KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Tenable Employee Reviews about "company is growing"

Updated Sep 7, 2021

Found 63 of over 410 reviews

3.9
Tenable CEO Amit Yoran
Amit Yoran

What people are saying about Tenable

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The benefits are good and there are many company events to try to get employees involved.(in 40 reviews)
  • "Good company, great people!(in 26 reviews)
  • "Tenable has a great culture and those that immerse themselves in their work and make connections across the organization seem to flourish.(in 22 reviews)
  • "I think management is great with employee recognition and non(in 20 reviews)
  • "Good pay and compensation here(in 17 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Tenable and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "company is growing"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work!

Sep 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership, benefits, team collaboration, flexible work environment,

Cons

Company is growing fast and priorities shift.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

Sep 14, 2020 - Associate Security Engineer in Columbia, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay and benefits, Managers show they care about their team

Cons

Company is growing. While this is a good thing, it doesnt feel like im working for a small company that feels like a "Family" - now it feels like im working for a corporation

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

This company cares about keeping you successful and moving forward if you put in the work!

Jan 29, 2020 - Technical Support Engineer in Columbia, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great products - Very understanding managers (I have a low immune sickness and they accommodate greatly) - Good room for growth

Cons

- Growing pains (this company is growing a lot and we do have to deal with changes) - I believe some of our internal team could use more of a morale boost because certain tasks will take a while. - If you are out of work, there is a trust factor in play for people who watch your queue and I feel that I've had some times where my queue was not observed properly on days I'm out. Makes me want to vacation less and work more to make sure I don't get screwed.

4. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Great Environment

Sep 15, 2019 - Software Engineer(Internship) in Columbia, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly peers, agile workflow, not hierarchical, salary, culture

Cons

Growing company -> frequent changes

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A growing company full of great engineers

Jul 25, 2019 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is one that pushes for continued learning & growth by encouraging attendance at a conference of your choosing each year and hosting internal sessions like a weekly blog club. This is one of the few companies embracing a highly distributed model, allowing many engineers to work from home. There is a high bar for passing the interview, so if you make it in, you'll be working with some smart folks who will challenge you to become a better engineer. Compensation and benefits are also quite good.

Cons

Tenable is a rapidly growing company, so be willing to accept change. As far as I can tell, management is great about helping in any way they can to help engineers with these changes and give them as much freedom as possible.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Supportive culture, great team work, company with a future

Apr 29, 2019 - SE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive work culture. Great team and manager. Ability to work from home and have a work/life balance has been a game changer for me. Many new HR initiatives that focus on attracting, supporting and retaining talent diversity.

Cons

Fast growing company with the expected challenges any company in these shoes would have. Product maturity could improve. 401k matching percentage can be higher.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee

Marketing Team

Oct 31, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company culture and they treat employees well.

Cons

Since the company is growing bigger things are changing too fast and sometimes changes are being made by Leadership without consideration of employees.

6 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Former Contractor

An enjoyable place

Feb 5, 2018 - Anonymous Contractor
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Coworkers are really nice and interesting *Flexible schedule *Ability to telework *Free food and snacks *Management really tries to make sure we are comfortable and having fun

Cons

*The company is growing very fast so a lot of people are new. It can be hard to catch up a lot of people on policies.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Sales

Dec 22, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- You get engaged on all levels. You feel you belong! - Good pay and benefits - Flexibility - Great competitive offerings

Cons

- Roller coaster of growing company. Enjoy the ride! - Changes are healthy but blaring in the beginning. Keep it up and be patient.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Teal is my favorite color now

Oct 17, 2017 - Engineering Manager in Sandy, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Remote work option is a blessing -Forward thinking and transparent leadership that support me and give me opportunities for growth -Great technology to play with (k8s, docker, CI/CD pipelines, etc) -Great pay and benefits (including professional development allowances) -Top notch colleagues to collaborate with, no "brogramming" or "cliques"

Cons

None that I can think of that are worth publicly noting. It's a growing company and they will have "growing pains", as people say. Any minor con has been handled with genuine care and attention in my experience. In-fact better than majority of companies I've worked for in the past, which makes it difficult to list any cons.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 63 Reviews

Company Updates

Logo

323 days ago

Company News
"Beyond Boundaries: The Future of Cybersecurity in the New World of Work" is informed by responses from more than 1,300 security leaders, business executives and remote workers around the world. Download the study today!
Shared image - Seventy-Four Percent of Organizations Attribute Damaging Cyberattacks to Vulnerabilities in Technology Put in Place During the Pandemic, According to Global Industry Study
www.tenable.com

Tenable Photos

+ Add Photo
Tenable photo of: Tenable COO, Mark Thurmond, Visits Our International HQ in Dublin
Tenable photo of: Tenable employees demonstrate their creative efforts to build and foster community while working from home with fun virtual meeting backgrounds!
Tenable photo of: Pride@Tenable
Tenable photo of: Black@Tenable
Tenable photo of: Tenable Named a Top Workplace 2020 by The Washington Post
Tenable photo of: Members of our Women@Tenable Employee Resource Group planning their next networking event.
Tenable photo of: #EachforEqual. Tenable celebrates International Women's Day 2020.

Glassdoor has 410 Tenable reviews submitted anonymously by Tenable employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Tenable is right for you.