Cover image for Tenable

Tenable

Engaged Employer

Tenable

Add a Review

Tenable Employee Reviews about "company is growing"

Updated Nov 29, 2023

3.5
Tenable CEO Amit Yoran
Amit Yoran

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "The benefits are good and there are many company events to try to get employees involved.(in 47 reviews)
  • "People are great there.(in 36 reviews)
  • "Tenable has a great culture and those that immerse themselves in their work and make connections across the organization seem to flourish.(in 35 reviews)
  • "Pay is good though increments are not that great(in 19 reviews)
  • "Commensurate pay, Work from home, great team/co(in 18 reviews)
Cons

Ratings by Demographics

Want more options?

This rating reflects the overall rating of Tenable and is not affected by filters.

Reviews about "company is growing"

Return to all Reviews
      Oct 2, 2019
      Territory Manager
      Former Employee, more than 1 year
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and company values

Cons

Poor executive and management decisions

Feb 25, 2016
        Anonymous Intern
        Current Intern
        Business Outlook

Pros

CEO is great and really cares about the employees. Company culture is relaxed and not too stressful.

Cons

Pay is not as high as some other placs but is made up for by the pros of workign here.

2. Join the Tenable team
        See Our Latest Jobs
          Mar 14, 2019
          Software Engineer
          Columbia, MD
          Business Outlook

Pros

- Mature products (Nessus, SecurityCenter/Tenable.sc, LCE) - High achieving and knowledgeable engineers - Experienced lower management - Supportive lower management - Benefits exceed Big N companies (slightly above-average salary, top 1% health insurance, above average vision and dental insurance, insane amount of PTO, work from home flexibility, generous stock plans, generous grants, partial tuition reimbursement, some discounts on major retailers) - Opportunity for growth (software engineers) - Excellent hardware for developers - Innovation Day (1 day a sprint to contribute to your team's product with what you think could improve the customer's experience) - Excellent company hackathon-vacation (INIT) - Engineers get 1 paid conference to attend anywhere in the world (management approval) - Abundance of parking spots - Abundance of snacks, coffee, lattes, etc - Abundance of catered food budget - Excellent area with high quality restaurants and nearby food options for lunch - New building soon in 2020

Cons

- Extremely complex software not for the faint of heart - Lack of spaces for developers to brainstorm and peer-code - Not enough fun things to do when taking coding breaks - Lack of whiteboards and whiteboard walls for engineers - High expectations for features (some feature bloating) - Frequent upper management changes - No Wikipedia page for our multi-billion dollar company (like, seriously?) - Video game collection is lacking

Jun 30, 2017
            Customer Success Manager
            Dublin, Dublin
            Business Outlook

Pros

Startup culture even for well established company • Relaxed atmosphere • Competitive Salary • Medical and Dental Benefits • Performance is rewarded • Training provided in US HQ • Full team takes part in new hire on-boarding • Tight camaraderie from all regional teams even when members are remote • Great team Spirit • Clear opportunity based targets • Huge growth and opportunities • Games/TV room for breaks • Free hot drinks

Cons

Where do I start. • I think I have repetitive stress syndrome from raising and lowering my Electric Standing Desk. No-one ever offered to assist me. • People got too good at PlayStation, I spend most of my lunch hours being destroyed at FIFA, I think some of them purchased the game to play at home for this sole purpose. Scum. My confidence is at an all-time low. • This wonderful new office has made me quite cocky when I tell people where I work. It's not a version of me that I like. • The convenient central location of the office comes at a cost. I look like a daddy long legs on a bicycle during my commute. • There are at least 4 coffee shops within a 100 metre radius of the office. I hate coffee. • Everyone is really helpful, friendly and welcoming here. SO creepy. • There are showers in the bathrooms. Bring your own towel though cos I had to drip dry twice, wasted 3 minutes there. • Regular and healthy snacks provided???? So it's guilt or obesity? I don't appreciate mind games. • Each employee's birthday is celebrated with gifts and food. I want to feel this special every day. This is not the case. • Frequent team building activities. My teammates in the escape rooms challenge were less than helpful. • A guy from Tech support told me to shut up once (clearly doesn't appreciate the BANTS). I think he's leaving now • Someone tried to learn an instrument in the office once. They've gone now. • Someone asked for a nap room once. They've gone now.

Hi there fellow Tenable employee! We’re glad to hear that you are having such a positive experience at “Amenable NeatWork Security,” and we hope we continue to provide a great work environment . However, we’d like to address some of your concerns that you’ve listed as “Cons”: -I am sorry to hear that you are suffering from repetitive stress syndrome as a result of your standing desk struggles. I’d suggest taking the manual’s advice and plug the desk in…this should alleviate your pain. -Perhaps if you Dublin folks lay off the Guinness…you’ll be better at FIFA…give it a try ;) -With regards to the Escape Room…I’ve heard that an employee accidentally locked themselves in a utility closet rather than the designated escape room. Was this you? If so, this may be why they were less than helpful…(It also sounds like maybe they left you there on purpose) All jokes set aside...Thanks for the clever review! :)

1. 2.0
              Mar 10, 2016
              Current Employee
              Business Outlook

Pros

Tenable is a great place to work. The CEO definitely cares about the company and the products. The culture at the company is great, very relaxed and friendly. The benefits are good and there are many company events to try to get employees involved. The goals and outlook for the company is great and product line for a software company is amazing.

Cons

Many of the employees are overworked and under paid for that amount of work that each person is required to do. The lack of understanding of what balance is, is an understatement. Upper management pushes and pushes for more but at the same time require employees to meet crazy metrics. Technical support is the one of the biggest complaint, not at the employees in that team, but the management of that team. There are many sales position open but literally none of the positions are for technical support. The rate the company is growing in sales are not adding up to the amount of support needed. The company stress on how great the products are and how subscription requires customers to like the product so they would renew. What they fail to see is the amount of work required from the technical perspective versus the amount of people who support the products. The refusal or complete negligence of the idea that support is the reason customers renew is just infuriating. They need to review and evaluate their goals as a company. The lack of resources given to the technical support to the abundance of resources given to other departments makes it seem that the company no longer values the products and quality.

1. 4.0
                Jul 20, 2022
                Data Analyst
                Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive compensation Challenging work Massive company growth--opportunity to contribute to these projects Super nice office

Cons

Some managers have micromanaging moments--sending double slacks with "?" if you don't respond quickly (15 min) Slack can be the worst app ever--connects to your phone, and they can message you after hours. It's hard to truly disconnect when working remote Some departments are growing really quickly, but the org chart isn't organized. They plan to bring in new hires to lighten the load of others, but end up just creating new projects and leaving older employees with massive loads.

1. 3.0
                  Oct 18, 2022
                  Marketing
                  Former Employee, more than 3 years
                  Columbia, MD
                  Business Outlook

Pros

Tenable is an excellent company that bends over backwards to address competitive pay, benefits, training and diversity. Best I have seen to date. Products perform well and the company has a large customer base from all verticals and at all sizes. Their name is stellar in the industry and the company takes the moral high ground wherever mudslinging happens. They truly try to put the customer first in all aspects. This is very much due to having Amit Yoran there in addition to some key leaders he hand picked. Truly the best in the business.

Cons

The company is at risk touch in two distinct ways: (a) Acquisitions are important. But the amount of them were too quick without a real strategy for integration. These businesses which were viable independently are in various stages of languishing and in some cases decline. While telling a good story for each of the acquisition targets, looking behind the curtain tells a very different story. The strategy is no strategy. (b) As mentioned in the pros, there are some great leaders in the org - but there are also some awful ones. The awful ranges from unqualified for their current role, to ones with downright evil intentions to co workers and subordinates. They will crawl over the dead bodies they create in order to advance. This has become a cancer in the org and is a big reason for the exodus currently underway. I hope that the (good part of the) leadership can correct these two things. Without it, I believe Tenable will continue to suffer needlessly in the long run.

Jan 9, 2018
                    Devops Engineer
                    Current Employee, less than 1 year
                    Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere and a feel of a company trying to keep up with todays technologies and AGILE process. Developers are encouraged to cross train and are capable of building out complete stack with little or no help from devops team after initial training. Things get done quickly, you are encouraged to suggest and take control of your projects. Management support is there in form of time and training. Good feedback from the team and clear vision as to where the company is going.

Cons

Like any big company that has been around for a while there are challenges. Its not easy to switch from on premise thinking to a cloud vision for most IT teams today. Yet there is a willingness to work together and overcome the challenges.

Jul 4, 2023
                      Manager
                      Former Employee, more than 5 years
                      London, England
                      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and an amazing company to be part of!

Cons

Glass ceiling for non US employees!

Dec 29, 2016
                        Current Employee
                        Dublin, Dublin
                        Business Outlook

Pros

- Well managed - great products - Happy customers(mainly) - rapidly growing start up - great future company plan - New modern office in city centre

Cons

- perks EU vs.US No more cons, great and fun place to be

Viewing 1 - 10 of 72 Reviews
                      </>Embed

Popular Careers with Tenable Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Want the inside scoop on your own company?

Join your Company Bowl™ for anonymous work chats.

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

ComEd

Got booted from my former position about 4 years ago, which I LOVED. I have the impression I was "kept" in sympathy. Now that I have my feet beneath me, I feel like I'm running in place. Over the past 2 years, I've probably applied for about 100 positions in other departments. True, a few were unlikely moonshots, but for the most part I didn't misrepresent myself. Am I the world's worst interviewer? Otherwise.. shouldn't I have been accepted elsewhere, by choice?

4 Comments

Administrative Assistant

I haven't worked since Jan. 2020 when my job as administrative assistant for the Hospitalist group was eliminated. I can't begin to count the number of applications submitted, interviews I've had, jobs that I was told were mine then they weren't, etc. Several jobs have fallen through or not panned out. I am not a job hopper and want to stay where I go. I have a zoom interview tomorrow for a front desk receptionist position at an oral surgeon's office. Any interview tips are appreciated.

5 Comments

Meta

Hey all, I’m looking for advice on program manager hypothetical interviews such as: “what would you do if X happened?” Is there a particular thing or core value that Bloomberg looks for? Thanks!

0 Comments

Glassdoor has 532 Tenable reviews submitted anonymously by Tenable employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Tenable is right for you.