Cover image for Tenable

Found 421 of over 448 reviews

4.0
Tenable CEO Amit Yoran
Amit Yoran

What people are saying about Tenable

Join the conversation on

Tech

469.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Tenable~17494
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The benefits are good and there are many company events to try to get employees involved.(in 48 reviews)
  • "Tenable has a great culture and those that immerse themselves in their work and make connections across the organization seem to flourish.(in 34 reviews)
  • "Great people.(in 26 reviews)
  • "I think management is great with employee recognition and non(in 21 reviews)
  • "pay is good.(in 18 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Tenable and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

The best company I have ever worked for. Hands down

Dec 4, 2022 - Commercial Territory Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

• Well established processes - Tenable is not a small business and you won’t have to fight your way to figure out how to be successful. These processes have already been established as best practice and you will have some guidelines to work off of instead of scrambling trying to figure out an answer to a question. • Enablement sessions to help you continually learn the product and the market. They hold Office Hours and Seller Hour and have an entire database of learning content. •Career growth opportunities - your manager will take the time to review where you’re at and where you want to be in the next year. The entire management team wants you to grow in your career whether it’s at Tenable or not. • Amazing culture - you would work with some of the smartest people you’ve ever met. Everyone is super friendly. Huge plus is the diversity. The ERGs are phenomenal. • Work from home or at office - no pressure, it’s your choice • The pay is competitive and you’ll have opportunity to speak with your manager about your performance and how to make more • Literally the BEST company I have worked for hands down. My colleagues consistently agree with me.

Cons

There might me a bit of a learning curve when you first start if you’re not familiar with network security or vuln management. Just keep asking questions. I’m trying to think of other “cons” and nothing is coming to mind.

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

do not recommend anymore, layoffs, bad management

Nov 29, 2022 -  in Columbia, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

the engineers were knowledgeable and nice. benefits and pay above peers in maryland

Cons

where do I start? the company has started to layoff engineers that's I've worked with for a while now. we are already overworked and now have even less hands. a lot of good engineers have been driven out by incompetent managers. don't work under tenable io leadership as it is the dumbest group I've seen. management is absolutely crap and constantly disrupts the engineers. product and direction change constantly and so much so that you might be working hard on one thing and get loaned out to a diff manager the next day. about layoffs - they laid off a good bunch of people but have not backfield people that left. seems to be they are replacing American workers with outsourced worked from a south Asian continent. now I don't hate on that or anything but all that happens is now the tasks are done but code has become spaghetti and there isn't excitement to build software as it was before. a year or 2 ago I would've highly recommended but now with all these changes from management, layoffs and lack of direction I dont

1 person found this review helpful
  3. Join the Tenable team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fine

Nov 29, 2022 - Marketing Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Decent salary - Good benefits The salary was the main selling point for me. They also have great benefits and lots of "extra" employee resources - mental health support and fertility benefits. Leadership seemed to be relatively progressive.

Cons

- Poor onboarding - Unorganized - Culture wasn't great Very little (useful) onboarding- lots of big, time-consuming meetings without a ton of value. Implementing new ideas wasn't easy, I found myself spending a lot of time executing things that felt unnecessary because that's the way it had always been done. I came from a different industry, and between the lack of onboarding, a general sense of disorganization and miscommunications, constant acquisitions and changes of direction, I feel like I spent more time trying to figure out what was happening than actually doing my job. Even though the company values felt progressive, lots of meetings had an outdated boy's club undertone.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Doesn't value design / Leadership is still changing the vision of products annually

Nov 29, 2022 - Senior User Experience Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

+ good team & enjoyed the people I worked with + good compensation

Cons

- product vision has changed annually over the 4.5 years I was there. Leadership keeps changing every few years as well. Had 3 CPOs at that time & 4 Design Managers - Tenable is the engineering lead. They recently cut half the design team - Tenable has acquired so many products recently & is still struggling to make them all a cohesive package / add business value - the high turnover I've seen while here is enough to show that the company is still running as a startup w/out a solid vision of where they are heading

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Dec 3, 2022 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great teams Steady benefits Longevity in career

Cons

Slow movement being a larger company Not many cons

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Disorganized Disaster

Nov 30, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is reasonable The benefits are great

Cons

This place is a disorganized disaster. The managers and director's are more concerned with their next promotion than making sure a job is done right. Engineers are frequently thrown from project to project, only making small bits of progress before moving somewhere else again, never really getting anything done, and never learning enough about the parts of the project (or the product/project overall to make a difference). The company is unbalanced between offshore and onshore employees, and communication between both is not great. Sometimes when work needs to get done, and that work is held up until the next day, it is frustrating.

8. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Engineering Culture Has Died

Nov 23, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Somewhat competitive compensation compared to peers.

Cons

A few years ago, the engineering culture was passionate, exciting, and in constant pursuit of best practices. Over the past couple years as engineers have left, they have generally not be replaced with US based employees but rather overseas employees and contractors. I have no problem with non US employees, but the pattern I've observed is decreased quality of code and lack of engagement.

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Happy to be here

Nov 10, 2022 - Sales in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture of helping Good work life balance - leadership knows it's a marathon, not a race Product has legacy and is well respected in the market Smart people

Cons

Haven't run into any so far

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great work culture, benefits and leadership

Oct 27, 2022 - Support Worker in Columbia, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work culture. Good benefits with bonus and stock. Pays attention to employee work-life balance. Senior leadership listens to employee feedback and either provides a response or takes action.

Cons

Can still be a bit homogenous in some areas. Small pockets of (middle) management that may need more nudging.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love it

Nov 7, 2022 - Billing Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, fair pay, work life balance.

Cons

Some benefits are not the best but still good

Viewing 1 - 10 of 421 Reviews
</>Embed

Tenable Reviews FAQs

Tenable has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 448 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at Tenable to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Tenable employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Tenable. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

78% of Tenable employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Tenable 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Tenable to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Tenable Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Tenable? Share Your Experiences

Tenable logo

Tenable Careers

Cover image for Tenable

What we do matters. Where we do it matters less. Tenable is proud to continue giving our employees the flexibility to do their best work...More

• D&I Initiatives

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

Logo

113 days ago

Culture
Throughout August and the first week of September, we celebrate Employee Appreciation Days at Tenable by closing our offices on Fridays! That means you may see that we are OOO (out of office) from time to time. This is an opportunity for our #OneTenable team to use their time to focus on what matters most to them. From spending time with family, relaxing and taking on new, adventurous hobbies, your team knows how to use their time the way they want! We invite you to see their stories and experiences on LinkedIn by following #OneTenable. And, make sure to check out our employee story videos on our YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyEQbjuAg7yQO5GXSfmnr1phjV4iexTUm
Employee Appreciation Days: Emilia's Story
www.youtube.com

Tenable Photos

+ Add Photo
Tenable photo of: Tenable COO, Mark Thurmond, Visits Our International HQ in Dublin
Tenable photo of: Tenable employees demonstrate their creative efforts to build and foster community while working from home with fun virtual meeting backgrounds!
Tenable photo of: Pride@Tenable
Tenable photo of: Black@Tenable
Tenable photo of: Tenable Named a Top Workplace 2020 by The Washington Post
Tenable photo of: Members of our Women@Tenable Employee Resource Group planning their next networking event.
Tenable photo of: #EachforEqual. Tenable celebrates International Women's Day 2020.

Expert Career Advice

Blackboard

3.8

1,107 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 448 Tenable reviews submitted anonymously by Tenable employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Tenable is right for you.