Tenaris Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Tenaris Chairman and CEO Paolo Rocca
Paolo Rocca

Pros
Cons
  • Chaotic Management and difficult to find a work-life balance (in 59 reviews)

• Lots of bureaucracy, sometimes long hours (in 20 reviews)

"Avoid at all costs"

Former Employee - Procurement in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Procurement in Houston, TX

I worked at Tenaris full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Once a quarter you will get a free, soggy half sandwich from Panera while upper management talks to you about how great Tenaris is. You will get a humiliating bonus BUT at Thanksgiving they'll give you a $20 Walmart gift card, so that evens it out.

Cons

Where to begin.... run. Compensation IS A JOKE. What you give to the company does not matter. When I first started, top management told us they wanted Tenaris USA to be an "American company" with Americans in management. When the oil crisis hit, nearly every American over the age of 40 was let go. No expats touched. I spent several years at the company and never once suggested an idea or gave an opinion that wasn't immediately slammed by management. My direct coordinator was good, but management directly above him made life miserable. They are incredibly fake, constantly micromanage every detail, have no trust in employees, do not care about employee development, and have the most passive aggressive communication style. This management is single handedly driving people out. When I put in my two weeks notice, the DIRECTOR of my department and the manager below him never said a word to me or acknowledged my existence for the following two weeks. That part was actually kind of nice.

Nobody wants to stay at this place, especially now that they are expecting the entire company to pick up their families and move to the middle of nowhere, Texas. Because why wouldn't you send your children to bad schools and move your entire life for the good of a company that doesn't care about you? And if you don't go, essentially no severance or unemployment?! I'm beyond thankful to be out.

Advice to Management

Get new management.

"Cronyism > Hard Work"

I worked at Tenaris full-time

Pros

Global vision, sharpen technical skills.

Cons

Much of your career success is attributed to who likes you, not what you've done/your intelligence/efforts. If you want to make moves in this company be sure you know how to "play the game".

Advice to Management

HR needs to choose stronger talent.

"Worst Career Mistake (Disrespectful)"

Former Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Tenaris (More than a year)

Pros

Being able to go home. Having Air conditioning sometimes on weekends.

Cons

Being nothing than a beast of burden. Used up and spit out once you worked 100 hours a week in some instances. Pay stunk as well.

Advice to Management

You are lucky you didn't get sued.

"Avoid"

Current Employee - Shift Lead in Kennett, MO
    Current Employee - Shift Lead in Kennett, MO

I have been working at Tenaris full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A very unpleasant place, very negative work culture, the plant is unnecessarily noisy, filthy, and exposed to weather. Management culture views employees as (at best) disposable and the enemy.

Cons

Employee turnover over 100% each tear. Company policy is to deny unemployment claim and to fight it through appeals. Accident investigations focus on smearing the injured worker and citing 'policies' they just made up. (We have a policy against falling).
    Company policy forbids traditional coffee breaks- legally required lunch only.
    Benefits filled with exclusions.
    Zero respect for personal time, with frequent last-minute schedule/shift changes.
    Extremely slow to pay and disputes all bills.
    Company actively follows social media, and will undoubtedly dispute this review, and try to identify the poster. Fear / intimidation is the management style.

Advice to Management

What goes up must come down

5. "Buyer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Tenaris full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- made some good connections

Cons

- Very Political
    - Too much work
    - Low pay for the amount of work done.

Advice to Management

Stop being so political and mainly giving Argentine/Italian employees a chance at higher positions.

"Not concerned with you, just the bottom line"

Former Employee - IT Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - IT Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Tenaris full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

co-workers that came from Precision Tube, Hydril, Maverick Steel, Texas Arai.

Cons

new co-workers. Instead of moving seasoned employees to promotions. they would hire kids out of school who would come in and repeat mistakes make 10+ years ago. Since Tenaris purchased several companies in and around the US they did not have any history as well. They would take the advice of new people and act like they just re-invented the wheel. while the whole time the new guy already learned this information from an employee with history. They pretty much abandoned any employee over 30 unless you were foreign or a close friend of the management. Under the older companies i started out at 42k a year, when I left Tenaris i was making over 100k a year. My pay climbed to 96k a year under previous ownership, under Tenaris it stalled and was only pushed over from Bonuses.

Advice to Management

college degree will never beat experience

"GT Program"

Former Employee - Global Trainee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Global Trainee in Houston, TX

I worked at Tenaris full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- There are a lot of good people that work/use to work here. Overall, Tenaris recruits fairly well.
    - The GT program is fairly good as far as rotational programs go
    -Christmas party was fun.

Cons

- A large portion of the management are completely out of touch with reality. Since it’s a large foreign-owned company they do not seem very invested in there U.S. acquisitions other than the new Bay City facility.
    - The company has been going through major downsizing and has closed multiple facilities in the U.S. They did not provide severance pay or any other help.
    - There was a lot bureaucracy and red tape. It took me months to get software I needed for my job, and the purchasing system was a nightmare.
    - The company puts a lot of stake in your performance review, which can be pretty bad if your direct supervisor falls into the category of “completely out of touch with reality”
    - Pay is a little bit below average.

Advice to Management

Need to do a better job evaluating who deserves to be promoted.

"maintaince supervisor"

Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Magnolia, TX
    Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Magnolia, TX

I worked at Tenaris (More than 3 years)

Pros

did not like working there

Cons

everybody was backstapping other people

Advice to Management

get rid of management

"Look Elsewhere!!!"

Current Employee - Buyer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Buyer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Tenaris full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health insurance and 401K
    Covered Parking
    Lots of places to eat lunch near the building if you work at the galleria office

Cons

I could write an entire diatribe here, but it would be a waste of my time, and I have already wasted a couple of years of my life working here, so it will suffice to say that you should just avoid coming to work here at all cost unless it is absolutely your only option,.

Advice to Management

Senior management should embrace diversity and allow females and non-Argentinian nationals to be part of the decision making process, stop micromanaging their employees, spend less time playing politics and perpetuating nepotism.

10. "WMS operator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Tenaris full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None really cant say at this point money was good

Cons

None at this point all I can say was the money was good and no commucation and stayed lyeing to employes

Advice to Management

Get off your butts