly have imagined.

If you're the kind of person who will take the bull by the horns/ask for forgiveness, not permission, then Ten is the place for you

Cons

Don't expect an easy ride. You'll get nothing out of Ten unless you put your heart and soul in. Do this, and you'll be rewarded.

Also, you join Ten for personal development, not for the salary. Be aware of this going in.

Mar 1, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. It’s great to hear that you have built your career here and we hope there are many more years to come!

"Plenty of growth opportunities"

I have been working at Ten Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

With the rapid speed in which Ten is growing, there are a lot of opportunities for individuals who are proactive, pioneering, self-starters. You will work with some of the smartest individuals in the field and will always be driven to submit ideas on how we can do better and be better.

Cons

Not to be viewed as a "con" but Ten is a fast-paced environment and it is not for everyone. Individuals with high octane backgrounds do well here as do all around go-getters.

Mar 1, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your comment. It’s great to hear that you are enjoying the opportunities that are coming your way. As a pioneering, innovative business, we are always looking at ways to improve and a ... More

3. "Pretty great!!"

Current Employee - Lifestyle Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Lifestyle Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Ten Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, constant improvement, growth and knowledge. Everyone is there for each other. Even though there are offices around the globe we all work together as one team. I have had many jobs previously and this is the first job I actually like going to work everyday for.

Cons

Sometimes overwhelming workload. In any job there are bad days or times, but I think there are more pros than cons here.

Mar 1, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you and we hope you continue enjoying working for Ten!

"Great Company to Work For"

I have been working at Ten Group full-time

Pros

If you want the freedom to make an impact on a business without red tape, Ten is a great place to work. Opportunities for development are unlimited if you have the right attitude and put the work in. Ten is a fun, people focused company, with some of the best people you'll ever work with.

Cons

Not so much a con as a working style - you need to like being independent and not expect

Mar 1, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your positive comments – ambition and motivation are a shared value amongst our employees!

6. "a lot of good people leave"

Current Employee - Lifestyle Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Lifestyle Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Ten Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

most co workers want to succeed and help each other

Cons

training is substandard,
    most team leaders like to hide and do not want to speak with members.
    best employees and the one or two good team leaders we have have left

Advice to Management

get rid off team leaders that are just marking time and bring back the ones who listened and helped

Mar 1, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your comments. We continue to work on a training programme for our Management team, whose performance is regularly appraised. If you have any concerns please always raise these with HR.

7. "Tenure at Ten"

I have been working at Ten Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great career growth opportunities, chances for working holidays around the world and multi-cultural environment.

Cons

tendency to try and do more with less. high staff rotation.

Advice to Management

pay attention to seasoned staff member as they constantly raise subjects that need attention.

Mar 1, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback and we hope you enjoyed (or will enjoy!) some working holidays whilst working for Ten. Our people are at the heart of our business and we continue to listen to their ... More

"Work overload"

Former Employee - Travel Lifestyle Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Travel Lifestyle Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Company hires really great people from all over the world

Cons

They will overload you with work and will penalize for overtime. training is not full and then you are on your own.

Mar 1, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We offer a two week full time induction for all new employees, as well as ongoing training. With regards to overtime, I am unclear what you mean so please send details of ... More

"Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at Ten Group (Less than a year)

Pros

nice people,favoritism with UK teams
    frequent overtime

Cons

lots of work and not enough employees
    very low pay,always understaffed,managers micromanage
    managers incompetent and unmotivated
    bonus structure promised during hiring process never received
    employees are miserable
    company is a joke

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees feedback
    invest more money in office space

Mar 1, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback and I’m sorry to hear about your experience. This is not what we expect to hear from former employees and I would like to find out more. Please email me at hr@tengroup.com ... More

"Manager"

I have been working at Ten Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Global company with so many different people (cultures, various backgrounds, creative) that you interact with daily. Truly amazing staff from top to bottom with everyone rolling up their sleeves to get things done. Growing company with lots of potential for growth. Open door policy so resources are available.

Cons

Training, but this is being improved and addressed. If you are a shy and quiet person, then not the place for you as you need to be engaging and ready to work hard.

Advice to Management

Continue to support the staff and keep reminding teams to bring solutions as there are lots of great ideas on the floor!

Aug 31, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Our training team has tripled in size this year so it's great to read that the extra support is now visible.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ten Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've worked for small and large corporations, but Ten is different to anywhere else. It's a company that lets you drive your own development, a company that supports initiative but mostly a company that is filled with incredibly talented and motivated individuals. I have had many incredible opportunities with Ten - a company that works on a truly global scale. Each day is different - which is absolutely part of its charm. If you want to work here, be prepared to work hard but also know that you have a huge support network behind you and the opportunities will flow!

Cons

Not really a con, but you have to be prepared to work hard! There is very little downtime.

Advice to Management

It's truly an opendoor policy! Management are available to you. If you have suggestions - bring them. If you have a problem, propose a solution.

Aug 31, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We see problems as opportunities and love to hear of ways that we can get better at what we do.