Tenable Employee Reviews about "company is growing"

Updated Sep 14, 2020

3.7
Tenable CEO Amit Yoran
Amit Yoran
Pros
  • "Some opportunities to work from home were also a great perk(in 32 reviews)

• "Excellent work/life balance - Opportunities to work from home and prioritize personal and family life(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company is growing very fast so a lot of people are new(in 21 reviews)

• "None of which are really negatives just a little growing pains(in 14 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "company is growing"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Associate Security Engineer in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Tenable full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great pay and benefits, Managers show they care about their team

Cons

Company is growing. While this is a good thing, it doesnt feel like im working for a small company that feels like a "Family" - now it feels like im working for a corporation

"This company cares about keeping you successful and moving forward if you put in the work!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Tenable full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great products - Very understanding managers (I have a low immune sickness and they accommodate greatly) - Good room for growth

Cons

- Growing pains (this company is growing a lot and we do have to deal with changes) - I believe some of our internal team could use more of a morale boost because certain tasks will take a while. - If you are out of work, there is a trust factor in play for people who watch your queue and I feel that I've had some times where my queue was not observed properly on days I'm out. Makes me want to vacation less and work more to make sure I don't get screwed.

3. "Great Environment"

Former Intern - Software Engineer(Internship) in Columbia, MD

I worked at Tenable for less than a year

Pros

Friendly peers, agile workflow, not hierarchical, salary, culture

Cons

Growing company -> frequent changes

4. "A growing company full of great engineers"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Remote, OR

I have been working at Tenable full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is one that pushes for continued learning & growth by encouraging attendance at a conference of your choosing each year and hosting internal sessions like a weekly blog club. This is one of the few companies embracing a highly distributed model, allowing many engineers to work from home. There is a high bar for passing the interview, so if you make it in, you'll be working with some smart folks who will challenge you to become a better engineer. Compensation and benefits are also quite good.

Cons

Tenable is a rapidly growing company, so be willing to accept change. As far as I can tell, management is great about helping in any way they can to help engineers with these changes and give them as much freedom as possible.

5. "Supportive culture, great team work, company with a future"

Current Employee - SE

I have been working at Tenable full-time for more than a year

Pros

Supportive work culture. Great team and manager. Ability to work from home and have a work/life balance has been a game changer for me. Many new HR initiatives that focus on attracting, supporting and retaining talent diversity.

Cons

Fast growing company with the expected challenges any company in these shoes would have. Product maturity could improve. 401k matching percentage can be higher.

"Marketing Team"

I worked at Tenable full-time

Pros

Good company culture and they treat employees well.

Cons

Since the company is growing bigger things are changing too fast and sometimes changes are being made by Leadership without consideration of employees.

7. "An enjoyable place"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Tenable

Pros

*Coworkers are really nice and interesting *Flexible schedule *Ability to telework *Free food and snacks *Management really tries to make sure we are comfortable and having fun

Cons

*The company is growing very fast so a lot of people are new. It can be hard to catch up a lot of people on policies.

"Sales"

4.0

I have been working at Tenable full-time for less than a year

Pros

- You get engaged on all levels. You feel you belong! - Good pay and benefits - Flexibility - Great competitive offerings

Cons

- Roller coaster of growing company. Enjoy the ride! - Changes are healthy but blaring in the beginning. Keep it up and be patient.

Continue reading

"Teal is my favorite color now"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Sandy, OR

I have been working at Tenable full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Remote work option is a blessing -Forward thinking and transparent leadership that support me and give me opportunities for growth -Great technology to play with (k8s, docker, CI/CD pipelines, etc) -Great pay and benefits (including professional development allowances) -Top notch colleagues to collaborate with, no "brogramming" or "cliques"

Cons

None that I can think of that are worth publicly noting. It's a growing company and they will have "growing pains", as people say. Any minor con has been handled with genuine care and attention in my experience. In-fact better than majority of companies I've worked for in the past, which makes it difficult to list any cons.

"Reactionary"

2.0
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Tenable full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great co-workers (depends on your team). Modern office space and work environment.

Cons

Several rounds of surprise layoffs even though the company is growing. Many products are dead or dying. Will not pay out PTO when you leave.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 English Reviews