Tenable Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated Mar 9, 2020

3.7
Tenable CEO Amit Yoran
Amit Yoran
Pros
  • "Some opportunities to work from home were also a great perk(in 32 reviews)

• "Excellent work/life balance - Opportunities to work from home and prioritize personal and family life(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company is growing very fast so a lot of people are new(in 21 reviews)

• "None of which are really negatives just a little growing pains(in 14 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company"

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Columbia, MD

I worked at Tenable full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really enjoyed my time at Tenable. You'll have many opportunities to learn and grow. There is always someone who can address any question you have. Great benefits and I felt the pay was fair for the job. Some opportunities to work from home were also a great perk.

Cons

I would have liked to have been able to work from home exclusively (for me a big con was the commute). Otherwise, the workload in Tech Support can be a bit crazy at times, but that mostly comes with the territory. My only real complaint is that they don't pay out PTO when you leave, so make sure to use up as much as you can before departing! (Hopefully they'll change that policy).

"Excellent Company to work for with continuing growth ahead!"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Tenable full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working at Tenable as a TSE for close to a year, coming directly out of School with a Bachelors Degree in I.T. Tenable has been a really interesting and fun place to work. There is always a new challenge and I find myself learning and expanding my knowledge of I.T. everyday at work. Colleagues and management are extremely helpful in day to day operations. There are always available avenues to ask for help when needed. They start new employees off with an in-depth training program to learn the various Products. Pay and Benefits are stellar, I have also enjoyed the opportunity to work from home. Overall I have really had an overwhelmingly positive experience working at Tenable so far, highly recommended.

Cons

There can be some stressfull moments, particularly when first starting to take tickets, but it dissipates as a workflow is developed and Product Knowledge is expanded. The ability to get help so easily is also a stress reliever on a day to day basis.

3. "Work/Life Balance and Opportunities for growth"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Tenable full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent work/life balance - Opportunities to work from home and prioritize personal and family life. Numerous opportunities for professional development and growth. The work we do gets noticed and recognition is given. Management team that cares about your success - Excellent manager to employee ratios, frequent one on one meetings, quick to address employee concerns. Their goal is for us to succeed and give us the tools and mentoring we need to succeed. Tenable Support is frequently called out by the upper level management for the incredible work we do and is recognized throughout the company for its contributions.

Cons

I can't think of any. I love my job and can't wait to come to work every day.

Continue reading
  4. "A growing company full of great engineers"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Remote, OR

I have been working at Tenable full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is one that pushes for continued learning & growth by encouraging attendance at a conference of your choosing each year and hosting internal sessions like a weekly blog club. This is one of the few companies embracing a highly distributed model, allowing many engineers to work from home. There is a high bar for passing the interview, so if you make it in, you'll be working with some smart folks who will challenge you to become a better engineer. Compensation and benefits are also quite good.

Cons

Tenable is a rapidly growing company, so be willing to accept change. As far as I can tell, management is great about helping in any way they can to help engineers with these changes and give them as much freedom as possible.

5. "A Company That Cares About Paving Your Path to Success"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Tenable full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been with the company for under a year and I can already see myself working for Tenable for the long haul. The people are incredibly kind and everyone looks to build one another up. I feel my team's true and good intentions to help me succeed and most importantly, succeed as a part of my department. We have fun and joke with one another, but hold each other accountable for our own individual efforts. The company culture is fantastic and I feel like I can come to my job everyday feeling valued, appreciated, and respected. Great benefits, moving into new headquarters soon, flexible work from home if needed depending on your role/manager

Cons

Some people work 100% remote so it can be tough to connect with colleagues, but we use Zoom video conferencing and Slack to communicate quickly!

"Unicorn Tech Company With Strong Products and Determined Focus on R&D in Cybersecurity + "Cyberexposure""

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Tenable full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Mature products (Nessus, SecurityCenter/Tenable.sc, LCE) - High achieving and knowledgeable engineers - Experienced lower management - Supportive lower management - Benefits exceed Big N companies (slightly above-average salary, top 1% health insurance, above average vision and dental insurance, insane amount of PTO, work from home flexibility, generous stock plans, generous grants, partial tuition reimbursement, some discounts on major retailers) - Opportunity for growth (software engineers) - Excellent hardware for developers - Innovation Day (1 day a sprint to contribute to your team's product with what you think could improve the customer's experience) - Excellent company hackathon-vacation (INIT) - Engineers get 1 paid conference to attend anywhere in the world (management approval) - Abundance of parking spots - Abundance of snacks, coffee, lattes, etc - Abundance of catered food budget - Excellent area with high quality restaurants and nearby food options for lunch - New building soon in 2020

Cons

- Extremely complex software not for the faint of heart - Lack of spaces for developers to brainstorm and peer-code - Not enough fun things to do when taking coding breaks - Lack of whiteboards and whiteboard walls for engineers - High expectations for features (some feature bloating) - Frequent upper management changes - No Wikipedia page for our multi-billion dollar company (like, seriously?) - Video game collection is lacking

Continue reading
  7. "Supportive culture, great team work, company with a future"

Current Employee - SE

I have been working at Tenable full-time for more than a year

Pros

Supportive work culture. Great team and manager. Ability to work from home and have a work/life balance has been a game changer for me. Many new HR initiatives that focus on attracting, supporting and retaining talent diversity.

Cons

Fast growing company with the expected challenges any company in these shoes would have. Product maturity could improve. 401k matching percentage can be higher.

"Engineers are Expendable"

1.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Tenable full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working from home flexibility Generous PTO and Holidays

Cons

Constant reorganizations, layoffs, and firing of quality engineers. Below market pay Lack of career growth, mainly because you'll be reporting to a different manager every few quarters and have to prove yourself all over again. Senior Leadership is absolute chaos and has inability to provide a clear vision or direction. New Sr. Leadership uses dehumanizing words during all hands and town halls referring to longtime respected engineers who have been fired as "Resources." New Sr. Leadership REFUSED to face the camera when addressing remote employees during his first all hands. That was the first clue a new round of layoffs were coming.

Continue reading

"Not a great place to work"

1.0

I worked at Tenable full-time

Pros

Work from home, good people overall, good momentum behind the company and a recent IPO. Seems to be in a good position overall going forward. Working from home is great flexibility. Competitive pay.

Cons

Leadership needs a lot of work. There's been changes consistently for the better part of the last year, but honestly, nothing has improved. The worst part of the company is culture. It's pretty rotten at this point and I don't think there's much of a chance of a change in the upcoming months. There's much better places to work so I'd think twice before joining

"Drama Queens"

2.0
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Tenable full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home, structured, defined

Cons

Too structured leaving no room for creativity, too many crybabies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 32 English Reviews